WITB - What’s In The Blender?

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
I love smoothies. They make up about 1/3rd of my diet (I will leave out out the percent beer represents). So I thought I’d start a thread of smoothie recipes. I try to use organic fruits and veggies and keep a large amount of frozen items on hand to keep a variety of options. I never add ice to a smoothie and try to get a healthy mix of carbs, protein, and healthy fats.

So to kick it off here is today’s smoothie. This is one I make often and mix in different greens and fruits to add variety.

e3a262508cc79bb85b5d3bd02a924f11.jpg

Fresh items: Coconut water, goats milk kefir, half banana, half apple, chunk of ginger root, 1/2 lime, 3 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds

Frozen items: pineapple chunks, Trader Joe’s coconut chunks, 1/4 avocado, ~10 frozen green beans, frozen kale

Processed: (I always blend this in at a low speed after the smoothie is made) collagen peptides.

The taste is like a green, citrusy pina colada with a hint of earthiness.

It comes out nice and bright green:
1b37562a52721b13797b9d20db297010.jpg

So, if you’re into smoothies then please share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost me at anything coconut hahahaha

I actually am getting back into this in the mornings, use a really good protein to help serve as a meal replacement and typically stick with almond milk, ice, PB2, fresh raspberries, and some Greek yogurt.

Need a new blender actually, using a one serve ninja isn't cutting it anymore. Hahahah

I will have a Howie Longshanks please

I actually am getting back into this in the mornings, use a really good protein to help serve as a meal replacement and typically stick with almond milk, ice, PB2, fresh raspberries, and some Greek yogurt.

Need a new blender actually, using a one serve ninja isn't cutting it anymore. Hahahah

Sounds good! I've never used the PB2 but may need to add that to my rotation.

Wife and I have a Vitamix 6300 and it’s great.

Where's the beef? :act-up:

"Healthy" eating is something I could never get into. Don't eat total trash very often but I do love my meat and potatoes.

My two favorite blender creations are:

Whole milk, Carb Smart "no sugar added" ice cream, and peanut butter

and

Whole milk, Carb Smart "no sugar added" ice cream, peaches, and papayas

It's 100% acceptable to substitute half and half for the whole milk if desired and I even added some full cream scooped right off the top of m fresh cow's milk in the last one! Yum yum!

"Healthy" eating is something I could never get into. Don't eat total trash very often but I do love my meat and potatoes.

Ain't nothin' wrong with beef! Go easy on the potatoes, though, unless you friend them in some olive oil.

I bet you'd drink a smoothie made with 750,000 scoval hot sauce :)

I found this in Dr. Mark Hyman's 10 Day Detox Diet and still make it.

1/2 c frozen whole cranberries
1/2 c frozen whole blueberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp raw hemp hearts
2 Brazil nuts
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 avocado
1/4 organic lemon, washed (include peel)
1 tsbp coconut oil
1 tbsp almond butter
almond milk as desired

I too will add collagen peptides after mixing.

1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp raw hemp hearts
2 Brazil nuts
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 avocado
1 tsbp coconut oil
1 tbsp almond butter
almond milk as desired

I don't see any type of rum in that recipe...

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I don't see any type of rum in that recipe...

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

TBH, the rum works better as a chaser. Rum would be wasted in that concoction.

1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp raw hemp hearts
2 Brazil nuts
1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 avocado
1 tsbp coconut oil
1 tbsp almond butter
almond milk as desired

Sounds great! I will definitely try this. Thanks!

Back on meal replacements and here’s the first tube for the week
98d88d6fe9d939666c276ae879c69b18.png

Me too, good thing those aren't really unhealthy. Hahaha

Blendtec. I currently have 4340 uses on this and it's absolutely fantastic. I started drinking smoothies for breakfast and (often for lunch) about 13 years ago and the wife started about 4 years ago. https://www.blendtec.com

Fun thread. We have a Vitamix that GG uses (had it for about 6 years now) and when I return from my trip, I am going to make some seafood bisque that I love and uses that for the whole thing.

I love smoothies. They make up about 1/3rd of my diet (I will leave out out the percent beer represents). So I thought I’d start a thread of smoothie recipes. I try to use organic fruits and veggies and keep a large amount of frozen items on hand to keep a variety of options. I never add ice to a smoothie and try to get a healthy mix of carbs, protein, and healthy fats.

So to kick it off here is today’s smoothie. This is one I make often and mix in different greens and fruits to add variety.

e3a262508cc79bb85b5d3bd02a924f11.jpg

Fresh items: Coconut water, goats milk kefir, half banana, half apple, chunk of ginger root, 1/2 lime, 3 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds

Frozen items: pineapple chunks, Trader Joe’s coconut chunks, 1/4 avocado, ~10 frozen green beans, frozen kale

Processed: (I always blend this in at a low speed after the smoothie is made) collagen peptides.

The taste is like a green, citrusy pina colada with a hint of earthiness.

It comes out nice and bright green:
1b37562a52721b13797b9d20db297010.jpg

So, if you’re into smoothies then please share!

It looks like that before you eat it? Your gonna blow mud like a

baboon[1].jpg

Fun thread. We have a Vitamix that GG uses (had it for about 6 years now) and when I return from my trip, I am going to make some seafood bisque that I love and uses that for the whole thing.

Please share that recipe.

It looks like that before you eat it? Your gonna blow mud like a

View attachment 33592

Nah. I’ve gone more than a week straight on nothing but smoothies with zero issues. You can also blend in psyllium husk at low speed if you need the fiber.

The wife and I use a big Ninja blender when we make our smoothies.
One recipe I have been using lately is...

2 apples (cored)
2 carrots
Kale
Blueberries
rasberries
1 lemon (no rind)
Ice
Some unsweetened green tea to cut some sweetness out.

Back