New irons in store

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Handicap
So I got me a Cobra Baffler Xl iron set a couple years ago and I feel like they are pretty heavy and just dont great about them. Been eyeing the steelhead xr pro and the XR pro cause of the pre owned website. Been looking online to see what the difference is on the steelheads and the reg xr pros.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As someone who played the regular XR's. If the XR pro's are cheaper, you're not going to notice any real difference between those and steelhead's. The XR's are great irons. The only reason I switched is because I went to One-Length, but I played some of the best golf I've ever played with the XR's.

As someone who played the regular XR's. If the XR pro's are cheaper, you're not going to notice any real difference between those and steelhead's. The XR's are great irons. The only reason I switched is because I went to One-Length, but I played some of the best golf I've ever played with the XR's.
Well the SH xr pro and xr pro are not much different just depending what condition they are.

To go from the Baffler line to the XR Pro line is a decent sized jump in demand, but with the 360 Face Cup that helps a lot with forgiveness. I, personally, enjoyed the XR Pros a little bit more than SH XR Pro but I got along with the regular Steelhead better than XR.

So what's the difference between the two? They the same size club just different materials steelhead?

As a marginal golfer and owner of the XR Pro, I would go with the XR Pro. I hit both and there was not much of a difference for me, if any really. It took me a range session to dial in the XR Pro's (as they accentuated my slice right on the first dozen balls or so) but once dialed in, they are great. My only complaint is that the dark finish is showing some bag wear, but its purely an aesthetic issue.

So what's the difference between the two? They the same size club just different materials steelhead?

This THP video does a great job explaining the difference. the biggest difference I noticed was the look of the top line and the framing of the ball because of the more contrasting color difference on the face of the pro model.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a marginal golfer and owner of the XR Pro, I would go with the XR Pro. I hit both and there was not much of a difference for me, if any really. It took me a range session to dial in the XR Pro's (as they accentuated my slice right on the first dozen balls or so) but once dialed in, they are great. My only complaint is that the dark finish is showing some bag wear, but its purely an aesthetic issue.
Steelhead has the dark finish. This the ones you are talking about?

These are the two I'm talking about. Seems like most people are thinking the SH xr and SH XR Pro
f4a79ee112a3ccd6e13410f6c7c75fe2.jpg

Sorry for the confusion and my sloppiness in responding. I own the Steelhead XR Pro in the dark finish. I hit them in comparison to the Steelhead XR. My responses between the differences and the color issues were in reference to the Steelhead XR Pro and the Steelhead XR, and NOT the XR Pro.

Sorry for the confusion and my sloppiness in responding. I own the Steelhead XR Pro in the dark finish. I hit them in comparison to the Steelhead XR. My responses between the differences and the color issues were in reference to the Steelhead XR Pro and the Steelhead XR, and NOT the XR Pro.
That's okay, I figured thats what you meant. When I research thats what always pops up is the two SH models

Ended up ordering the 5-PW xp105 stiff shaft Steelhead XR pro for 480 shipped w/new golf pride cg2 grips. Cant wait!

Back