Mwinte86

Reaction score
Handicap
Been looking through old scorecards and began thinking about what makes a good scorecard. So what in your opinion makes a good scorecard? Personally, something simple don’t like a lot of local businesses adds or ones that too busy.

I like a card with six or eight lines. Have the full course layout on it. Don't care if the cards don't have individual hole layouts.

The reason for the ads is because many courses get their score cards for free, but the printer gets space on them to make it worth it. Those same courses also have advertising on the tee box signs. Also the ball washers. And when they have a new advertiser for the course signs, they will send the sign to the golf course, who has their super or maintenance guy go out and change them. And the company sends a check to the course for their time.

I've never seen a bad one really, though I usually use the 18 birdies app to track my personal scores. The cool thing about that is I can track things like up and downs, put stats and much more. Plus it has a map of the holes with GPS and that helps out.

Whiskey

I like a card with a layout on it for sure.

I like a layout, course rating and slope and OB info on one side. The other side I like at least 6 lines with boxes big enough to record distance and club.

I actually like the advertisements especially when I'm in a new area where I'm unfamiliar with local businesses.

I like ones with room to write all my little garbage stats. I also don't like the kind with the shiny type paper coating that makes it hard to put the pencil to the paper.

One that fits into my score card holder without having to fold it in some goofy way. In other words, the simpler the better. I prefer ones that are printed in portrait and fold like a book as those fit well. Landscape cards do not.

I was very appreciative that Boone Valley in Augusta, MO printed 2 cards - a fancy schmancy pretty one that works well for the cart and a simple one that fits perfectly in a score card holder for my back pocket!

My personal favorite are the Kohler Course Cards --
0cb24d01bc6cfe6136318bce_l.jpg

It folds perfectly into a scorecard holder, which would be expected since the Straits is a walking only course. Plus the cards look pretty and have all the info you need without having to flip front to back!

I like the tri-fold style scorecard with a full layout on one side and the scoring on the other side. I like to have at least 6 lines to write on and I like to see course handicap/slope rating. I also like for the boxes to be big enough to actually write a number and then my markings as well.

Been looking through old scorecards and began thinking about what makes a good scorecard. So what in your opinion makes a good scorecard? Personally, something simple don’t like a lot of local businesses adds or ones that too busy.

That's an easy question.
One that has text and print on it large enough for us seniors to read without the use of a magnifying glass.

I'm cool with just about any card, as long as it's not printed on laminated paper. To me there's nothing worse than attempting to write with a pencil on a glossy page.

I agree with having a layout of some type on the card. But also a green complex for each hole to know the general pin location. Nice to know when you're aiming at an elevated green and you can't see the pin location on the green. The card can tell you it's back left so I can be a little short and right and have a birdie putt

Hole layout is most important to me, especially when playing an unfamiliar course. Beyond that, most cards seem more than adequate for score keeping.

I like seeing the course layout on the card and any local rules. And prefer it has 6 scoring lines. (allows me to keep some stats while I play so I can transfer when I get home.)

Back