lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone give an honest review. The more details the better. I am torn and would really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone give an honest review. The more details the better. I am torn and would really appreciate it.

The issue comes down to forgiveness. The G30 will be the more forgiving option whereas the M1 offers more customization to fine tune to your swing.

The adjustment issue is minimized a bit by the G30 coming in 3 models - regular, low spin and weight at the heel to help you close the face at impact. The weighting of the clubs and feel/sound at impact is different between the two. If you opt for the G30 I strongly recommend at least trying the Tour shaft. The M1 is a fine driver too. If you can do it I recommend hitting them both yourself.

Last edited:
Hit them both pretty extensively. The M1 appealed to the aesthetics a little better, but for me, the G30 all around was more solid. Off center strikes were great and the LS Tec was a great pairing. Both are a little different in the sound category. 3 different models, as T4k said, in the G30 allows you to dial in the one you need. The M1 is a fine tuning low spinner and great at what it does, but I just experience more forgiveness with the G30 and it is much more simplified which I like. The Tour shaft for the G30 is fantastic but so is the stock blue shaft. M1 has the Kuro kage or Fujikura Pro, 2 great ones as well. For the price though, I'd have to say the G30 is a pretty nice deal.

I've only hit them on the sim, but the G30 was far more forgiving in my experience than the M1. Much better dispersion and distance by far for my swing.

Definitely hit them both and see which one works out better for you.

Sorry to keep it short... but G30 no question.

I have hit both and was not at all impressed with anything about the M1. It felt and looked cheap to me, plus didn't produce results anywhere near the G30, not to mention it will be 1/4 the price in a few months ;-)

Have you had the chance to try both head to head? Words on the internet don't mean squat on your scorecard.

Have you had the chance to try both head to head? Words on the internet don't mean squat on your scorecard.

Agree 100%... in the end, whatever YOU hit best is what you should end up with. Especially NOT other people's opinions that you have never seen swing.

I have the G30, and I've seen first hand what the hype is about. It's the best selling and arguably most forgiving driver in golf right now.

From what I've seen from owners, the M1 can be the longer club, but you have to get the fitting right including the right shaft. So if you have a fitter available, it can be a good thing.

You might see if you can get a proper fitting comparing the two and buy whichever works better for you.

For every golfer that hits the G30 better there will be another who hits M1 better. You have to figure out which is best for you. You can't necessarily go by generic things like swing speed/age/handicap etc... either. It's about your own UNIQUE swing and contact tendancies. In my own case I've tested a lot of drivers. The ones that suit me best are typically recommended for fast swinging, low handicappers, who make consistent center contact. I resemble none of those things, yet hit those best. Almost without fail, the drivers 'the internet' would recommend for someone like me tend to perform very poorly.
I've currently tested over 40 recently released drivers. Not just hitting them a few times at a big box sim, but comparitively testing them several times outdoors. I've tested the three versions of the G30 head and am presently testing M1. For ME (which very well might be different for YOU) the LST version of the G30 performs best of the G30s. It would slot in right around the top 25%, coming in just under the tier that includes my gamer Bio+, FlyZ+, 815DBD, '14BBA, 816DBD, JPX850, SLDR, & R15. I'm not completely finished testing M1 yet, but in my hands, WOW!. While all the heads in my gamer tier are basically statistically interchangable, M1 is the ONLY driver I've tested that completely blows that tier out of the water. Superior distance, forgiveness, accuracy, basically everything and then some. Again MY results ONLY, so please find a way to hit these drivers before you choose based off some internet recommendations. The only certainty right now is you can get into a G30 cheaper.

Last edited:
I got mine before the M1 was out, but I'm obviously biased towards the G30. I agree with the others who recommended fitting if possible. Seems like you've already hit them and the G30 is more forgiving, but I'd still try to get some time on a monitor with them to compare if not a full fitting. Someone else recommended this, but I'll definitely echo, make sure to try the Tour 65. I've got the standard TFC shaft in my FWs and hybrids, but the Tour 65 is just a better fit in the driver for me.

I owned both.

9.5* M1 with Fuji Stiff also tried a Bi-Matrix
9* G30 LST with Tour 80 also tried a Tour 65

M1 was better on the monitor. G30 LS is better on the course.

-M1 was difficult for me to turn over - very hard to hit a draw. Slices showed up unexpectedly.
-M1 was slightly longer on best hits, slightly shorter on worst hits
-G30 is more consistent across the face in both distance and directional dispersion.

I just sold the M1 after giving it a very fair shake, but the G30 is so tough to beat.

So I hit the GBB today and that was kind of an unexpected game changer. I didn't want to like it but man, I did.

I tried both...the G30 LS Tec 10.5 with the Tour 65 vs M1 430 10.5 with the Kuro kage Tini, with LM. My driver at the time was R15 430 with the Kuro kage Tini.

In brief -
G30 is LOUDER, M1 more muted.
M1 was longer on the LM but not by much.
Dispersion, both were close but may be M1 was just a little tighter.

I could easily pick up the G30 LS and I might, when these will be cheap in the BST when the next G driver comes out.

However, the edge was given to the M1 because the rear sliding weight and the side sliding weight, I could custom fit it to my driver swing. Set the weight back and you have a higher launch and more "forgiveness" - I use to have this upfront but I really, really like it when its in the back where the ball launches higher and flies level for much longer.

But thats me, you gotta go and check it out yourself and see what you like and what irks you.

I've got the G30, and frankly even though I've wanted to get a new driver for months now due to my addiction, but I just can't do it, the driver is that good. There's a reason it was the top selling driver over the last year.

That being said, the M1 is impressive in its own right. Have hit it a few times in a bay and the distance claims are there. I just don't think it's worth the forgiveness. If I were a better player I might think otherwise

I love the G30. I feel it has a lot of forgiveness all over the face and really gives me a consistent ball flight with every swing.

That being said, I feel like the M1 gives me more distance and is a bit better on my misses high on the club face (my main miss).

I think the G30 is going to be better for those that need overall forgiveness and are willing to sacrifice a few yards of distance,
no matter what their handicap may be.

Good luck! Let us know what you choose :)

I love the G30. I feel it has a lot of forgiveness all over the face and really gives me a consistent ball flight with every swing.

That being said, I feel like the M1 gives me more distance and is a bit better on my misses high on the club face (my main miss).

I think the G30 is going to be better for those that need overall forgiveness and are willing to sacrifice a few yards of distance,
no matter what their handicap may be.

Good luck! Let us know what you choose :)

I actually gained a few more yards on total average with my G30LS over the R1 I was gaming simply because I hit more straighter shots.

I played both the M1 and G30 and still game my G25. If you hit the center of the club I like M1 a lot, it sounds great and spin launch is as good or better than the PING's. If you hit towards the toe I like the G25 as I get less side spin correction (draw) going on and the ball just stays straighter. G30 is very forgiving but right to left spin off toe was more harsh for me than the G25. If you hit off the toe on the M1 its a bit more punishing, stay straight but loses distance, but nowhere near as bad as the SLDR was.

Overall, if I was playing well I would play the M1 all the time since it looks cool and sounds awesome. If I didn't own so many G25's it would be in the bag.

I actually gained a few more yards on total average with my G30LS over the R1 I was gaming simply because I hit more straighter shots.
Yeah, that's the forgiveness factor!

For me personally, I am a "high spin" player and the M1 performed better for me on a monitor compared to the G30 LST - it also is alot louder IMO....

Now for my swing and typical miss (high on the face) the M1 performs the best for me....

However you can't really buy either of these 2 off the rack and put them into play without tweaking them...

The G30 has a variety of head technology and the M1 has one head with tons of adjustability...

Start with hitting each of the heads, then set up the adjustments for loft and then find a shaft which suits your game..

Back