Your shot of the YEAR, 2015 edition

25 foot par putt on 17 to close out a match that was (until then) spiraling out of control. It really helped me turn a corner in the confidence department over the rest of the season.

These are some exciting shots here, congratulations to all!

2nd shot on a par 5 at Lake Valley CC. 215yrd 4 iron to 6in. Tap in Eagle for the $400 skin.

A match play event against a better player. I had him dormie at 16. He made an incredible long putt for birdie to steal 18 and tie the match. HUGE momentum swing. I stepped to the tee on the extra hole and hit 3w right down the middle. It was a simple shot but I was proud of myself for staying with my game, staying mentally tough and hitting a shot when it mattered. It switched the pressure back to him and I won the hole/match.

Playing 18 at PB Dye in MD with t2grn18 and sonofodin I put a 7i from 150 to tap in

It's a tie between two hole out Eagles on consecutive days in Indy in August, both with DarrenK and Jskittle.

First one was from 155, over a tree, uphill, couldn't see the green, but I knew I hit a good shot. Ran up the hill to see the green, but couldn't see my ball anywhere on it. When I walked up to the green, people behind the green started clapping, so I knew it was in the hole.

Next day, I hit a 52* from 125 yards and actually got to watch that one go in the hole. One bounce and trickled into the hole. DarrenK let loose of a profanity laced tirade from across the fairway in disbelief I had done that on consecutive days.

I added a chip in Eagle on my home course a month ago on a 360 yard par 4. Had never holed out for eagle before in my life and managed to do it three times this year, and on consecutive days.

I've played 4 rounds with DK in Indy and have had 3 Eagles. He's like my adorable little good luck charm.

113 out playing at Drumheller with a few THPers and holed out for an eagle.

Welcome to golf! Tee shot on a par 3? Approach shot on a par 4?

If it were anything liked my year, it might be my fourth putt after reaching the green!

Lots of good shots this year.
But the best was my second shot on a 550 yd par 5. Hole was playing downwind. 250 yd 3w to 10ft. Missed the eagle, by 1". Won skins, gross and net, that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough to pick out which one, but two stand out to me: I had a 99 yard hole out with a sand wedge back in April at Fort Jackson's Old Hickory course, and a 223 yard approach shot with a hybrid to about 12 feet on a par 5 that led to a two putt birdie at Sewailo. I think I'm going to go with the hybrid, just because I liked it better.

[QUOTE[/QUOTE]I posted this before .. I had one ace this year . And one 3 inches to the right of the cup a few weeks prior

Still have the ball (a beat up Callaway) ; but the video will be one I will always remember for eternity or until my son accidentally deletes while searching for Lego videos

and drive to get the ball

I posted this before .. I had one ace this year . And one 3 inches to the right of the cup a few weeks prior

Still have the ball (a beat up Callaway) ; but the video will be one I will always remember for eternity or until my son accidentally deletes while searching for Lego videos

and drive to get the ball

You mean this ball, that you put in the 75 cent jar?

i send these to my online pro for review .. I usually pick this hole during the round since the camera won't get blown over by the fall wind . I film mid round

Drive to see ball in the hole

this will. Be my last hole this year. The swing change has just mentally exhausted me, so I finished the last week the club will be open on a good note. Left after this hole (number 15 3 over ) .. Showed the pro and put my hole in one ball in the 75 cent ball bin for someone else to use

I guess my best shot should be when I holed out from maybe 80 yards, but that was pure luck.
The scenario with the shot that gave me the best feeling of the year was like this:

The hole was a long par 4 with a quite drastic dogleg left with the path after the dogleg being very uphill onto a green at the top. You really want to land in the middle or a bit right on the fw with the drive where you will have in my case a good 6-7 iron to get on the green. This time I flunked the drive almost going into the woods at the left of the fairway making the second shot very hard, needing a big draw/almost hook to get it on the green.
I actually am very bad at working the ball and mostly try to hit it straight, but for this second shot i thought about the theory about how I would need to make a big draw and then went for it with my 6 iron. I played a perfect shot with a big draw and landed maybe 3-4 yards from the pin. I still missed the birdie putt, but the feeling of the second shot was great!

Par 5 tee shot in a scramble. Our A player was crushing drives all day, but on this hole I just nailed a perfect shot. We both walked out to our balls him about 15 yards further up the fairway from me, looked down, and realized we each walked to the wrong ball. That shot just landed dead center, perfect location for a second shot to put us in eagle territory.

Albatross WPBCC January 1st, 232y 5w into 5+ mph breeze...
Drive was right FW, behind a FW bunker. The shot almost called for a 3w, however if I nutted my 5w perfect it could just get there with the right trajectory.
Ping G25 / 5w / 42.5 / D3 Fujikura VC 8.2 X Flex (awesome combo). Bam!...dead center...I hit a mid/high baby draw that penetrated, flew the bunker, hit the green then rolled 20ft to the hole.
New Years Eve I wrote a 2015 want list. One point was to consistently shoot under 75 often, well I did this day, Jan 1 (74)... with a eagle Par 5, then later a double eagle (albatross), and dropped my hcp a solid 1+ stroke for the year, perhaps I aim for another stroke lower for 2016.
Here is a pic of the hole/green, where you can see the divot is big and shows the height I got the ball to fly n hold the green, perfectly landed just before the down hill slope of the green then roll down to the pin. I think this adds to the shot as I prob swing a 5w at 95mph, and into a 5mph breeze 232y is 'cranking it' full force with a high draw shot. I did wait for a firmer breeze to go through, knowing it would knock me down, it was not all through...most of it was.
It was not a lucky shot... it was a feeling I got at the cart pulling up...that I could make it, from there I did all the math to make it happen, and knew it had to be a perfect strike...my goal was to eagle/birdie the hole, after a +1 front 9. I was in the Zone. Perhaps the only luck was the ball rolling from the divot to the hole. I think the new Adidas Tour 360 ATV/M1 shoes allowed me a stable platform too...(just bought me a new pair as I write this;)
045_zpsrbgugywn.jpg

038_zpsuuxdd1wc.jpg

Last edited:
I'll tell you next Thursday on my way home from. The greatest amateur golf event ever.

I'll tell you next Thursday on my way home from. The greatest amateur golf event ever.

That's the kind of confidence the Captain of #TeamRedemption has and we love it!

The par 4, 314 yard 7th hole at Pinecrest Golf Club in Holliston, MA is the #1 handicap. I hit 4 iron off the tee, but pushed the shot left (red line). My shot of the year was my second shot; I was lying behind a huge pine tree with ~125 yards to the green. I set up with the ball further back in my stance because I had to get up and over the tree, and hit a 9 iron (green line) that landed on the left side of the green, and got out with par.

a9f09c43a03342bcd8bb41a079d7985f.jpg

0fed64289fe4f746ecd8933b64c4d56e.jpg

I took this back out of the 75 cent bin a day later at the country club.Still on top , most if not all the members don't play beat up old gold balls like I do anyway :(. I usually play golf balls I find or ones I buy at the flea market

My younger brother is buying me a hole in one holder for Christmas I was told. Embarrassed how beat up the ball is , maybe I should replace with a new one ?

Im one of those guys that use things until the very very very end of its life span

Last edited:
Was trying to think of anything that really stood out as Wow that was a really good shot but cant think of anything. This is probably the best one I could think of. 128 yard par 3 2 tier green surrounded by bunkers. I block an 8 iron over the right green side bunker across the cart path. Have a 20 yard shot over the bunker and down the top tier to a front right pin. I hit my 62 deg flop shot right over the bunker at top of the tier and it trickles down to 3 inches for a tap in par.

I have two shots that really stick out and I can't decide which I was more stoked about.

First while at Pinehurst playing #2 I hit the flagstick on the par 3 15th. It was playing 184 and I hit 6 iron. Funny thing about this one is I was in the first group off that morning so me and this other guy were paired with a woman and her child...the guy I was playing with wanted to break away from them at the turn so I let him make that call and I just went along. We ended up having a marshall out there watching and he goes crazy and lets me know that I should be a pro now because that was the most missed green during the US Open. I looked at him and said "Well I am 1 for 1 and that's good by me" Our caddie also went crazy and was sure to let me know if it had dropped that he isn't a cheap bar tab...I was like I would gladly pay whatever that tab is to say I hit a hole in one at Pinehurst. Unfortunately for me when it hit the flagstick it kicked it back about 10 feet or so and I missed the putt and made a par lol.

The second shot that sticks out is another from my Pinehurst trip but this time on the Par 3 5th hole from 110 yards, I hit my 54 degree wedge to about a foot. I will upload a pic here shortly :) I at least was able to make birdie on this one!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449068325.924691.jpg

Had a real nice chip in at the Bridgestone Championship playing the Lake Buena Vista course. If Panda wasn't right next to me, wouldn't believed it went in. I thought i hit that one terrible.

I've had a good number of high quality shots this year, but I think my favourite memory of a great shot came a couple weeks ago.

Playing with friends turned brothers, I got on the Devil's Delight (El Campeon, Mission Inn, FL) in two shots -- A pretty big accomplishment for me, and while I didn't make the long eagle putt, I managed to get down in two putts for birdie which was really cool.

Here's the location of my second shot, which ended up on the right portion of the green. Can't remember how far I had, but I think it was in the realm of 255.

20151108_114935.jpg

Back