Spikes or spikeless?

I'm spikeless 99% of the time now, my Eccos are amazing. I walk every round I play aside from the occasional tournament, and switching to spikeless has cut down on some back and foot soreness I got earlier in the year. There's only been one occasion where my foot slipped during a swing and I wished I was wearing spikes and that was because I had just walked through some deep mud.

100% spiked. I wish metal was still allowed at most courses, especially on wet days.

Soft Spikes on my FootJoy golf sandals. Best of both worlds for this guy.

If I lived somewhere with a drier climate I may be tempted to try spikeless, but here in the UK I have only ever worn spikes, especially after my dad told me a story about a guy who used to play until he forgot his shoes one day and dislocated his knee when he hit a tee shot (and this was on a dry summer day)

I know spikeless shoes have come a long way in terms of traction but I feel more comfortable in spikes

I also feel that spikeless shoes have a limited lifespan with the soles wearing down, but you can always replaces spikes as and when required so I feel I would get more life out of a pair of spikes over spikeless

Every now and then when I hit on the range without putting on my spiked golf shoes I am very quickly reminded of how much stability I am missing. Sure it could be a matter of my swing not being as balanced as it should be but I cannot even imagine playing my best with spikeless. I don't think I am sacrificing much comfort either so don't see the downside.

Tennis/running shoes most days. Love the comfort and the fact that I don't need to change shoes before or after a round.

I've been converted over the past year. Now it is spikeless unless it is a little wet out. Just love how light and comfortable they are.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am wanting to go spikeless but the stories of the wearing out in a season scare me away.

I wish I could just put spikes in my sneakers. Then id be golden.

I am wanting to go spikeless but the stories of the wearing out in a season scare me away.

I wish I could just put spikes in my sneakers. Then id be golden.

This would be a big reason for me not to go spikeless, even if the climate here was suited to it. At least with a pair of spiked shoes you can replace the spikes as and when they wear out and it is a lot cheaper than a new pair of shoes

I must remember to pick up another packet of spare spikes as the Puma and Callaway shoes I have use different types.....one thing I didn't look at when I picked up the Callaway as a second pair was what type of spikes they use.....doh...!

This would be a big reason for me not to go spikeless, even if the climate here was suited to it. At least with a pair of spiked shoes you can replace the spikes as and when they wear out and it is a lot cheaper than a new pair of shoes

I must remember to pick up another packet of spare spikes as the Puma and Callaway shoes I have use different types.....one thing I didn't look at when I picked up the Callaway as a second pair was what type of spikes they use.....doh...!

Which Cally shoes you wear?

Which Cally shoes you wear?

I will have to check later when I get home as I honestly couldn't tell you what they are called off the top of my head - I may have posted a picture of them somewhere on here when I bought them earlier this year, but that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack

They were pretty comfortable straight out of the box though which was a big plus point, no breaking in required like the Puma shoes I got which rubbed in a few places initially

Will let you know later

Just remembered to check the shoes, they are Callaway Cheviot shoes

Went spikeless this year and I'll never go back.

I have a gone mostly spikeless , but still enjoy wearing my Footjoy M Project Spikes and when it is muddy out, I wear my TW 13's. I have been eyeing either some Puma spikeless or the Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 spikeless. Love my other Ecco shoes.

So, I wore spikes yesterday for the first time in literally over a year....and I loved it. Traction galore for my violent move, makes me eye the upcoming Puma's something fierce.

I've got both spiked and spikeless shoes, but find myself mainly wearing spikeless as I prefer the ease of not having to change my shoes when I get to the course and then again when I leave the course.

I've also found that my spikeless shoes do a pretty dang good job of keeping my feet where they should be when it's wet out.

So, I wore spikes yesterday for the first time in literally over a year....and I loved it. Traction galore for my violent move, makes me eye the upcoming Puma's something fierce.

Which spikes? Liking the PUMA stuff and the TW Nikes. I need comfortable.

I used to go spike of spikeless depending on conditions. Lately, even on dry days, I've been leaning toward the soft spikes. The grip from spikes gives me a great feeling throughout my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a total of 8 pairs of spikeless shoes in the two locations where I work. That's because I also use them for my work. Their durability and waterproof quality are great for when I'm in construction sites.

I have one spiked pair which I got as a freebie in a tournament.

The brands are mizuno, Oakley, Nike, FJ, ashworth, and Ecco.

Count me in on the spikeless ... I like wearing my shoes to and from the course ... like many others on wet days I change to my "golf shoes" as they keep my feet dryer.

I've definitely rocked both and still have a couple pairs of spikeless shoes. Honestly though, I've got two pairs of TW14s and those are what I've been wearing the most by far. I know they're not the most popular pair, but they are super comfortable for me, so they get a lot of use.

Spring and fall golf are spikes, summer is spikeless (usually).

Spike less for me. So much more comfortable and I like going from work to the course and not having to change shoes.

Heavy rain/extremely wet conditions I will wear spikes.

Back