Anyone been fit for irons at Club Champion?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently did a driver fitting at CC and purchased a club through them. I would use them again for that purpose. It was a good experience.

That said, I am curious about irons, specifically two aspects;

1)CC in the metal woods CC can create very exotic shaft/head combos to get the result. When it comes to irons, I feel like there isn't anywhere near the variety in iron shafts and most roads lead to a PX or DG shaft. for anyone that has gone through the process, what was the iron shaft selection process like? Did you hit different shafts and heads up and down the bag? I am curious did you gap every iron, and pick the right shaft/head for that specific spot in the bag? or base the set off of a 7i.

2) hitting off of mats - the launch monitor tells you a ton, but at CC price points I want to consider turf interaction as well. has anyone been pleased/displeased with their indoor fit and it translating to real grass?

Thanks for your thoughts.

We tried a number of shafts, both fiberglass and steel, at my fitting. The ones we settled on for the irons were Nippons. I did not hit every iron. Gaps were set off of the 6-iron of the new head, Callaway Apex. I don't mind hitting off of mats. They are certainly more forgiving than turf, but I think the distances for good shots are fairly accurate. As for spin rates, etc., I couldn't tell you.

First Club Champion Guarantees their equipment. If you get fitted there and they build the clubs and you get to the course and not see the same performance, they will fix it until you are pleased - even if that means putting you in a different set.

Irons - they fit the shaft first then the head. I was put into a Modus 120 X-Flex.

thanks for the feedback guys. My big hesitation will probably be on the price. I bought my driver from them and it was steep. I cringe at what a full bag of irons is in comparison. I will also likely keep a set of irons well longer than a driver, so how good a fit they are with me is even more important.

thanks for the feedback guys. My big hesitation will probably be on the price. I bought my driver from them and it was steep. I cringe at what a full bag of irons is in comparison. I will also likely keep a set of irons well longer than a driver, so how good a fit they are with me is even more important.
I got the specs and pieced everything together and had a guy build everything for me. Saved me a lot as CC is full retail on everything.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I went to Club Champion for a full bag fitting. When we got to the irons we actually kept my existing head (Apex CF16) because we just weren't seeing any increases with other heads that warranted a change. We did change out the shafts though (I hit probably 6 iron shafts including some graphite) and decided on KBS Tour 120 S.

I then ordered the shafts online (I found an amazing deal) and took them back to Club Champion to do the install. I saved a ton this way and although I don't have the "performance guarantee" they did say they will do what they can if I am unhappy with the performance and to bring them in after I'm comfortable to address any gapping issues by adjusting loft throughout the set.

Shaft puring has been hotly debated. The fubuki v60 in my new driver from CC received the puring treatment. As a fairly high end shaft, the puring process still did make a “substantial” paper change, so it isn’t just voodoo.

That said, it does not address the question of weather this translates into anything tangible for a double digit capper like me. Anyway, take a look at the report and draw your own conclusions.

d6e51e6e382dce698c173e5e5f0d2018.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back