Deadsquiggles

Shank Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
For anyone that replaced the M2 with the M4, was there a huge difference in performance that made the gain worth it such as improved launch, spin, distance, or dispersion? I would really like an M4 but I’m considering picking up an M2 with the same specs and shaft since they’re so much cheaper now. Would be even better if someone compared the M2 D-Type and M4 D-Type. Regardless, I really wanna see if something can kick my troublesome F7 out the bag.

Nobody?

I've hit them all (2016 M1&2, 2017 M1&2, M3, and M4-as well as all other OEM's offerings the past several years). I'm not sold on Twist Face tech at all. Maybe I'm the only one that can hit a high toe slice but it didn't help me at all. Of the group my favorite is the 2016 430 M1. Not a ton of forgiveness but hit on the screws will out distance the rest, at least for me.

If I were you I'd probably go with the M2 given the choices you outlined. Don't rule out the 2016 model either if you find one to spec that is significantly cheaper. They're all very good clubs.

I have an M3 that I got for half a song that I'd have already sold except for my kid fell in love with it. I also gamed a 2016 M1 430 for a year and a half before I hit an Epic SZ. That was the end of my multi year love fest with TM drivers. Demo'd a regular Rogue and it's even better so I'm glad that I didn't hit the Rogue SZ before the tax bill came due this year, otherwise I'm sure I'd be playing that.

The M series is my favorite looking driver but if I wouldn't have been scared of the fact that I could only loft the Callaway drivers down to 8* prior to hitting one, it might have been supplanted long ago. I liked that I could get down to 6.5* with the TM products. Callaway still outperformed those for me. Since that wasn't the question, I'd say go M2. Any additional performance is likely to be very small. I don't like the feel of the M3/M4 either. With the M1/M2 that wasn't a concern. They felt great. M3/M4 has a very hard feel to them. Similar to my old Cobra Amp Cell driver. Just never felt like I was compressing a ball with them. That's what the 3/4 feels like to me. Results beg to differ but they feel very hard.

Yeah my miss is that high toe slice too. There's a 90% chance that if I hit the toe, I left the face open too. Sounds like it'd be worth going with the M2. Although I have to say, personally, I loved the feel of the M4 compared to my F7. Sounds like I'm shopping for a M2 D-Type in my spare time now. Thanks

That's the choice I'd make and it's nice to find another hi toe slicer. The D Type, you're on your own with though, lol. I can miss 2 ways now but the vast majority go left with the swing change I completed 3 years ago. Prior it was straight or right. Now I can miss both sides. I see a lot more of the course now that's for sure.

Yeah I went ahead and got the regular M2. That way if I clean up my swing, I won’t constantly miss to the left.

Back