Might this be the reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Jason Day is ranked 1st and Dustin Johnson is 23rd in strokes gained putting. The perception of his putting deficiencies is entirely subjective.

Judging by the shot by shot on Jason Day's rounds, out of all of the bogeys he had, only 2 of them were 3 putts. Everything else was a 2 putt or less. His issues seem to have been getting it on the green.

DJ's putting problems were virtually the yips. He left everything short all weekend because he was scared to put it past the hole and run off the green.

Jason Day is ranked 1st and Dustin Johnson is 23rd in strokes gained putting. The perception of his putting deficiencies is entirely subjective.

Call it what you want, but 38 putts in a round is not subjective.

A half of degree of loft was not the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

where did he rank relative to the field on saturday? sunday? i don’t know, but i would be surprised if it was very high.

maybe i just have short term memory, but it seems like his big moment meltdowns are with putter more than any other aspect of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where did he rank relative to the field on saturday? sunday? i don’t know, but i would be surprised if it was very high.

maybe i just have short term memory, but it seems like his big moment meltdowns are with putter more than any other aspect of his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3 in round 1. T5 in round 2. T64 in round 3. T63rd round 4.

Okay guys, lets either keep it civil or ignore each other please.

Okay guys, lets either keep it civil or ignore each other please.

If there were only a way to put a fence up to keep the unwanted riff raff out. :clown:

I said ENOUGH!
That doesnt mean you have to get one more dig in.
That means either return it to the topic, or move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back