The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how much truth to it, but thank you Red Sox, report says Price was close to signing with the Cards

O's acquire Trumbo from the Mariners, guessing that means they are not confident on Chris Davis resigning

I am not going to lie.. The Cards dodged a bullet with Price IMO. Reading USA Today when Price teed off yesterday for a golf tournament he thought he was going to be a Cardinal.

I think this highly ups the chances for Heyward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O's acquire Trumbo from the Mariners, guessing that means they are not confident on Chris Davis resigning

He may end up in STL. From what I have seen here the o's pretty much have known he isn't returning

The Official 2015 MLB Thread

He may end up in STL. From what I have seen here the o's pretty much have known he isn't returning

I hope he isn't their first option I will say that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the O's gave up but I still like this deal for the M's.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Heyward which may dictate what they do with davis. I don't think you can have both on the team

Nope I agree 100% Heyward should be the priority IMO. What we saw from Piscotty last year is he can hit at the ML level, and he can play first base. Having Matt Adams on the bench to spell him at first and allow him to play OF to give Holliday a break every once in awhile.

Even if they get one of those two, they still need a utility guy to fill in to give guys like Carpenter, Wong, and Perralta days off. Hoping for Zobrist, but realizing he is coveted by about half of the MLB

Nope I agree 100% Heyward should be the priority IMO. What we saw from Piscotty last year is he can hit at the ML level, and he can play first base. Having Matt Adams on the bench to spell him at first and allow him to play OF to give Holliday a break every once in awhile.

Even if they get one of those two, they still need a utility guy to fill in to give guys like Carpenter, Wong, and Perralta days off. Hoping for Zobrist, but realizing he is coveted by about half of the MLB

Agree with your thoughts on the bench setup for the cards. Zobrist signing will be fun to watch and see where he goes and for how much.

Agree with your thoughts on the bench setup for the cards. Zobrist signing will be fun to watch and see where he goes and for how much.

Yep based on production drop offs for those 3, it was clear they played way too much down the stretch, and that hurt them a lot

Just read the tribe signed Joba Chamberlain to a minor league deal. Cant believe he is only 30 seems like he has been around forever.

oh and they made an offer to trade Carrasco, but no soup

Buster Olney
@Buster_ESPN

CLE/SF talked about possible Carlos Carrasco deal, with CLE asking about Brandon Belt and Joe Panik. Those discussions then faded.

Just read the tribe signed Joba Chamberlain to a minor league deal. Cant believe he is only 30 seems like he has been around forever.

Buster Olney
@Buster_ESPN

CLE/SF talked about possible Carlos Carrasco deal, with CLE asking about Brandon Belt and Joe Panik. Those discussions then faded.

Interesting. That seems light for the Indians side IMO.. but I am not super high on Belt. Weird because I am a big UT baseball fan.

Interesting. That seems light for the Indians side IMO.. but I am not super high on Belt. Weird because I am a big UT baseball fan.

The few articles seemed to think they were asking for too much lol, but that is sheds light on just how valuable guys like Carrasco are ($22M over 4 years I think) compared to the $30M/year we are seeing now

Buster Olney
@Buster_ESPN

Saw that about joba. Came up when he was young so it does seem like he's been around forever. Unless he can stay healthy doubt he does anything with the tribe and maybe gets the call for another injured rp.

The few articles seemed to think they were asking for too much lol, but that is sheds light on just how valuable guys like Carrasco are ($22M over 4 years I think) compared to the $30M/year we are seeing now
Dodger's fan here queu'ing the Puig for Carrasco dream...

I sure hope not, while he is good and the indians are in trouble in the OF this year til Brantley gets back I dont think its the "pop" they desperately need

Cubs signing lackey to a 2 year deal

Fits in with their current culture and reunites him with some familiar faces. I think $16 mil is a little over pay for him.

Greinke going to the Diamondbacks, 6 year deal. That is a shocker...can't wait to see the numbers on this contract.

Greinke going to the Diamondbacks, 6 year deal. That is a shocker...can't wait to see the numbers on this contract.

Me neither. Its going to be high.

Its 6 years 195 per bob nightengale

WOW! Never saw that one coming! Thought it was a 2 team race for his services.

Given his age (32) and an already balky elbow I did not expect him to return to the Dodgers. This is another crazy contract - big years for a guy that has almost zero probability of playing to its value and/or staying healthy for the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back