Bridgestone Hires Dan Murphy as President and CEO

Spent the last 30 minutes (still on the phone) with Dan Murphy talking about the future. Pretty interesting stuff as they continue to clean up the brand and bring them back to relevancy. Ball technology is real.

Spent the last 30 minutes (still on the phone) with Dan Murphy talking about the future. Pretty interesting stuff as they continue to clean up the brand and bring them back to relevancy. Ball technology is real.

See they are having a Blow Out of the current Tour B Clubs.
Wonder if that means new clubs (Old Clubs in Japan) are on their way over to the US or just getting out of club business period.

Just got off as he is driving and really enjoyed his insight. Lots to cover in the future, but we will be making a trip up there next month to get more info straight from him for THPers.

Just got off as he is driving and really enjoyed his insight. Lots to cover in the future, but we will be making a trip up there next month to get more info straight from him for THPers.

I'll be very excited to follow along on this journey. I want them back in relevancy again.

wow, the pricing on the Tour B clubs is nuts. Almost half price on the Tour B CB, boy I wish I needed new clubs they are so nice looking.

Just might try the wedges at $99 for a forged wedge.

This is great to hear and I really hope Bridgestone can come back and be a big player in the market. They have made some really good equipment, lets keep our fingers crossed!

Companies like this who do much better in other market segments have the luxury of throwing money at it or shutting it down. I hope they get re-focused. The landscape for good brands is lean to what it once was.

I would like to see them get back into golf ball fitting in a big way again. They are known as "the #1 golf ball fitter", so it was disappointing to see them eliminate virtually their entire ball fitting program. Yes, they still have the app and the online fitting tool, but to me that can't take the place of the 26 teams that were on the road doing face-to-face fittings or the B-Fit online chat service where you could get specific information from an expert. I can understand that it had been close to 10 years since they started the Bridgestone Challenge, and maybe some of the novelty had worn off, but it can be re-vamped to include iron or wedge testing as well.

We will be up there in a couple of weeks (August 20th) and have some fun stuff planned including a segment coming with Dan where we can ask anything we want. I think THPers will enjoy what comes of it or at least finds it interesting from a future stand point.

It's going to be great to hear what comes from this. It's going to be really interesting seeing how they try to regain their footing after these last few years.

Stumbled across this thread this morning. It's been about a year, and I think Bstone is trending in the right direction.

Stumbled across this thread this morning. It's been about a year, and I think Bstone is trending in the right direction.

It does seem that way. I wonder what they have in store for the next Club releases. I think the ball has made a splash with Bryson/Tiger/Kuchar. Would love to see them make a splash against the bigger OeMs

Back