Ping crossover hybrid 3 iron

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone bought and used this club? I saw the 3 iron in the used club section for $170 and it felt great!! Nice weight and I was hitting them as long as my 3 wood. Any feedback is appreciated!

d06182a0ca0a64e91922610f3f8e9a77.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 5 crossover and it’s in my garage until I get around to selling it.

They have a huge sweet spot and really crush the ball but I found them incredibly clunky and awkward if that makes sense. Could never get in any rhythm with it even on the range. Then again if you’ve had your hands on it and like how it sets up and swings then go for it because it definitely performs.

I have the 5 crossover and it’s in my garage until I get around to selling it.

They have a huge sweet spot and really crush the ball but I found them incredibly clunky and awkward if that makes sense. Could never get in any rhythm with it even on the range. Then again if you’ve had your hands on it and like how it sets up and swings then go for it because it definitely performs.

It looks a lot different than what I’m used to but man does it sail a ball out there! A little pricy though but I’m keeping this on the radar. I’d love to get one on a range for a while though. Wonder if PING has a test drive program.

I found some days I hit it beautifully and some days didn’t. So I sold it.

Ping crossover hybrid 3 iron

I was thinking of grabbing one to fill a gap at the top of my irons into my hybrid, was looking for a specific distance gap. Went with a Rapture v2 5i with the factory graphite shaft for $50. Better alternative and slips in seamlessly with my i25’s (replaces my 4i/5i) .

I really liked my G crossover except I found it to struggle in the rough (I'm usually in the rough)
Now I have a MP-18 Fly-hi which is about 5yds shorter but much better out of the rough.

My Crossover is in the marketplace.

Back