Looking for shaft recommendations

Atom bomb

Reaction score
Handicap
So I went through a CC long game fitting last week. The fitting was wonderful but as most people find the costs to build said clubs were much more than I can spend at this point in time. I am looking to piece things together and with ebay, pro shop credits, and the such I figured I would start with accessing the heads and move from there.

My Driver fitting put me in a M3 440 head with a fujikura pro 2.0 tour spec 6 in x flex D9 swing weight. I was looking at TMs websites and am wondering if there is a stock shaft similar to the fujikura. From what I can tell I think close matches would be the Atmos red 6, the kurokage DC Tini60, or the Rogue Max 65. What are others people thoughts. I figured I would buy a stock one and game it until I had the extra funds then hit them side by side to see if there really is a 250 dollar benefit.

My 3 wood fitting put me in an exotic cbx with a veylix rome 888. I like my 3 wood now but wow this head and shaft produced another 10-15 yards of carry and my 4 shots had a left to right dispersion of only 6 feet. 3 of the 4 were all within 1 yard of each other. I will probably save my pennies and buy this combo at some point.

I currently play a 913hd hybrid. My fitting put me in a 818h2 with the veylix rome 988 x flex. Again the dispersion with this shaft was unbelievable. I was able to find a shaft a reasonable price and will be putting it into my current 813 until I come across a used h2.

Overall I really enjoyed my fitting and learned a lot. It was especially nice to have a variety of x flex shafts. I currently play all stiff shafts which I knew were not correct but noone in my old home area ever had x flex shafts to try and I was never willing to gamble purchasing unless I could hit them.

I also found the putt lab software to be spot on to what my preference are. I have SC newport 2 which I have played for years. I keep going back to trying wide blades because they felt so good. I was not surprised when a wide blade/mallet was the putter suggestion. I played with a couple different putters and loved the way the TM spider rolled the ball. I would of never pulled that putter due to its look but the results speak for themselves.

When I am ready for my next set of irons I will be looking at CC to do the fitting.

You can go buy that exact shaft online and hand that to your club builder. I guess what we'd need to know is what is the price range you want for a shaft that will get you close to what CC fit your into.

Back