2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Just read over the original post again, as I couldn't believe how much is include in this event for the price. I know where I'll be tomorrow come signup time!!

For those that are pondering this one, here's a question for you...

With all of these clubs at your disposal, what would you look for in one of these drivers that your current gamer DOES NOT give you? Distance? Ability to move the ball off the tee? Straight drives vs a massive cut? Higher Launch? Lower Launch?

For me, it would be it would be a bit higher launch with a bit less movement off the tee. I have accepted the fact that my tee ball will always go left to right, Im good with that as long as it is consistent. However, what I would like is a bit more launch to get the ball up in the air easier. Would be interesting to pair these vs my current gamer to see which would work best for me and if a higher launch is actually something that would translate to better numbers off the tee or not.

I would like some added distance if possible and tighter dispersion.

Yep.

I have this firmly on my radar tomorrow.

You never know until you try to get in!

Exactly dude.

I am glad you are looking at this one.

Higher launch is always something I am looking for. Something that brings some consistency would be awesome. I can go left or right on any given swing. Of course that's a swing problem, but I do think it could be mitigated somewhat.

For me it's more about finding the optimal driver in real world conditions. The fact that every driver available will be available for range time and live course experience will be had at this event and I think that's priceless really. Beats any indoor fitting hands-down in my opinion. And the fact that will be able to share that with other people to help them with real world conditions as well is fantastic.

And by knowing my numbers from my current driver, if that's the best then that's the best, so be it! but like Callaway once said #LeaveNoYardBehind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember one thing everybody. The testing that will take place on the range is about putting out real world information based on drivers in similar setups. You will have time to tinker with each club on the course, and additionally during other range time, however that 3 hour block on Friday, will be all about gathering data.

I am excited to hit all of them just for the data. I want to try it all! I just want to see what each has including height, projection, feel and sound.

F5 F5 F5 F5

While this is an fantastic event I think I need to keep the powder dry, especially if there is as much future awesomeness as is being hinted at.

While this is an fantastic event I think I need to keep the powder dry, especially if there is as much future awesomeness as is being hinted at.

When all is said and done, this will end up being one of the best events THP hosts in all of 2016.
The resort alone (which we have tried to host at for 7 years) brings so much awesomeness.
Then add that when the dust settles, and this one is wrapped up, there may in fact be a few surprises that make this even better.

Posted this in the other thread, but wanted to put it here too..

Here's another question for people thinking about signing up...

More than likely you have been to a local Demo Day, or to a box store to hit multiple clubs in a row, or maybe have been to the THP Demo Day. With that in mind, often times I see people say they need to "digest" or "collect their thoughts" on the results they saw. With Club Clash, it's been posted many times that it's LIVE and to the masses of THP and Social Media as we hit the range and hit the course. Instand feedback in the results you see and the data off the FlightScope.

So, with that said, how will you process it all and send that information out to the world?

For me, I've always been an instant feedback type of person. Hit, process, digest, repeat. Having had a "small" taste of this at the driver testing in Florida last spring, I had a blast with it, and took the course with a different mindset. Every club I hit off the tee or on the range, I thought about what I was hoping to see out of it based on the driver properties. Then, tee it up, let it fly and watch the result. If the result was good, I would compare it to what I was expecting. If it was not what I was looking for, I analysed why? Was it the swing? Was it the properties of the club that jut didnt jive with me? Or something else. Mash all that up together and post it up to the forum, social media, etc.

Thoughts?

When all is said and done, this will end up being one of the best events THP hosts in all of 2016.
The resort alone (which we have tried to host at for 7 years) brings so much awesomeness.
Then add that when the dust settles, and this one is wrapped up, there may in fact be a few surprises that make this even better.

Thank you for reassuring me that sitting this out would be a good decision. :/

Good question Ryan.

As mentioned in earlier. As my swing speed as slowed over time. I've struggled getting optimum launch and height on my tee shots.

So I will use that as one of the primary criteria for basing how a club performed for me.

That said I know we are evaluating the entire club from forgiveness to appearance to sound, you name it.

So I will be quick to give my feedback on all the appropriate channels while the info is fresh in my head.

Maybe I'll have time to grab a quick photo of my flight scope numbers to share immediately.

Or JB may already have ideas on how that data will be shared.

Right now I just want to know is it 2 O'clock yet ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So as much anticipation as there is for 2:00.

The wait for 700 tonight will be even tougher.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Gonna be a fun event and hope everyone is in shape to make all those cuts with the big stick.

Have my email all ready to go. Beyond excited for this .

Dont forget everybody, ALL of the info in the signup post will be needed in your email. If you leave something out, it will not be counted. So make sure and double and triple check.

Good luck to all those signing up today! This is going to be an amazing event and so much fun to follow!

Good luck to all. Looks like a pretty good time. Hopefully someone will have a swing similar to mine and I will live vicariously through them.

Day 1 signup is officially open.

20 more minutes to signup.

Good luck to everyone that signed up today

Could not get an entry in today, but will find a way tomorrow. Never know some wild old man info could help the curve, Vman is entered but he is too straight and reliable, all his numbers will look good:alien:

Back