2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one way to do it.
I like regular deadlifting better, but I destroy my shins. With squat stance, the scraping is much less. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I like regular deadlifting better, but I destroy my shins. With squat stance, the scraping is much less. :D

Really? How so? The shins are placed on the knurling with a squat stance deadlift but over the smooth portion for a conventional deadlift.

Really? How so? The shins are placed on the knurling with a squat stance deadlift but over the smooth portion for a conventional deadlift.
I dunno. My shins seem to have knurling magnets. :) It was probably just the bars I was using which had very little empty space.

I dunno. My shins seem to have knurling magnets. :) It was probably just the bars I was using which had very little empty space.

Tall socks. it also points at modern barbell manufacturers seem to think hatori hanso sharp knurling is a good thing.

Started working out with a buddy of mine about a month ago, after him fouling up his ankle a couple weeks ago, I've been going solo. Quite liking my progression so far. Not going quite as much as I should, but still trying to make it 3 times a week. Mostly wanting to be in decent shape so once the new year hits (and I'm past holiday parties and meals), I can really go hard on the weights and trying to drop some pounds. Does help to have a Florida vacation to serve as motivation to be better by Mid-March.

Love my 24 hour gym, but I really wish that more gyms around would have pools (endless pools might be better). I hate running because it kills my knees, would love to have somewhere to swim for my cardio.

Started working out with a buddy of mine about a month ago, after him fouling up his ankle a couple weeks ago, I've been going solo. Quite liking my progression so far. Not going quite as much as I should, but still trying to make it 3 times a week. Mostly wanting to be in decent shape so once the new year hits (and I'm past holiday parties and meals), I can really go hard on the weights and trying to drop some pounds. Does help to have a Florida vacation to serve as motivation to be better by Mid-March.

Love my 24 hour gym, but I really wish that more gyms around would have pools (endless pools might be better). I hate running because it kills my knees, would love to have somewhere to swim for my cardio.
LDC (long distance cardio) is awful. If there's a rowing machine or a prowler sled at the gym, those should be your friends.

LDC (long distance cardio) is awful. If there's a rowing machine or a prowler sled at the gym, those should be your friends.

Rowing machines are awesome.

Rowing machines are awesome.
Also the ultimate long distance cardio. We had to do 10k pieces in uni.

OK,So what makes up a good rowing workout.I do my workouts early and I look at that machine every morning but not sure how long to go or exactly what to do.

OK,So what makes up a good rowing workout.I do my workouts early and I look at that machine every morning but not sure how long to go or exactly what to do.
Light for 90 seconds. Hard for 30 seconds. Do that 6-10 times. Hate me when you're done

Light for 90 seconds. Hard for 30 seconds. Do that 6-10 times. Hate me when you're done

Great HIIT that can be performed on any cardio machine. Treadmill, bike, elliptical etc..

I have utilized HIIT about 2-3 times a week and it leaves me drenched. The other cardio days are longer 30-40 minutes brisk walk at a very high incline. I am not big on long distance running honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great HIIT that can be performed on any cardio machine. Treadmill, bike, elliptical etc..

I have utilized HIIT about 2-3 times a week and it leaves me drenched. The other cardio days are longer 30-40 minutes brisk walk at a very high incline. I am not big on long distance running honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right. HIIT can easily be done on just about anything. It's really the best way to do any cardiovascular conditioning.

Thanks, I will write to let you know how it goes.

Did a conditioning workout last night. Sled pushes and bike sprint intervals, then an aerobic circuit for 15m - kettle bell swings, jump rope, crawls, and a few other things. Gym just got a heart rate monitoring system and it's fantastic.

My fitbit charge HR during exercise mode keeps track of your average heart rate and then uses your height and weight to estimate calories burned. I am sure it isn't 100% accurate, but it is nice having a pretty good idea of how many calories I am burning in an average workout. It then syncs with MyFitnessPal which is awesome.

After the Thanksgiving weekend off it was nice getting back in the swing of things tonight. Great workout with a concentration on cardio, and exercises working stability/explosiveness. Going to sleep well tonight.

Squats and prowler tonight. Maybe some chins. I don't know, depends if I'm feeling frisky

Good workout tonight. Found a benchpress machine this evening that's a good bit easier on my wrists, can't wait to get in some more reps there.

Definitely starting to notice some gains, a little weight loss will definitely bring it out.

Good workout tonight. Found a benchpress machine this evening that's a good bit easier on my wrists, can't wait to get in some more reps there.

Definitely starting to notice some gains, a little weight loss will definitely bring it out.
Did this machine have a first name of Smith?

Got my personalized program from my trainer this morning. Looks like it should be a good month. Strength heavy, with some intervals for conditioning. One "big" lift every day (bench, squat, dead), with some supporting lifts, core, and conditioning. Lots of turkish get ups in warmup.

Looking forward to taking this seriously again, after new schedules at work threw a wrench in things for my wife and I.

Got my personalized program from my trainer this morning. Looks like it should be a good month. Strength heavy, with some intervals for conditioning. One "big" lift every day (bench, squat, dead), with some supporting lifts, core, and conditioning. Lots of turkish get ups in warmup.

Looking forward to taking this seriously again, after new schedules at work threw a wrench in things for my wife and I.
I love me some Turkish get-ups. That workout plan looks solid, sir! Get it done.

Need some thoughts... I'm sure it's probably just the horrid shoes I'm wearing, but these didn't feel good/smooth.

https://youtu.be/sXbqNXYS9Fc

I'm going to venture a guess, we're you looking in the mirror?
At my crotch in the mirror, yeah.

At my crotch in the mirror, yeah.

That's what I thought. You've got two things going on.

1) you're breaking your hips first. Then your knees. Don't. Next time, think "knees first" that should take care of that. We may need to work on something next with your knees. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.
2) don't look you're crotch in the mirror. See if you can put the bar on the otherside of the squat rack. Just to eliminate the urge. Pick a spot on the floor 5' in front of you and look at it the whole time.

Both of these moves will force a slightly more horizontal back angle at the bottom. Which will engage your hips more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back