America's 50 Best Steakhouses

I really gotta get out more. Never been to any of these.

Awesome to see a couple from Omaha, NE on the list!

Next time you're in town, let's hit up The Golden Steer. Old school Vegas.
That my friend is a deal. ETA = 3rd week in June.

I'm surprised STK didn't make the list. Great wine and aged steaks. Great scene as well.
Another one I haven't been to. Sounds great - I've got to get myself there.

I ain't et at any of those fancy big city places...but I do think they left a place called the Mesquite Tree out in Sierra Vista, AZ, or Lil Abner's up in Tucson off the list. Though they're pretty far off the beaten path.

I haven't been to Taste of Texas or Killens, but I've heard they are both great.

Some top steak houses I've tried include Austin Land and Cattle and Sullivan's.

The best steak I've ever had was at Cambalache, an Argentinian Steak House in Cancun, Mexico.

I haven't been to Taste of Texas or Killens, but I've heard they are both great.

Some top steak houses I've tried include Austin Land and Cattle and Sullivan's.

The best steak I've ever had was at Cambalache, an Argentinian Steak House in Cancun, Mexico.

If you try one, go with Killens. TOT is not that great IMO & If not Killens, Pappas Bros Steak house is next.

I'm surprised Smith & Wollensky isn't on the list.

If you try one, go with Killens. TOT is not that great IMO & If not Killens, Pappas Bros Steak house is next.

I'm surprised Smith & Wollensky isn't on the list.

Isn't Killen's the one with the back door for JJ Watt? I thought I heard/read that he frequented the place.

America's 50 Best Steakhouses

Isn't Killen's the one with the back door for JJ Watt? I thought I heard/read that he frequented the place.

Quite possibly because they are I Pearland and he lives there I believe. I know they have a BBq place down the road from the steakhouse. Hard knocks showed him and wilfork eating at the BBQ joint

Another one I haven't been to. Sounds great - I've got to get myself there.

It's in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. It's well worth a visit. It's definitely a scene but well worth it.

Seeing a place in Beverly Hill's as #1 is a little anticlimactic. Interesting list, though.

Not surprised Bern's is near the top. Love that place. Rathbun's Steak is the best Atlanta has, by far.

I was really disappointed in the steak at the Buckhorn in Denver. I have had much better for cheaper in the Denver area. I will say though that some of their wild game is off the charts,still overpriced, but still very good. That said I would not voluntarily go to the Buckhorn over other restraunts.

Wow. Two of the top 25 in the Seattle area. The Metropolitan is the best here. John Howie steak is also excellent. Best steak I ever had was the Porterhouse for two at SW Steak at the Wynn Las Vegas.

i've only been to two on the list, rathbun and bern's. the experience at bern's is fantastic, the wine list is legendary, and most everything that comes out of the kitchen is executed very well EXCEPT for the steak. the few times i've been the steak has never been cooked to proper temperature (to the point of it being sent back by others in our group 2 of 3 times i've been), and woefully underseasoned. but it's all subjective.

I am surprised Bobs in Dallas isn't on this list. One of the best steaks I have ever eaten.

Jess & Jims is alright, certainly not my favorite even in KC, Plaza III is the best I have had here, and I am glad to see it on the list.

Tomahawk Ribeye with skillet potato's at Bob's is killer

I've only been to a few on the list but one of my favorite overall restaurants, Murray's in Minneapolis, came in at #24 on the list.

Last edited:
Sorry man, but Barclay Prime is leaps and bounds better than Prime Rib and B&S. I like all of them but Barclay and Delfrisco's are probably the better places to go in Philly IMO, with B&S third. Capital Grill is more of seen and be seen place just like the Palm. Don't get me wrong, I'd go to any of them, but after going to all of them several times that's how it shakes out for me.

As a former Philly guy my favorite steak in town is the Filet Moda at The Saloon

i've only been to two on the list, rathbun and bern's. the experience at bern's is fantastic, the wine list is legendary, and most everything that comes out of the kitchen is executed very well EXCEPT for the steak. the few times i've been the steak has never been cooked to proper temperature (to the point of it being sent back by others in our group 2 of 3 times i've been), and woefully underseasoned. but it's all subjective.

It is all extremely subjective. Not being overly seasoned is one of the things I love most about their steaks. The meat has such amazing flavor, you don't need to douse it with other stuff. I'm surprised to hear it wasn't cooked to the correct temperature, never been a problem when I've been there.

I have been to Bern's a handful of times and ironically never eaten a steak there. I do love their french onion soup, wine and dessert though. I think next time I will actually order a steak.

Hmm...me and the GF were trying to decide where to go for Christmas dinner this year. Might have to check out Red. Never been, but she's had lunch there before at a work luncheon and said it was fantastic.
We've been meaning to try Red as well.

Nice to see Gibsons on the list. Local tip is to go to Hugo's if it is too busy at Gibsons and you can order a steak from there.

Interesting list. Seeing the same ad for cookware every 4 slides was exhausting though

one of the things I love about OS9 is the ad blocking software for Safari through apps like Crystal. It eliminates 95%'of the ads from popping up.

Back