How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

On average no more than 6 (2 sleeves). Even if I didn't carry, if I felt the need to carry more than 10, I'd take up Crown Green Bowls

I buy balls by the dozen, mark them and place them in my bag. When I'm down to 3 or so, I buy another box. I don't carry, so either my trolly or buggy deal with the weight.

I also don't keep "found" balls unless it's my brand and model - so my playing partners get these :)

I'd love to weigh some of your guys bags, I'm amazed the batteries don't pack up halfway round with the strain :sarcastic:

I'd love to weigh some of your guys bags, I'm amazed the batteries don't pack up halfway round with the strain :sarcastic:

I also carry 2 1/2 liters of water at the start of a round here in Malaysia.... No water on most of the courses, and temps are generally around 35* C :)

I keep about 9-10 balls in my ball compartment. I have the Ogio Syncro with the zipperless compartment, any more than that will leave them rolling around in the trunk of my car.
I also carry a dozen or so beat up balls in a side pocket that I use for pitching and chipping practice. Hopefully I don't have to dig into that stash.

way more than I should.

I throw a couple dozen in at the start of the year and then add another box when I see I am running low.

I have no more than a dozen balls in my bag at a time. If I find out I am running low during a round, it has been a bad day.

I would guess I have a couple dozen maybe, no set number for me.

Depends on what course I am playing ...

One. If I lose that one I shouldn't have been playing.

Big Time - I dare you to play my home course w one ball!! ;)

Walking, I carry 8 balls.
Riding - between 8 and 12. Unless it is really windy or there is a lot of water, in which case I would throw in another 6 balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Carry between 12 to 24. Really depends on the course and especially if I've ever played there before.

Honestly I don't even keep track of how many I have. I buy them in bulk and then put a line on all of them then dump them all in a box and before a round grab like 3-4 before a round. That usually causes me to have a ton in the bag since it is rare to ever loose that many in one round. I am sure one day I will look and be like crap, I have one left, but hasn't happened yet.

3 or 4 sleeves of new balls and 4 used balls in a bag. I take one from the bag and put in my back pocket for a hot spare. I take one of the sleeves and use the 1st ball for 6 holes, 2nd ball for 6 holes and 3rd ball for the final 6 holes.

10 - 15. Whenever I play alone, I practice mainly irons at least 10 shots per holes. I found that worth more than practice at the range. Of course I fix all the divots and ball marks.

10 to 12. Enough not to run out. I've played a few rounds where I used only one ball, and that's usually a good sign, that means I also played well.

A sleeve or two of new balls and maybe a dozen "found" balls for those over the water and through the woods shots.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

used to be over a dozen but since I've begun walking more, I have it trimmed down to a couple of sleeves. If I'm playing a new course, I'll throw a couple more sleeves in. Not sure why. I suppose I'm unconsciously concerned I'll lose them/run out

Way too many !!

my home course, 1 or 2 sleeves. I rarely lose one... on a course I've never played, probably a dozen or so, just in case I lose my way during the round.

All of them I plan on putting in play, otherwise my 9 y/o boy scatters them all over the yard.

I usually carry 2-3 sleeves in the front pouch, ten I have about 15 cheap balls in a side pocket. I usually grab 1 of those in a spot that I've lost balls before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trimmed it to a dozen

I have north of 2 dozen in my bag. Probably closer to 4 or 5. But nothing close to the 8 I think I had in there before.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back