The Man in the High Castle

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
I read this book in high school and it was phenomenal. The show starts soon on Amazon Prime.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it about two or three years ago, great book. I started a Philip Dick reading frenzy after finishing "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and I think "The Man in the High Castle" was the best of his work.

I don't think I have Prime, I might have to get it if this is good.

I don't have prime either, but this show is really intriguing. Haven't read the book, but sounds awesome.

I don't have prime either, but this show is really intriguing. Haven't read the book, but sounds awesome.

If you read it's well worth it. Fantastic read .

Timing is everything right? Never heard of this until a few days ago. Then I did a search for "Amazon Prime" and this thread shows up. I did another search for this show to learn more and saw that the first two episodes are on Prime already. Watched one last night and one this morning. Looks like the full set of series 1 will be released on the 20th. First two episodes are outstanding and I'm hooked!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I loved the book and am looking forward to the show. What I'm curious about is how it will be a series as the whole book is based on very loosely connected characters. I never felt there was an overall story (I.e. Beginning, middle and end) and was more of a day in the life type of story. My concern is that the TV series will not stay true to the book and instead try and create a storyline that really wasn't there. After all I'm not sure a series focused on an antique dealer that cannot distinguish between real and fakes will get people excited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I'm going to say that's some sort of spoiler Wu, but since I've not read the book, or even heard of this before, it doesn't mean too much at this point. Maybe, in this case, not having read the books will be an advantage since I will not have any expectations. Watch the first two episodes and share your thoughts. Like I said, I thought it was really good, but I have nothing to judge it off of.

Well, I'm going to say that's some sort of spoiler Wu, but since I've not read the book, or even heard of this before, it doesn't mean too much at this point. Maybe, in this case, not having read the books will be an advantage since I will not have any expectations. Watch the first two episodes and share your thoughts. Like I said, I thought it was really good, but I have nothing to judge it off of.
It's not really a spoiler and doesn't advance the story (at least in the book). Sorry if it gave something away in the TV series.

Also, based on the trailer I just watched, the TV series seems to be much more action packed than the book. By the way, the Grasshopper reel in the TV series is a book in the Book.

It's not really a spoiler and doesn't advance the story (at least in the book). Sorry if it gave something away in the TV series.

I didn't mean for that to come off as a dig, because that wasn't the intent. I meant it more as something for me to watch for and try to pick up on.

Also, based on the trailer I just watched, the TV series seems to be much more action packed than the book. By the way, the Grasshopper reel in the TV series is a book in the Book.

Interesting twist. I'm curious to see the rest of the series, and look forward to hearing people's thoughts who have read the book. Sometimes there's a big disconnect that is still enjoyable regardless of format. Kind of like those of us who have read the Game of Thrones books and see the big differences between the series, but enjoy both of them equally. Hopefully they don't go so far apart that the book readers can't enjoy the show at all. I'm hoping this show continues. The first episode actually release Jan 15 so I'm assuming they were collecting feedback for a while to see if it was worth continuing. Looks like it went over well since they've released ep 2 and the rest are going to release in a little of a week for the first season.

I see that this is their methodology for a couple of other "series premiers". For example, they've released one episode of the hilarious show "Highston" (that I just watched and went on Amazon to give 5 starts), and they are asking the viewers to determine whether the show should continue. Go check it out.

Is anyone watching this on Amazon? The wife and I are 3 episodes in and loving it so far.

My wife and I binged the entire first season over Thanksgiving. Excellent all the way around. Amazon hit a home run with this show.

I didn't mean for that to come off as a dig, because that wasn't the intent. I meant it more as something for me to watch for and try to pick up on.

Interesting twist. I'm curious to see the rest of the series, and look forward to hearing people's thoughts who have read the book. Sometimes there's a big disconnect that is still enjoyable regardless of format. Kind of like those of us who have read the Game of Thrones books and see the big differences between the series, but enjoy both of them equally. Hopefully they don't go so far apart that the book readers can't enjoy the show at all. I'm hoping this show continues. The first episode actually release Jan 15 so I'm assuming they were collecting feedback for a while to see if it was worth continuing. Looks like it went over well since they've released ep 2 and the rest are going to release in a little of a week for the first season.

I see that this is their methodology for a couple of other "series premiers". For example, they've released one episode of the hilarious show "Highston" (that I just watched and went on Amazon to give 5 starts), and they are asking the viewers to determine whether the show should continue. Go check it out.

Amazon has done this for a couple of years now. They released a single episode of Bosch a couple of years ago to great fanfare. The first season was finished filming based on feedback from the initial episode. The first season was a huge success and the second season is set to be released in February, I think. Gortimer Gibbons is another series they did this way for kids. My children love it.

Search "Amazon Originals" to see a full list.

Neat concept and one I think Amazon will continue with more regularity.

Phenomenally well done TV. I really enjoyed season one.

just read a preview of what the series is about, color me intrigued, will have to check it out immediately

Phenomenally well done TV. I really enjoyed season one.
Couldn't agree more, can't wait to see the next season.

just read a preview of what the series is about, color me intrigued, will have to check it out immediately

I'm betting you won't be disappointed. It is very well done.

Very good First season can't wait for season 2.

I'm betting you won't be disappointed. It is very well done.
The mrs had heard about it so we may tackle it together

Just finished the first episode and I should go to bed, but man that was really good! Several twists and turns....

After I finish Jessica Jones this is next on the list to watch

Just finished the first episode and I should go to bed, but man that was really good! Several twists and turns....
I binge watched the heck out of this show, such great storylines!

I binge watched the heck out of this show, such great storylines!

I am through 6 episodes now, no way I won't finish the first season this weekend. Really really REALLY good.

This show is amazing .

I need to watch this show... Wife already said she isn't interested so It has to be on my own but that's cool with me

Back