2015 Wilson Staff Tour For THPers - Staff Proto

Going to get these out with a big time head to head with my CB3s Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing the difference.

Took these out today. Love the sound of these, a solid thawck. Ball go high too. About a club length longer with these.

This sounds very promising. Sorry, I've forgotten what were your previous gamers?

Ok, you have my full attention. I've hit the MTs before, solid irons.

Come January my C100s might have cause for concern.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Trust me. You'll want to hit them

I love the MT's, still have them (my backup set) ... but these protos are something else.

As great as these protos are in many ways, I think my favorite attribute is the effortless launch and height that these things have. My old set was Ping G25s and I always felt that I had to fight to get the ball up to hold greens and cut corners. With these protos, I know the ball will get up high enough and it lets me focus less on getting the ball up and more on swing path. This has lead to fewer balls going OB and much more consistent ball striking.

These things are changing hearts and minds in my club - gaining some real buzz.

This is my conclusion with my D100s.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, so um these irons are pretty awesome.

First time using them (outside of the 8I) this weekend and I really liked what I saw.

First off the graphite shafts are amazing (especially with the recent hand issues Ive had), and in conjunction with the heads promoted a really nice high ball flight. Which for anyone that knows my launch struggles this year is a sight for sore eyes.

The irons themselves are a very solid offering from Wilson. My swing limitations prohibited me from being able to take advantage of the distance gains that so many others have seen thus far, but the yardages I did see were pretty much what I expected with how I was hitting them.
Outside of a few hosel rockets the 2 main misses were thin and toe like always. I had 3 shots on the bottom 2 grooves that stuck out to me because based on the launch I saw I would have thought it was much higher on the face, as the ball just takes off even that low. Pretty much the same story on the toe, not punishing at all when you miss out there.

As the season wraps up here (hoping to play a few more times), I really look forward to getting the swing improved in the off season and give these irons alot of work in the spring.

Oh and the set AW is freaking awesome!

Mike, sounds like winners for you. Anything that can help you get that ball higher must be a welcome sight.

First time using them (outside of the 8I) this weekend and I really liked what I saw.

First off the graphite shafts are amazing (especially with the recent hand issues Ive had), and in conjunction with the heads promoted a really nice high ball flight. Which for anyone that knows my launch struggles this year is a sight for sore eyes.

The irons themselves are a very solid offering from Wilson. My swing limitations prohibited me from being able to take advantage of the distance gains that so many others have seen thus far, but the yardages I did see were pretty much what I expected with how I was hitting them.
Outside of a few hosel rockets the 2 main misses were thin and toe like always. I had 3 shots on the bottom 2 grooves that stuck out to me because based on the launch I saw I would have thought it was much higher on the face, as the ball just takes off even that low. Pretty much the same story on the toe, not punishing at all when you miss out there.

As the season wraps up here (hoping to play a few more times), I really look forward to getting the swing improved in the off season and give these irons alot of work in the spring.

How did you hold up? That was a lot of swings you took this past weekend.

And the set AW is awesome. If there's a set SW planned I might get one just because.

I'll also add that quite a few of the guys hit these and absolutely murdered them (especially DDEC with my 7I). Hopefully a few of them will stop in and give their thoughts.

I'll also add that quite a few of the guys hit these and absolutely murdered them (especially DDEC with my 7I). Hopefully a few of them will stop in and give their thoughts.

They're something unique, that's for sure. They launch the ball on a very nice trajectory and just freakin go. Little head heavy, which I like.

Kinda hard to get into too much detail for the obvious reason but Wilson may have a winner on their hands with these.

Trust me. You'll want to hit them
I will definitely be spending some quality time at the W/S tent in March.

I live on the bottom grooves so this is excellent news. Looking forward to your thoughts in January.

034dac9fe7aa820cd5f7c43c60f6d331.jpg

Look what just came in yesterday. Irons and hybrid complete. F5 driver and 3 wood in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

034dac9fe7aa820cd5f7c43c60f6d331.jpg

Look what just came in yesterday. Irons and hybrid complete. F5 driver and 3 wood in January.

What about wedges and putter? And bag? :alien:

So Tim Clarke posted on Twitter today about wrapping up an ad shoot for the new C200 irons....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawyers.... I try not to keep up with them.

I look away from the thread for a little bit and I'm getting killed in here lol.

So Tim Clarke posted on Twitter today about wrapping up an ad shoot for the new C200 irons....

While I saw the tweet - those things sound interesting. Can't wait to see the commercial.

Anyone heard from our designated hosel tester?!

I really wanted to try those out last weekend & then forgot about them once we started playing! Maybe next time. I liked the looks of them - can't wait to try them myself.

So an interesting video posted by an Australian golf store was recommended for me today on YouTube...

All I'll say is, if what was in the ad are the irons talked about in this thread, then oh my word I want them NOW.

Back