Tell us which course is your Home course

James River Country Club, Newport News, VA.

http://www.jamesrivercountryclub.com

jamesriver710.jpg

41768.jpg

Last edited:
Home course is The Glen Club in Glenview, IL just north of Chicago.

www.theglenclub.com

Fun and interesting Tom Fazio course. Par 72 with a good variety of tee boxes and greens that can play very differently depending on where the pins are. I usually play from the Blues which is around 6700 yards (72.8/135) but the tips are 7200 yards (75.4/142).

I love this thread.

My home course is Northwood Golf Club in Monte Rio, Ca. http://www.northwoodgolf.com/ Redwood lined fairways make for a really challenging and really enjoyable course. Happy to have have it 15 minutes from the house. Northwood was an important consideration in choosing to live here and choosing to buy here. There are quite a few great courses in the area but Northwood is special.

Though I'm now in Philadelphia, my home course is in the Poconos, PA. Buck Hill Falls. An underrated course. 27 holes, Red, White and Blue. Robert White designed the first 9 then Donald Ross expanded it in 1922 ( Something like that) It doesn't market itself at all and frankly, no one knows about it. New clubhouse, decent pro shop and some nice elevation changes on the Blue and Red. Postage stamp greens and woods make up for it's lack of length. Some of the THP'ers here would crush this course but it's a beauty. I used to snowmobile on the fairways in the winter in my 1972 Arctic Cat Puma (We were allowed to and we avoided the tees and greens) It's probably a tad overpriced if you are not a homeowner in my opinion, but I think it's still one of the nicest courses in the Poconos without a doubt. White, Blue is standard 18, but I like Blue, Red since it has the most hills.

A photo I took of my nephew hitting on 5 Red.
5redbuckhill_zpsk2oro3xj.jpg

Though I'm now in Philadelphia, my home course is in the Poconos, PA. Buck Hill Falls. An underrated course. 27 holes, Red, White and Blue. Robert White designed the first 9 then Donald Ross expanded it in 1922 ( Something like that) It doesn't market itself at all and frankly, no one knows about it. New clubhouse, decent pro shop and some nice elevation changes on the Blue and Red. Postage stamp greens and woods make up for it's lack of length. Some of the THP'ers here would crush this course but it's a beauty. I used to snowmobile on the fairways in the winter in my 1972 Arctic Cat Puma (We were allowed to and we avoided the tees and greens) It's probably a tad overpriced if you are not a homeowner in my opinion, but I think it's still one of the nicest courses in the Poconos without a doubt. White, Blue is standard 18, but I like Blue, Red since it has the most hills.

A photo I took of my nephew hitting on 5 Red.
5redbuckhill_zpsk2oro3xj.jpg
You are quite right on Buck Hill Falls. Very underated and not marketed at all. It's been a few years since I have played it, but it a solid course.

Grand Summit Country Club. From the tips 7000 yrds, 75 and a 140 slope.

Nashville Golf and Athletic Club. 7,563 from the tips, and 76.3 rating and 138 slope. Design by Von Hagge & Devlin. I've been playing it from the reds since I'm just starting out and it's still been . . . . challenging. :angry:
13_tee_edit.700x237.jpg

This is my first year at a local private club, Kankakee Country Club. http://kankakeecountryclub.com

Although it may appear short in length, the bunkering, fast greens and tight fairways defend the course well. You definitely have to be accurate with ball striking and have a good short game. You definitely have to hit a variety of tee shots, too. From long irons, to 3 wood and driver. I'm extremely happy with my decision to join and the fact it's literally 7 minutes from my house has helped me play the most golf in a year I've ever played.

Also, we just hired a new club professional, Don Yrene. He was the Low Club Professional at the 2006 PGA @ Medinah.

The Deltona Golf Club, Zero water but lots and lots and lots of sand. Most should be out of play.:banghead: Play at least once a week here, Wednesdays and Sundays Stableford/Skins games.Maybe 5mins away depending on the traffic light. I have a lot of great courses close by for the other one to two times I play casual.

http://thedeltonaclub.com

I'm a club member at the municipal course in San Jose, California. www.sjmuni.com 6,700 yards from the tips, but pretty wide open. They have their club events on Saturdays, which works for me. Most other local clubs have their stuff on Sundays. I also play a lot at Spring Valley www.springvalleygolfcourse.com which is a mountain course. There are lots of different types of courses out here.

This is my first year at a local private club, Kankakee Country Club. http://kankakeecountryclub.com

Although it may appear short in length, the bunkering, fast greens and tight fairways defend the course well. You definitely have to be accurate with ball striking and have a good short game. You definitely have to hit a variety of tee shots, too. From long irons, to 3 wood and driver. I'm extremely happy with my decision to join and the fact it's literally 7 minutes from my house has helped me play the most golf in a year I've ever played.

Also, we just hired a new club professional, Don Yrene. He was the Low Club Professional at the 2006 PGA @ Medinah.
Used to see the power boat racing that takes place on the river just adjacent to the course . From what I saw on the other side of the river . Your course looks real nice and narrow , looks like a great track

Home course is The Glen Club in Glenview, IL just north of Chicago.

www.theglenclub.com

Fun and interesting Tom Fazio course. Par 72 with a good variety of tee boxes and greens that can play very differently depending on where the pins are. I usually play from the Blues which is around 6700 yards (72.8/135) but the tips are 7200 yards (75.4/142).
Played this one many many moons ago . A great old track and very difficult putting

Baton Rouge and I have played City Park the most so I guess it is my home course. It was built in 1926 and borders on the LSU lakes. The only real "complaint" would be the joggers....Lol!  Tim

Back