comparison of PX 6.0 vs DG S300

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I am eyeballing a long iron on the bay. current gamer 4i is a miz mp59 with DGS300 that I just don't seem to load up enough and ball flight is quite low. looking at a miz mp18 fli-hi with a PX 6.0 shaft. I had tried the fli-hi in a big box store with a KBS tour shaft and he shaft made it totally unplayable for me.

I am curious what i should expect from a PX 6.0 coming from a DG S300. Higher flight? lighter? thanks in advance for the help. I would normally go get fitted for something like this, but the club I'm watching is attractively priced so I am considering going for it on a whim.

I have gamed both and currently have the PX6.0 in my irons. The ball flight is definitely higher with the PX but the feel was rather harsh for me until I added sensicore inserts. The PX were also heavier to me but that was something I was looking for

PX 6.0 is stiffer than S300 (6.5 FCM versus 5.8 FCM respectively). The PX 6.0 is stiffer than a KBS Tour stiff (120 grams) as well (6.5 versus 6.0).

In general the PX is lower launching/lower spinning, but it is 10 grams lighter than S300's (PX 6.0 120 grams/S300 130 grams). The fact that it is lighter could help with club head speed and work better for you.

Project X produced just a very similar launch and spin, for me, and appears to be a few G lighter than DG S300. I really didn't care for the feel of the PX shaft vs the DG S300 but, as PhillyV mentioned, sensicore inserts can help a ton there. The PXi was really fun if those are an option.

thanks for the replies folks. With the PX stiffer than the DG S300, that isn't encouraging. Lighter weight may give me more ball speed and be an even trade. Sounds like I shouldn't expect a dramatically different ball flight, as they are comparable if slightly varied. As long as the club doesn't go too high in price, I'll probably take a flier on it.

Thanks also for the sensicore suggestion - easy to add when re-gripping if the vibration is the only thing that I don't like.

Back