Anyone played Cabot Cliffs?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trying to work to pin down final routing and details on our July road trip vacation to the northeast. We've debated rerouting a bit and going further into Canada and spending time in Nova Scotia instead of Maine. If I'm going that far, I feel like I want to just throw my clubs in the car and try to get on Cabot Cliffs while we are there. It sounds absolutely amazing and I don't know if I could live with myself if I didn't get to try while I'm there but I frankly find this course to be quite a bit intimidating.

Has anyone here played there or know people who have? I'm just curious if I would have any issues getting on as a single and if people I may or may not get paired with would end up being far better players than I am. It clearly sounds like this is a hardcore golf destination place with as highly rated as the courses are. They may be completely booked at this point but it is a pretty rural destination.

Trying to work to pin down final routing and details on our July road trip vacation to the northeast. We've debated rerouting a bit and going further into Canada and spending time in Nova Scotia instead of Maine. If I'm going that far, I feel like I want to just throw my clubs in the car and try to get on Cabot Cliffs while we are there. It sounds absolutely amazing and I don't know if I could live with myself if I didn't get to try while I'm there but I frankly find this course to be quite a bit intimidating.

Has anyone here played there or know people who have? I'm just curious if I would have any issues getting on as a single and if people I may or may not get paired with would end up being far better players than I am. It clearly sounds like this is a hardcore golf destination place with as highly rated as the courses are. They may be completely booked at this point but it is a pretty rural destination.
Have yet to have the pleasure. But thinking if you ask ahead of time they could maybe pair you up with some locals to show you around. The course is amazing on my list to play. Excited to see your photos, have an amazing trip

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Cabot Cliffs is on my list too. Along with Fox Harb’r down in Nova Scotia. Highlands Links was a really nice course too when I played it maybe 15 years ago. Was a heck of a walk though

consistently ranked #1 Course in the entire country

$295+tax CAD walk-on in July

I played both Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links last July, and both courses were great. Cabot Cliffs was especially outstanding and lives up to its high ratings. I am an aging senior golfer with a 10-12 handicap, and I didn't feel out of place on Cabot Cliffs. In fact, I was able to birdie holes 16 and 18 to finish on a high note.

I was paired with a couple who were excellent golfers, and I played from the same tees as the woman while the man in the couple played from further back. Other golfers on the course tended to be serious about the game, but of varying skill levels. On Cabot Links, I played as a single with a caddie but was not paired with any other golfers. You can take a caddie, carry your clubs, or push a cart, depending on your preferences, but you should have a lot of fun as long as you play from the correct tees for your length and skill level.

Also, Cape Breton Island was wonderful, with warm people, great seafood chowder, and beautiful sunsets. It was definitely worth the trip!

I played both Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links last July, and both courses were great. Cabot Cliffs was especially outstanding and lives up to its high ratings. I am an aging senior golfer with a 10-12 handicap, and I didn't feel out of place on Cabot Cliffs. In fact, I was able to birdie holes 16 and 18 to finish on a high note.

I was paired with a couple who were excellent golfers, and I played from the same tees as the woman while the man in the couple played from further back. Other golfers on the course tended to be serious about the game, but of varying skill levels. On Cabot Links, I played as a single with a caddie but was not paired with any other golfers. You can take a caddie, carry your clubs, or push a cart, depending on your preferences, but you should have a lot of fun as long as you play from the correct tees for your length and skill level.

Also, Cape Breton Island was wonderful, with warm people, great seafood chowder, and beautiful sunsets. It was definitely worth the trip!

Thanks for the info. That really helps a lot. I'll certain reach out to them and see what I can do. It will be the middle of the week when we are there. Looks like a Monday through a Wednesday as we plot out driving times from Ohio to there. Might be able to stretch the day out to Thursday.

I haven't played the courses, but you're in Eastern Canada so you couldn't be in a friendlier place. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if you wound up paired with someone who offered you back to their place for a lobster dinner after your round.

Take advantage of the 30 cent dollar and enjoy some of the prettiest landscape Canada has to offer. Just be prepared to operate on a slower pace than you're accustomed to - out east there is no sense of urgency which is the way it should be.

Make sure to post up some pictures when you're done!

Back