Voice Caddie SC 200 Review

Kyle76

Reaction score
Handicap
Northward
I ordered this unit last week after Amazon reduced the price significantly and apparently temporarily. I received it on Friday and immediately entered my club lofts (very important for accurate readings) into the device. I took it to the range that afternoon, set it behind my hitting position and started hitting balls. I thought I would hate the audio readout of each hit, but I found that I actually like it. Every hit was recorded and even a few practice swings until I learned to move away when making a practice swing. I found the accuracy to be very good. I checked a number of readings by using my rangefinder to measure a close pin on the range. If the readings were off, it wasn't by much and was certainly accurate enough for my game. Unlike another review I read here, I did not find that accuracy was compromised on off-center hits. The loss in yardage seemed about right to me. I have used a Trackman several times, and other than not having a reading for ball spin on the SC 200, this device at about 1/10th the price of a Trackman, gives pretty darned close information on your shots. It provides very accurate feedback on your shots, including clubs speed, ball speed and smash factor. What would be nice would be the iPad integration that you get with the Trackman that lets you look down a list of shots and easily compare numbers. If you even think you might want a portable launch monitor, and have $250 in your budget, I can highly recommend this unit.

good stuff, glad it worked well for you, and glad we found the deal.

Great thoughts there. Did you notice any deterioration with wedge shots? I've began toying with the approach function on there with the SW and some of the readings were....off....last range session.

Great thoughts there. Did you notice any deterioration with wedge shots? I've began toying with the approach function on there with the SW and some of the readings were....off....last range session.

I did not. I had the unit about 4 feet behind my ball and it seemed to record fine. I had read that wedge shots were off for some people, and I didn't measure them against my rangefinder, but based on what I could see, the accuracy and recording seemed fine.

Did you pay $250 for your unit? I’ve been super interested in one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I noticed a difference in readings on my SC200 the other day, but noticed that the batteries were pretty low. I replaced them and accuracy returned.

Thanks for clarifying! I'm tempted but I've been looking closely at the Flightscope Mevo

What is the comparison between that and the SC 200?

There are additional measurements you get from the Mevo. Mevo is also $500 and may still need stickers for accurate spin numbers. From what I've seen the updates have continued to bring improvements to it and there have been a decent amount of favorable reviews to more expensive options. Just remember at $500 its likely not to be as extremely accurate as something much much more expensive but the unit does seem to be comparing very favorably in its most recent update. Like anything though, YMMV

Here's a link to the Mevo website: https://flightscopemevo.com

Something I dont see mentioned that is overlooked with it, is being able to take recorded video of your swing with the numbers. You can edit the video and send it to an instructor if you work with one.

The SC200 continues to work very well for me. I've had mine about a year and use it often.

I noticed a difference in readings on my SC200 the other day, but noticed that the batteries were pretty low. I replaced them and accuracy returned.

Price I found was around for like two days on Amazon for 225 or so shipped, like the name by the way

Thanks for the info!

Back