Which of these three is the better achievement?

5 under par.

True, but who cares what average people think?

I'll take playing the best golf 10 times out of 10.

Think about it another way...which is better, saying you shot 2 under at your local muni, or saying you shot 2 under at the Pebble Beach?

I think you are underestimating course #3.

My home course (Palmer design) is 69.5/126 from the green tees (6,100 yards) and 73.4/137 from the tips (6,950 yards). I've shot 70 from the tips plenty of times, and 67 from the greens once. I found it to be very enjoyable, and would probably trade the 70 from the blacks for a 67 from the greens every day of the week.

I assure you, it's no muni.

My home course (Palmer design) is 69.5/126 from the green tees (6,100 yards) and 73.4/137 from the tips (6,950 yards). I've shot 70 from the tips plenty of times, and 67 from the greens once. I found it to be very enjoyable, and would probably trade the 70 from the blacks for a 67 from the greens every day of the week.

Love that course.

Love that course.

Rawr.

Spoiler
20130507_190447.jpg

20130507_191642.jpg

Isnt ur top photo #18? thats the 1 Ive gotten maybe once.

16 a few pars

17 probably freaking 0, stupid hole

I'm going with #3, going low low on a par 72. If I ever shot that low my buddies would ask me if it was on a par 3 course. I could still tell them, nope it was par 72 PERIOD.

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about this, but it would be AWESOME!

Last edited:
Back when I played softball I hit a weak popup to no mans land, and later came around to score. The guy keeping score for us gave me an obligatory "good hit" and I kind of laugh/scoffed as I sat down.

He looked over at me and said, "It's a screamer in the book."

I vote #3.

Back when I played softball I hit a weak popup to no mans land, and later came around to score. The guy keeping score for us gave me an obligatory "good hit" and I kind of laugh/scoffed as I sat down.

He looked over at me and said, "It's a screamer in the book."

I vote #3.
Imo that's not a good comparison at all. A better comparison here would be to hit a homerun on a very short field where as on a deeper field it would be an out or a double vs the home run on the short field. A bloop single is still a single regardless of the field.

If you shoot 70 from the tips I would expect a lower score for less yards. For me, the challenge would be to shoot 67 tips.

When I shoot a low number from 6000 at my course I know it's because of the length and I didn't really challenge myself. If I shoot under from the tips people know I golfed my ball.

Back