Starter Set Begone!!

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
I replaced my last starter club today when my new Driver arrived in the mail.

So now, here's what's in the bag:

Callaway XR Driver 10.5 degree loft with regular flex shaft. Set to Standard/Neutral
Cobra 4/5h set to 25 degrees
Cobra 3/4h set to 22 degrees
Cobra Fly Z 7i-9i, GW, PW
Callaway Wedge 56 degrees loft, 12 degrees bounce
Taylormade White Smoke Putter.

As I improve, I may add more irons, maybe a 3W and change the hybrid degree amounts.

So excited to practice over the winter and start next season (my first full season) with these awesome new clubs!

Glad you found a love for the game.

Very cool! Nothing like building your first bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new set! Hope you can get a few rounds in soon cause I know you're dying to get out and hit em!

Very nice! It is always fun to move on with something new(er) or even something older, just something different. If it works, it works. I hope you play well!

Awesome job putting the bag together. Some great clubs for sure!

Nice looking set up!

I remember those days. Checking on golf sites for good deals, figuring out your bag, the excitements of new gear. All warm and fuzzy feelings. Get some work in during the winter and enjoy next season.

Nice sticks. They scream "I am a serious golfer!" Enjoy hitting them.

Nice bag! Enjoy them and hit 'em well!

It is a great feeling getting you first bag the way you are proud to show off. Congrats!

congratz and good lck with them. its always cool to sport new sticks.

Looks good. Seems like kind of a big gap from a 7i to a 4h, but then again I go from 6i to 4h, so I can't really talk.

I'm surprised you didn't go with the Fly-Z driver to match the rest of those Cobras. Did you get fit to the XR, or just liked it?

I'm surprised you didn't go with the Fly-Z driver to match the rest of those Cobras. Did you get fit to the XR, or just liked it?

I hit it well at Golfsmith and got it for "free" using Airmiles that were expiring and couldn't use for travel (not tickets available for when I wanted to travel). It was no brainer.

Looks good. Seems like kind of a big gap from a 7i to a 4h...

Yeah, I hear ya. I may get a 6i down the road. Right now the gap isn't that big for me between the 7i and the 5h at 25 degree (at the range). This next season, hopefully I'll get to play a bunch and really smooth all that out. It'll be my first real full season, so I'm pretty sure I'll need some adjustments.

Congrats. Unfortunately you can't blame the clubs anymore now that you have decent ones...

Congrats on the latest purchase!

I still remember that feeling, excitement and pride of moving away from the starter set to 'real' clubs. Very cool to hear someone else's excitement. Enjoy them!

Enjoy the new clubs, and don't stress over your game out there, just have fun

I replaced my last starter club today when my new Driver arrived in the mail.

So now, here's what's in the bag:

Callaway XR Driver 10.5 degree loft with regular flex shaft. Set to Standard/Neutral
Cobra 4/5h set to 25 degrees
Cobra 3/4h set to 22 degrees
Cobra Fly Z 7i-9i, GW, PW
Callaway Wedge 56 degrees loft, 12 degrees bounce
Taylormade White Smoke Putter.

As I improve, I may add more irons, maybe a 3W and change the hybrid degree amounts.

So excited to practice over the winter and start next season (my first full season) with these awesome new clubs!

That's awesome. I recently did the same thing. My bag is mostly Cobra as well. :)

Nice. It's way cool to be out of a starter set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats, thats always a good feeling! Get to work on those new excuses, as has been said your clubs are no longer to blame!

Nice job. That set should serve you well. The XR driver is still the best I've hit this year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Congrats! I remember, not too long ago finally shedding my putter which was the last item of my starter set.

Back