Left elbow pain/strain

tehuti

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I am curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so what you did about it:

My instructor is working with me to change my swing. He is an advocate of the Moe Norman philosophy, and it appears to finally be working for me after a few months of steady range work. HOWEVER, a consequence of the change is that I am putting a lot of stress on my left elbow.

It doesn’t bother me while playing, but afterward it is very painful for a day or so. I like the progress I am making so I don’t want to change what I am doing. But I also don’t want to do any serious damage to my elbow.

Any suggestions? I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re probably getting some tendinitis. Ice, stretches, massaging, & some exercises is the cure. You need to rest it, but we all know that’s the last option for us. Nobody wants to set the sticks down for several weeks.

Check out YouTube & watch some videos.

Just nurse it. I have a similar issue with my current (new) attempt at a better swing. I'm accepting the pain as muscle training, and just taking care not to over-do it.

Yeah, I just got a couple of compression sleeves that may help a bit when I play or hit the range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a Copper fit compression sleeve. I wear one every round I play and it has alleviated the little pains I get. I also take two sleeve before I play and it helps.

Back