Riding when others are walking

I golf a lot as a single and have ran into this a few times, don't feel awkward just help finding their balls so when they get to it they can be ready. Sometimes when checking in I will check to see how many people i have been paired with and if they are walking or riding if most are walking sometimes I will just walk depending on weather.

This afternoon I'm fairly certain that I will be the only one walking. Since we got heavy rains it will be CPO, so I will be the one finding everyone's errant tee shots :)

I have to ride due to back and knee issues. Most of the seniors I play with also ride. But I've played with walkers with no issues at all.

I have no issues riding when others are walking. I don't think twice about it. I will play this Friday after work and will ride while I'm certain my group is walking.

When I get done my chores early I'll often go walk a Par 3 or executive course for $14 in the late afternoon. I've had lots of people join me with carts. Sometimes I'll continue walking, sometimes they will invite me abord and I'll load my bag, push cart and all right on the back (I have an old cart bag so I bought a cheap push cart). Either way when I'm walking I keep up with a cart of 2 people easily simply because they have to go to one ball at a time.

There is only one time I've ever seen drama about it, and that was in a league. One guy wanted to walk and another member thought it would slow down pace of play. It didn't, but it got pretty aquard.

Whiskey

I get it. It was a new and weird-feeling experience for you. Play enough rounds and you'll experience every combination of riding, walking, and pushing. It doesn't sound like it bothered them. Just get comfortable with it.

As far as scouting out the balls ahead. I'm a guy who likes to help others and encourage a good pace of play. So I'd move ahead to find any ball that may have strayed. When all balls were known, I'm a sociable guy, so I'd troll along with them and join in the conversation. But that's me. You are under no obligation to do so.

Back