The Official 2018-2019 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

dwchockey13

Reaction score
Handicap
8.3 GHIN
Well, some team won the Cup for the first time ever (congratulations it only took 40+ years). Now it is time to leave those memories in the rearview mirror and look to next season (Thank god!).

We just finished up the NHL Awards show, and Free agency starts July 1st.

This where we will debate all things hockey and more...

Who is ready for hockey season to be back!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

I am. There's nothing to watch Monday-Wednesday.
BTW: Sabres get Rasmus Dahlin and are foolishly shopping O'Reilly.
At least they can't get any worse standings-wise.

I am. There's nothing to watch Monday-Wednesday.
BTW: Sabres get Rasmus Dahlin and are foolishly shopping O'Reilly.
At least they can't get any worse standings-wise.

So what did you think about Vegas? Fluke season or can they sustain that and get to the playoffs again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what did you think about Vegas? Fluke season or can they sustain that and get to the playoffs again?

I think they've a solid team, great coach and a good GM.
They make the playoffs again but they won't be as good next year IMO.

I think they've a solid team, great coach and a good GM.
They make the playoffs again but they won't be as good next year IMO.

Don’t they still get a top draft pick though? I think they may struggle a bit. Teams never got to see the Vegas top forwards because in their old teams they were buried in the 3rd and 4th lines. Now they know how good they are and will adjust accordingly. I hope I’m wrong though.

86b62022055e1f52f52355b77c0202b0.jpg

Look back at the thread last year.... the fans of the team that won were respectful... of
Course caps fans wouldn’t be respectful

Look back at the thread last year.... the fans of the team that won were respectful... of

How is this not being respectful? The Caps won and I would be considered a bad fan if I didn’t let you all know every single day!!!!

How is this not being respectful? The Caps won and I would be considered a bad fan if I didn’t let you all know every single day!!!!

If you want to relive the glory days go back in the old thread before you get muted

If you want to relive the glory days go back in the old thread before you get muted

d56d166fca834752f4799b5c46922046.jpg

Look at you trying to be all tough, your probably wearing pastels also

Don’t they still get a top draft pick though? I think they may struggle a bit. Teams never got to see the Vegas top forwards because in their old teams they were buried in the 3rd and 4th lines. Now they know how good they are and will adjust accordingly. I hope I’m wrong though.

Vegas' first pick isn't until #61.
They'll still be good, but I just don't think they'll be able to do what they did last season. Just my opinion though. I was wrong about them all last year too. Lol

Vegas' first pick isn't until #61.
They'll still be good, but I just don't think they'll be able to do what they did last season. Just my opinion though. I was wrong about them all last year too. Lol

It’s going to be an interesting offseason for them. They have to have a ton of cap space with some of the expiring contracts they took on. Curious to see if they take runs at some big names like Tavares or Carlson.

I'm not sure if you guys are buddies and are just playin', but if not geez let the man celebrate. If the Nucks ever win I'm gonna tattoo Lord Stanley on my forehead lol.

I'm not sure if you guys are buddies and are just playin', but if not geez let the man celebrate. If the Nucks ever win I'm gonna tattoo Lord Stanley on my forehead lol.

Oh we’re good friends. And he sends me an Instagram DM every day if something caps related. He’s lucky Vegas or Tampa didn’t win...

I would expect nothing less from a superfan regardless of how annoying it is ?

It’s going to be an interesting offseason for them. They have to have a ton of cap space with some of the expiring contracts they took on. Curious to see if they take runs at some big names like Tavares or Carlson.

I forgot how much cap space they have. They could definitely make a splash in FA. I can't see Carlson going there after beating them in the cup finals. I think Tavares is gonna stay somewhere on the east coast, maybe even Toronto.

Oh we’re good friends. And he sends me an Instagram DM every day if something caps related. He’s lucky Vegas or Tampa didn’t win...

All of these are true statements Hahahaha

We have fun ?

Now I want the Canucks to win the cup. I've already took a screen shot of this post in case Army forgets. Lol!

Now I want the Canucks to win the cup. I've already took a screen shot of this post in case Army forgets. Lol!
By the time it happens I might be too old to survive the procedure lol

Hahaha all in good fun man but thanks for the support!!!

On vacation and made a stop in Jersey to stay with a family that my wife used to babysit for and this is their basement set up...

c9543e25f49fc1284ca43fd57d93b2f3.jpg

86ae36256fca195805d0dbf53ed27e3d.jpg

Needless to say I took many shots while getting beers from the beer fridge ?

I forgot how much cap space they have. They could definitely make a splash in FA. I can't see Carlson going there after beating them in the cup finals. I think Tavares is gonna stay somewhere on the east coast, maybe even Toronto.

I think Tarves stays with the Islanders. What Vegas does with their Karlsson will be interesting. RFA with arbitration rights that didn’t do anything until last year and put up 40 with a shooting percentage that is the anomaly and not the norm. Maybe a sign and trade with both Karlssons involved?

I sense a bit of butt hurt already in this thread! What gives?? BTW ... Caps won the Cup in case you forgot!

I sense a bit of butt hurt already in this thread! What gives?? BTW ... Caps won the Cup in case you forgot!

No Butt hurt here. I rocked the red.

Back