casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
Freddie will pop in and help you.

I don’t wanna muddle this up too much, but with Freddie being overseas for another few days, he may not get to this immediately. If you don’t hear anything for a week, maybe give this a bump and he’ll get to it.

Hello:
I just want to drop my humble opinion about video. It is about second half of swing, i.e. after hitting the ball until finish. Can you stretch out your right hand and arm further forward, so that entire arc after striking ball will be bigger and longer? Please try to make right arm to be horizontal and parallel to the ground, and finish with lifting the club higher. Thanks.

Tough to say with the vid. Might need a few more angles.

From what I can see, a lot is good. However the club points too far right at the top of the backswing, and your tempo might be a bit fast. But that is a personal thing, so hard to say there.

Additionally, it’s hard to see how much your hips are playing a role. That was my problem for a long time and it still plagues me at times. The lower body should lead the upper body in the downswing.

I will go back up the range when i have some time, I'll even try get some videos on course tomorrow if its quiet, side angle and head on angle, is there a particular club I some use when filming

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Swing changes just before our golf weekend......brave man :D

No no lol, I'm going to wait until I'm back and really put the work in, get some lessons again now that I'm playing more, I should hopefully iron out some things this season,

Swing help

Based on your last video I’m not sure what you want me to say. You have a solid setup, good swing and has some good tempo. I could give you tips but it would undo what you have and become frustrating especially since I can’t be hands on.
You might want to look into a lower launching shaft or lower spinning heads in your woods. I rarely recommend equipment to get the results needed but you really have a sound swing. Is it tour ready, no but it can get you around the course quite well. If you learn some shots and dial in that short game, you could collect a few schelkes from the boys when you play.

Edit: give yourself a little more forward press at address. Hold this press throughout the swing and it will be there at impact. Results will be a lower more penetrating ball flight.
Your tendency will be to add tension to hold the angle, don’t do that. Just trust it and try to feel it.

5d12c7961ec3e6409b46225f6b8a9c69.jpg

dffbf5c06736f5ceed4af2c124d59dcb.jpg

3eb9192123e26b0f27d8738031425821.jpg

This is gmac from today at the Irish open. He holds the forward press as good as anyone on tour. This a 40yd pitch so the speed isn’t close to a full swing. But I promise you from lob to driver the action is the same.

Based on your last video I’m not sure what you want me to say. You have a solid setup, good swing and has some good tempo. I could give you tips but it would undo what you have and become frustrating especially since I can’t be hands on.
You might want to look into a lower launching shaft or lower spinning heads in your woods. I rarely recommend equipment to get the results needed but you really have a sound swing. Is it tour ready, no but it can get you around the course quite well. If you learn some shots and dial in that short game, you could collect a few schelkes from the boys when you play.

Edit: give yourself a little more forward press at address. Hold this press throughout the swing and it will be there at impact. Results will be a lower more penetrating ball flight.
Your tendency will be to add tension to hold the angle, don’t do that. Just trust it and try to feel it.

5d12c7961ec3e6409b46225f6b8a9c69.jpg

dffbf5c06736f5ceed4af2c124d59dcb.jpg

3eb9192123e26b0f27d8738031425821.jpg

This is gmac from today at the Irish open. He holds the forward press as good as anyone on tour. This a 40yd pitch so the speed isn’t close to a full swing. But I promise you from lob to driver the action is the same.

Thank you mate for the advice I'll work on that, i was told the same thing in my lessons last year you saying that reminded me,
I was on the 8th when I read your post and was trying as you said, off the tee was more penetrating flight and didnt roll out as much as i thought it would but on the ground i pulled left I little,

Back