Starter Set Begone!!

Congratulations on the new bag. Have fun. When I was fitted for my driver I hit the XR and hit it pretty well. Would have opted for it but the fitter grabbed the Alpha and I hit that even better.

I replaced my last starter club today when my new Driver arrived in the mail.

So now, here's what's in the bag:

Callaway XR Driver 10.5 degree loft with regular flex shaft. Set to Standard/Neutral
Cobra 4/5h set to 25 degrees
Cobra 3/4h set to 22 degrees
Cobra Fly Z 7i-9i, GW, PW
Callaway Wedge 56 degrees loft, 12 degrees bounce
Taylormade White Smoke Putter.

As I improve, I may add more irons, maybe a 3W and change the hybrid degree amounts.

So excited to practice over the winter and start next season (my first full season) with these awesome new clubs!

Very nice set. I have the Bio Cells - previous year models and love 'em. I probably won't replace them for several years. I know you just dropped a bundle, but may I make one suggestion - go to the Cobra Web site and order a Fly-Z 6 iron. I find I use that quite frequently on par 3 holes and for second shots on par 5s when I'm struggling in a round. It's also a good club for out of the taller rough on par 5s because it can cut through the grass.

And ditch the idea of a 3W. Get a 5W instead. I have a 3W and only use it off the tee in special situations. I get more use out of a 5W because it's a lot easier to hit.

Congrats on the new sticks, looks like a really solid set. I've played a Bio Cell driver and Amp Cell irons before and it seems like they're making really solid clubs these days.

Like mentioned above I would suggest a 6i, it's a club you could work on at the range and you can use it in a lot of different situations. I much prefer a lower lofted iron if I have to punch out of the deeper rough over a hybrid and it covers a big yardage gap in your set. Maybe even a Fly Z XL 6i to get started.

Congrats also on getting into this complicated, frustrating game. Enjoy it and don't take it too seriously while your starting your journey.

Back