Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a Press Release:

KENTWOOL BRINGS ITS PROPRIETARY WOOL PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGES TO GOLF UNDERWEAR CATEGORY

Makers of the “World’s Best Golf Sock” Introduce the Most Comfortable Underwear Ever For Golfers!

GREENVILLE, S.C. — Just in time for the Holiday shopping season, KENTWOOL, maker of the “World’s Best Golf Sock,” announced today that it is bringing its unparalleled Merino wool performance advantages to the men’s underwear category. KENTWOOL’s new undergarment collection features a boxer-brief and base-layer crew neck t-shirt constructed from the 17.5-micron superfine Merino wool for the ultimate in male comfort.

Boxers_Black_Back-M.png

Boxers_Black_Front-M.png

Boxers_Grey_Front-M.png

Boxers_Grey_Back-M.png

Similar to the base-layer technology used in KENTWOOL’s popular Tour performance socks, KENTWOOL boxer briefs and t-shirts work to regulate body temperature in a variety of conditions and wick moisture away from the skin, keeping wearers comfortable and dry. These attributes prevent the uncomfortable chafing and itchy skin golfers are all too familiar with after a round.

“Through our rigorous research that went into perfecting the world’s best golf sock, we accumulated a tremendous amount of knowledge about the effect of Merino wool on skin, and as a result, we understand the needs of ‘first layer’ garments better than any of our competitors,” said Dan Murphy, president at KENTWOOL. “If you’ve tried our socks, you undoubtedly have experienced a noticeable difference as soon as you put them on, and I am proud to say that the difference is just as dramatic and immediate when one wears our underwear.”

KENTWOOL Boxer Brief Features:
  • Contour front pouch
  • Stay-put, no roll waistband
  • Flatlock seams for enhanced comfort
  • Horizontal fly (for easier-access)

In addition to the proprietary wool construction, KENTWOOL’s new boxer brief and t-shirt garments provide the following comfort-enhancing performance features:
Tee_Black_Front-M.png

Tee_Black_Back-M.png

Tee_Grey_Back-M.png

Tee_Grey_Front-M.png

KENTWOOL Base Layer T-Shirt Features:
  • Short-sleeve crew neck
  • Classic fit
  • Lightweight jersey knit
  • Flatlock seam construction for enhanced comfort

In fact, KENTWOOL is so confident in the performance of its new underwear line, the company offers a lifetime “Chafe-Free Guarantee” with the purchase of every garment. KENTWOOL boxer briefs and base layer t-shirts come in black and grey color options and are available in sizes M-XXL. The KENTWOOL boxer briefs feature a retail price of $50 and the Base Layer T-Shirt is $75. Both are available for purchase now at http://shop.kentwool.com/Underwear-Tees/.

Since 2008, KENTWOOL has been manufacturing the “World’s Best Golf Sock.” Drawing on over 150 years of mastery in wool manufacturing, KENTWOOL has leveraged the attributes of the natural “smart” fiber for unmatched comfort and performance in the sock category. For more information on the KENTWOOL brand, visit http://www.kentwool.com.

Lifetime Chafe-Free Gaurantee. Now that's interesting.

Aw man, I came here to see Jman rocking some Kentwool Underwear.

If these are anything like their socks, I'm in.

Interested but price is just brutal on those items. Need a 90% off sale! :)

Yep no matter how comfortable, I cannot justify 50 bucks for a pair of boxers.

Price is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

If the Chafe Free works, these would sell like crazy at my steel mill

Yep no matter how comfortable, I cannot justify 50 bucks for a pair of boxers.

I totally get that. Although it is in line with a number of performance wool outdoor brands. Its high, but that guarantee makes it tempting.
I know the THP Writing Staff will be reviewing these, so hopefully that helps with some thoughts.

I pay $18 a pair now. If these last twice as long or are twice as comfortable, I could see picking up a couple of pairs.

These sound great! Price point not so great.

I mean unfortunately I don't wear a pair of boxers more than once so even to have a few pairs I could rotate we are talking 150 bucks, and then even so I wouldn't have them for daily use. I will stick to my Hanes. When I play golf/workout I wear compression shorts anyway

There is absolutely zero chance I could ever bring myself to spending $50 on some daggon boxers.

I dont disagree with anybody here, but think about this for a second and how we view what we purchase.
We will pay for shorts with a logo on it, X amount of dollars for the design, but the item under shorts that is closer to an important region, we go cheap. Its an interesting dynamic.

I think it says something about vanity in there somewhere, and certainly there is nothing wrong with it. Just a different perspective.

The $50 boxers aren't terrible seeming that Under Armour briefs have been $30+ for a while. It's the $75 t-shirt that caught my attention. No way it's worth that price for most. In the end, it's still a T-shirt

You read my mind. I love the socks, they are spendy but $50 for the undys.... I can buy 4 3 packs of Champion at Costco for that. $20 I would at least try them out, but much more than that and I will pass.

I dont disagree with anybody here, but think about this for a second and how we view what we purchase.
We will pay for shorts with a logo on it, X amount of dollars for the design, but the item under shorts that is closer to an important region, we go cheap. Its an interesting dynamic.

I think it says something about vanity in there somewhere, and certainly there is nothing wrong with it. Just a different perspective.

I don't think I agree with this. I wear solid compression shorts from Under Armour, they don't cause me to chafe, and I only have to pay about 20 bucks a pair for them, even less if on sale. I can get 2 of them for the same price as these briefs.

Maybe I am just not the target market.

I think these would be awesome, still haven't tried the socks. The ppt is definitely a big obstacle for most people, which I get. JB has a good point though as well.

Might get one pair and if it's life changing then get a few more. The shirt though, is tooo much for me to spend.

I don't think I agree with this. I wear solid compression shorts from Under Armour, they don't cause me to chafe, and I only have to pay about 20 bucks a pair for them, even less if on sale. I can get 2 of them for the same price as these briefs.

Maybe I am just not the target market.

I dont think anybody is wrong, but just a different thought.
Look at it like this. You could buy the ABC brand of golf shirt at Walmart or an Under Amour golf shirt somewhere else. Lets assume the price is about double (its actually more since Walmart shirts range from $9-$20). They both function the same because I know where UA's shirts are made and the materials. Why choose the one thats double the price?

I see this as no different. If the answer is someone like's the quality, thats cool too, but the same could be said for this.

Items that are unseen (see socks, underwear, etc) are often viewed as less important. To give you an example, why buy the UA brand of compression shorts, when Walmart sells a different brand for even less?

Im not posting this as a dig against anybody and certainly not telling people to go out and spend what they dont want to, but just that I believe personally that the unseen items (which might be more important) are generally less thought about than those that are seen.

I own some of the Hogan stuff, and I would be very surprised to know that the material is the same. The Under Armour shirt I am wearing right now is very stretchy and breathes a heck of a lot better than any of the Hogan stuff I own.

Regardless, I see your point.

Anybody know how these run as far as sizing. Only size chart on the site I can find is for socks. It appears the code "beemer" is good for 15% off at the moment.

Anybody know how these run as far as sizing. Only size chart on the site I can find is for socks. It appears the code "beemer" is good for 15% off at the moment.

I dont, but will in about a week.

I went with L, Erik.

I dont think anybody is wrong, but just a different thought.
Look at it like this. You could buy the ABC brand of golf shirt at Walmart or an Under Amour golf shirt somewhere else. Lets assume the price is about double (its actually more since Walmart shirts range from $9-$20). They both function the same because I know where UA's shirts are made and the materials. Why choose the one thats double the price?

I see this as no different. If the answer is someone like's the quality, thats cool too, but the same could be said for this.

Items that are unseen (see socks, underwear, etc) are often viewed as less important. To give you an example, why buy the UA brand of compression shorts, when Walmart sells a different brand for even less?

Im not posting this as a dig against anybody and certainly not telling people to go out and spend what they dont want to, but just that I believe personally that the unseen items (which might be more important) are generally less thought about than those that are seen.

Totally understand what you are saying. I'm this way with socks. I have some I like and I will pay whatever they are charging to get them. However, I take care of them and only use them for golfing. Other, cheaper socks are for everyday use, but my golf socks are golf only so they will last.

I think the stigma behind the price tag is such that if you have a rotation of 10-12-15 pairs of underwear (whatever that number is), they are worn and washed once a week or every other week for 12 months. Because of that, they typically won't last as long as a pair of golf shorts or a shirt that might only be worn and washed once a month for 6-8 months of the year. To me, that's what makes the cost seem larger than it is. Sure we pay much more for shirts and shorts, but we wear them much less, so they should last much longer to justify the price tag. If these are wonderwear and are awesome and comfortable, I could see them getting bought, but it would have to be for a specific use only to make them last. I could see someone buying 2-3 pairs as 'golf only', but when you see $40 for underwear, that is an instant turnoff since, for lack of a better work, it is a disposable clothing item.

Maybe my modest upbringing is skewing my perspective, but I wouldn't feel right paying $50 for a single pair of underwear even if I won the lottery.

I'd pay that for a chafe-free guarantee. Especially during summers down here.

Back