THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Can't wait for things to get rolling on this. After playing Friday and talking with the guys about this it just added motivation to put in the practice over winter. Sorry NE but based on what I saw Friday things might get ugly out on the course.

what? get ugly on the course? if you are from new England you are already ugly!!!!!!

ny,nj rules....forrrrgetabouuuut it

what? get ugly on the course? if you are from new England you are already ugly!!!!!!

ny,nj rules....forrrrgetabouuuut it

Now, that's what I'm talkin about. Funny stuff there. lol
But to be fair...................we can't all be good looking. There's only so many of us.

Just out of curiosity what formats would you guys like to see for this? 36 holes on a Saturday right? Would you like to see the 1st 9 one format 2nd 9 a different format? Second 18 singles? Just been thinking about this event a bit lately.

Modified pinehurst is pretty fun. Any format works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm game with any format that comes along. At least 9 holes of singles though.

The only detail THP has given about formats is to remember it is a team event.

I am game for any format. With 36 holes in one day I would doubt we would see a singles format at all. Singles just generally takes too long.

18 holes modified Pinehurst and the other 18 holes shamble

The only detail THP has given about formats is to remember it is a team event.

As much as I enjoy the pressure of singles, something about team play gets me fired up. I wouldn't miss singles at all really.

I'm game if those are your formats of choice to get beaten at, whatever helps ease the pain :bananadance:

These all look like great formats for New England to take home the title.

I don't think there is any format those bums from NY/NJ could beat us at.

These all look like great formats for New England to take home the title.

I don't think there is any format those bums from NY/NJ could beat us at.

That's cute, I may just have to wear a Brock Osweiler jersey for this event...

Hopefully you won't need the refs to hand you the game.

Hopefully you won't need the refs to hand you the game.

Haha I agree with you I was just bustin' buddy.

THP Regional Rivalry - New York and New Jersey vs New England

THP Regional Rivalry - New York and New Jersey vs New England

Haha I agree with you I was just bustin' buddy.

Haha I know, I was trying to come up with a good witty comeback.

Given that there's a captain, and the folks on each team are (relatively) local, I'd love to see a true alternate shot round. I love that format, and it epitomizes team golf for me.

But, I'm just as excited for any other potential format. Can't wait until more details come out.

Jokes on you, you just spent $100 on a Brock Osweiler jersey :alien:

Given that there's a captain, and the folks on each team are (relatively) local, I'd love to see a true alternate shot round. I love that format, and it epitomizes team golf for me.

But, I'm just as excited for any other potential format. Can't wait until more details come out.
Me too. I love alt shot. Although I like where one person tees off on odd holes and the other even. Maddog and I play in a 2 man event that has "true alt shot" where no matter the tee box whoever holes out the opposite person tees off.

Me too. I love alt shot. Although I like where one person tees off on odd holes and the other even. Maddog and I play in a 2 man event that has "true alt shot" where no matter the tee box whoever holes out the opposite person tees off.

Yeah - I much prefer that. Makes for some interesting strategizing when you're looking at the course - does odds/even have more par 3s? Maybe put the better iron striker on those holes. Or if there are doglegs, try to match up "stock" ball flights as best as possible.

The other way you might have someone teeing off a bunch of holes in a row, and the other persons last "shot" on a given hole could be a 1 foot putt on those holes.

I think one round of alt shot for sure. The other round either fourball or a shamble.

I don't care if it's December.

I went to the range today to get in one last outside session so I can get that much more of a head start for next season.

You're goin' down, NY/NJ.

I don't care if it's December.

I went to the range today to get in one last outside session so I can get that much more of a head start for next season.

You're goin' down, NY/NJ.

Haha I'm playing 36 Saturday and Sunday......

Back