The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car got towed this morning because I forgot to move it to the side of the street you can be parked on in the morning. Fun start to the day. First time this has ever happened

My brother-in-law lives in a community in upper state New York. The residents are not allowed to even park on the streets between certain times at night during the winter months. I assume such is to accommodate snow removal. No way could I live like that. I often ask him, why are you here? I think the golf season there is the month of August.

When is the cut off to have to be on the opposite side of the street?

7am. I am fully aware of it too which is the worst part. But when I got home I made dinner and then we forgot about it. Usually I remember by like 11pm and run out and move it...this time not so lucky. Nice $130 way to start my morning.

7am. I am fully aware of it too which is the worst part. But when I got home I made dinner and then we forgot about it. Usually I remember by like 11pm and run out and move it...this time not so lucky. Nice $130 way to start my morning.
That's brutal dude, crappy way to start your day.

That's brutal dude, crappy way to start your day.

Luckily I've got a fantastic GF that took me to get everything taken care of, or else it really would have been bad haha

Senior management has done it to me again. They are constantly sending the HR dept. to me to get snap shots and/or video from our rinky dink security system that was built on a wing and a prayer 8 years ago. They are never happy with the stuff I can give them and I tell them, I need to build a newer system but I need 10-15 thousand dollars to get what they want. I was promised the budget all the way up to $25,000. So, I go out and get quotes to put in a new system. I was able to get a good quality system that was scalable and for only $12,500. I presented the project and was told...uhhhh.....maybe we can readress this in the spring. AAARGGHHH !!!
This is the 3rd time in 2 years they have done this to me!

Next time they come to me for video of some employee they want to bust for coming in late or leaving early or better yet, when the plant manager's car gets vandalized in the parking lot, I will remind them of this decision.

18 hour day yesterday. Ending in a bad loss and then film work till 2 am. Up at 6am today for team lifting and won't get done with my day till 10pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hour day yesterday. Ending in a bad loss and then film work till 2 am. Up at 6am today for team lifting and won't get done with my day till 10pm.

Being close to a few coaches in this area I know how long those days can be. Made even longer by the loss.

Fortunately the Towson coaches were eager to go watch film last night. They beat George Mason by 21. Probably made this mornings lift a bit easier to get up for.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Being close to a few coaches in this area I know how long those days can be. Made even longer by the loss.

Fortunately the Towson coaches were eager to go watch film last night. They beat George Mason by 21. Probably made this mornings lift a bit easier to get up for.

Crazy game/profession. Down 2 in the final 20 seconds and our best shooter misses a great shot to go ahead. Their is winning and their is misery.

Crazy game/profession. Down 2 in the final 20 seconds and our best shooter misses a great shot to go ahead. Their is winning and their is misery.

What is it coaches say. "I agonize over losses much more than enjoying a win"

So true its not even funny.

So true its not even funny.
You know even though I was quoting KB's post, I was actually thinking of you as I wrote it, thinking I KNOW this is so true for James.

one of my favorites is "I like not losing more then I like winning"

Ran over my own foot with a scissor lift pretty sure there is some bad stuff going on inside my boot but I refuse to look till my day is over!

Ran over my own foot with a scissor lift pretty sure there is some bad stuff going on inside my boot but I refuse to look till my day is over!

Damn bro. Hope it's nothing serious.

Dealing with home owners insurance on a drive by BB shooting is a pain in the arse...

Damn bro. Hope it's nothing serious.

I hope not it's quite uncomfortable at the moment.

Dont do anymore damage

Update foot is visibly swollen, no visible damage besides the swelling. I'm icing it now hoping to get the swelling down.

My children's ears. Both have had ear infections regularly, both have had tubes and today we just found out that the 18 month old has blood clots in both ears and that's what's causing these continued ear infections. He needs surgery to have the clots removed, ears cleaned of all the infection, current tubes removed and new tubes put in. Oh and surgery is set for December 23rd. I feel so awful for him. He has to be in such pain yet is living life with a huge smile. My kids are definitely stronger than I am because if I even get a hint of any sickness I'm on my death bed.

My children's ears. Both have had ear infections regularly, both have had tubes and today we just found out that the 18 month old has blood clots in both ears and that's what's causing these continued ear infections. He needs surgery to have the clots removed, ears cleaned of all the infection, current tubes removed and new tubes put in. Oh and surgery is set for December 23rd. I feel so awful for him. He has to be in such pain yet is living life with a huge smile. My kids are definitely stronger than I am because if I even get a hint of any sickness I'm on my death bed.

What a crappy time to have to do that. Your little dude sounds like a trooper.

It's amazing how kids deal with things, unfortunately it's probably just normal for him.

Hope the surgery goes well and it's the last he has to deal with it

thats rough. Will be thinking about the little one. Hopefully this fixes it for good.

Helping people is noble. Helping family is almost an obligation. Sometimes you need a contract though.

JM

Dealing with home owners insurance on a drive by BB shooting is a pain in the arse...

Do you even need to? Isn't your deductible more than a window pane? And even if it's a little more, consider your premium going up for the next few years since you filed a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back