The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word from regional folks in the know about this? What's the word out there about Mizzou's interest?

Legit from what we have heard.

Mizzou wants to go Air Raid it looks like.

The best coaches in OU's history?

Bud? Barry? Bob?

Minnesota. Arkansas. Iowa.

Not coaches with ties. Those coaches have never panned out well. Just saying.

I don't think you exclude the guy because he was born in Tulsa. Coming from the Gary Patterson family tree, I think he'd be worth a serious look if his time at VT proves fruitful.

Obviously I hope Stoops sticks around for quite some time.

I don't think you exclude the guy because he was born in Tulsa. Coming from the Gary Patterson family tree, I think he'd be worth a serious look if his time at VT proves fruitful.

Obviously I hope Stoops sticks around for quite some time.

Eh. I'm indifferent, we will see how good he is now following up the man who literally IS Virginia Tech football.

Riley is the one in front of OU now though, the one they DO have, and there is no denying what he's done. Hearing today OU is going to offer him about 1 million a year, Mike Stoops only makes 850 IIRC. Looks like they're at least going to try. But if USCe is offered, he gone.

I will be interested to hear the local talk radio today and going forward. Riley wasn't on the radar ... so I want to see how people respond.

I will be interested to hear the local talk radio today and going forward. Riley wasn't on the radar ... so I want to see how people respond.

South Carolina talk radio will be...

"Trust Ray Tanner. He knows what he's doing!!!"

"Can't believe they didn't hire someone from the SEC, because of SEC, and such."

"We're already better than Clemson after this hire. Only 20 or so plays from being undefeated this year. Can't wait to see what Riley does with this SEC talent!"

(the last one has a little hyperbole to it, but not surprisingly much...)

Venables is probably gone from Clemson, I'd assume. I think Riley would be a bigger loss than Venables, but I'm not a huge Venables fan.
I had enough of venables and his deep cover 2.
Putting mike up in the press box has been perfect.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Appears Maryland is going to hire DJ Durkin, soon to be former DC at Michigan. I was hoping for Dan Mullen, but that negotiation fell through last week from what I've read. Pretty happy with Durkin as he's got a great pedigree and seems to be highly regarded. If Harbaugh and Meyer want you on staff, you are probably a decent coach.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he fills out his staff

The best coaches in OU's history?

Bud? Barry? Bob?

Minnesota. Arkansas. Iowa.

Not coaches with ties. Those coaches have never panned out well. Just saying.
Gary Gibbs had OU ties, that did not work out so well :D

And Blake...ugh that hurt to say

Lets not leave out the Schnellenberger. What drugs were they on to hire him?

Lets not leave out the Schnellenberger. What drugs were they on to hire him?
But he did look cool smoking his pipe haha

Ohio state has been mentioned on ESPN more in the last 3 days than the last decade.

Both good and bad. Kind of amusing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he did look cool smoking his pipe haha

6a00e54f7fc4c58833017d40ae56a6970c-pi

Love Richt as a person, but if you look at who he beat year in and year out, he won a ton of games, but really made a living beating Tech and Auburn. Tennessee has been garbage for a decade (love ya Rancey), Kentucky is always terrible, Vandy is Vandy. He was 5-10 against Florida. Carolina pre-Spurrier was awful. The year he beat Bama, Bama also lost to Louisiana-Monroe. The times he played Ole Miss and Miss State, they were bad. His '02 SEC Championship was against an Arkansas team coached by Houston Nutt. UGA should've been in the SEC title game yearly, except the time Tebow was at Florida. It was time for a change. I'm glad he's gone because he was 10-5 against Auburn :alien: (Auburn was 12-5-1 over the past 18 before Richt)

Looking forward to seeing where Richt lands. Can't believe Carolina wouldn't at least talk to him.

Hey. We have a number beside our name now. I don't remember what that means but I think it is a good thing.

See ya in Atlanta next year.

Hey. We have a number beside our name now. I don't remember what that means but I think it is a good thing.

See ya in Atlanta next year.

Maybe, maybe not :smile:

Tapatalk picked the perfect image from this thread to use as a header, IMO.

2fa3bec955cd57fa09a90e2db270b837.jpg

That's funny Josh, and I agree - perfect!

Tapatalk picked the perfect image from this thread to use as a header, IMO.

2fa3bec955cd57fa09a90e2db270b837.jpg

At first I thought maybe it was a West Virginian celebration, but then noticed it WAS an actual dumpster fire. LOL

Always thought he was top notch and a decent qb/rb recruiter... it will be interesting to see who he would surround himself with

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Richt will be a solid hire for the 'Canes. Hopefully he will make them relevant again. ACC needs more strong football programs. He won't have to travel far to recruit top talent.

Richt will be a solid hire for the 'Canes. Hopefully he will make them relevant again. ACC needs more strong football programs. He won't have to travel far to recruit top talent.

Yeah. ACC is hurting for top-tier schools...

I'm thrilled for Richt, though.

Yeah. ACC is hurting for top-tier schools...

I'm thrilled for Richt, though.

For the record, I like snarky ATLClemsonGolfer much better than depressed ATLUGAGolfer.

Super happy for Richt as well. Sounds like they have some talent coming back next year, too. Still surprised he's not coaching UGA in the bowl game, but I guess it makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back