Skytrak or GC2/HMT/FSX. Can’t decide which one for the sim build.

Also GC2 vs SkyTrak - I have both, and the HMT. Choose SkyTrak only if you simply can't push funds that much. It's a great unit, but GC2 is just painfree and never leaves you scratching your head whether the read was good or not.

JNPG is put down by retailers of high cost sims and is moderated out of posts on golf sim forum as it's competition for TGC - an underlying product of the site (and nearly everyone we know who plays JNPG has been banned from posting anyway, even if they have lifetime TGC sim licenses). But what I can can tell you is a large number of those on JNPG's tour came over from TGC (maybe 100 or so?), including many of its former ambassadors, and one went the other way. But he's back now too.

Last edited:
Wow boys,
JNPG looks really good without the big price tag. It has all the features I’m looking for in practice and sim play.
Any drawbacks you guys can think of with using it with the gc2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PG is still selling new licenses for the Generic Sim pass which is what the GC2 uses. I would also pay the money for the better connection software from the OGT guys (I am not affiliated with them just a tour member).

Just to confirm what others said JNPG is good but you won't find anything about it said on GSF. I own TGC and was banned a couple weeks ago. I sent several messages and emails asking for a reason for my banning and am still waiting for a response. Maybe he will see this post and let me know what I did wrong. More than happy to be a good citizen and contribute on that forum again.

My 2 cents:
1) E6 is not available on the gc2 UNLESS you use the Protee backdoor. You basically are tricking E6 into thinking you have a Protee launch monitor. Nothing wrong with that but realize you need TGC then to buy E6. Also heard E6 connect isn't out for Protee yet.

2) PG currently of the software I own is my sim software of choice (I own TGC, PG, and FSX, I sold my Copy of FR1 and Creative Golf has a pretty cool free demo that has some games I play with my kids on it). The reasons I like PG currently best are:
- High quality recreations of courses. If the course was created using LIDAR, its scary accurate. I have been building my home course in PG and it blows me away how good the slopes and elevations are. Courses are also tested before they get released on ogt, so you don't get too many duds.
- Multiple Tees
- Team play - you can play greensome, alt shot, and scrambles. My favorite is 2 vs 2 scramble skins.
- PG has an online tour with team events (cost is $20 per season, two seasons per year). You can play in 2 man scrambles and 4 man scramble events against others.
- Through OGT it has game improvement options with combines for all the shots (approach, driver, full combine etc).
- Practice mode- drop a ball on any course and hit any shot you want to practice.

3) TGC is good but hasn't been updated in a while. We basically have missed an entire version of the game as TGC2 never came to sim. Its still excellent and there are things I prefer in TGC than PG. I like the scout cam, the announcer, the ball tracer, better in TGC than PG. I don't like that I have to hunt through the courses to find decent ones. Lots of junk. I am keeping my copy of TGC and will see what TGC2019 has to offer. Although we can still buy PG1 we don't know what Trackman's plan is. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to buy both PG and TGC. I doubt that when TGC2019 comes out, it will still cost only $700. It will likely go back to $1k or maybe more. The price was probably dropped because it was older software. TGC2 has been out while now and its not available and won't be available for sim. I also think if PG is no longer offered, TGC might be tempted to raise their price as the only competition at the similar price level is PG.

You are going to love your sim. I expected to use mine as a range 90% of the time and 10% for sim. Its been the opposite. I use mine for sim 95% of the time and only 5% for range practice.

Regarding the skytrak vs gc2 Couple things to add even though it sounds like you made up your mind:
1) Several have upgraded to the gc2 from a skytrak. I haven't heard one person say it was a rip off and sold the gc2 and decided to keep their skytrack. There is a value difference not just price.
2) Spin on short shots I think is still not working on skytrak. For pitches the spin is limited to 1500 or something in TGC. I could be wrong on that. You might want to verify.
3) Skytrak is a killer deal for the price and can't be beat dollar for dollar. However, that is the only reason I see to pick a skytrak over a gc2.
4) I have HMT. I like it but I could easily go without it. THe gc2, I couldn't live without. Much easier to justify the 4.3k for a used gc2 vs the 4k for a used HMT
5) THat bundle from foresight with a gc2, hmt, and laptop with fsx for 10k is pretty good (hopefully its available up there). I would HIGHLY recommend trying to talk them into giving you their desktop instead. Laptops don't seem to survive as well as desktop for gaming in sim rooms. The software is pretty intensive and laptops are harder to cool and built in bluetooth on laptops seems to really wreak havoc with connecting to the gc2 for TGC and PG.

Good luck with your purchase!

I too agree with everything Stingreye said.
Try jnpg and for sure Ogt. I haven't been banned yet on Gsf, but have had multiple posts taken down that were critical of TGC or praise for jnpg. He's quite biased as he sells TGC.
I did months of research before buying jnpg and have zero regrets.
You'll have a blast either way.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Great stuff. I’m going to talk to the boys at Par2Pro about this. I’m thinking I’ll forget about the HMT (for now) and go this route. Unfortunately I’m stuck to a laptop and this is a garage build and I need the mobility.

I might have just dropped my initial build by $6000 by going this route.

A lot of spread out info about getting set up. I might be giving you guys some PM’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did ok not going after a shot until I forgot that I wasn't supposed to go after a shot. Once I forgot my clubhead would smack the ceiling every time. I'm 5'11" and this was with a wedge on 9' ceilings. My advice is to get the skytrak, and raise a 2' wide patch at least 18" in your ceiling. You'll still come out ahead. Even if a rookie wrecks your first skytrak. 9' just isn't enough. You might think it is but you'll very soon forget that you have those limits and want to go after something.

Agree. Also have a Skytrack, Even 10' ceilings aren't near enough for me for anything other than a wedge at 6'3". Otherwise I hit it nearly every time. I have moved mine outside with a net until I get mine raised up to at least 12'. I have no idea how people manage to play in 8-9' ceilings with anything more than a putter. T-Rex length arms?

I think 10' is absolute minimum for people under 6' and still tight and will probably restrict your movements subconsciously with Driver.. Over 6' you will need at least 11' to not be restricted. 11-12' is ideal.

Most people are hitting off a mat or platform which also raises you another 1.5-2.5" and clubs are 3-4' long.

Last edited:
Ordered everything today. Went gc2 with JPNG. 1070 graphics card with new laptop, projector and retractable impact screen and retractable side blackout curtains for my shanks.
It’s gonna be amazing.

Ordered everything today. Went gc2 with JPNG. 1070 graphics card with new laptop, projector and retractable impact screen and retractable side blackout curtains for my shanks.
It’s gonna be amazing.

YES! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s gonna be amazing.
Oh man that is so awesome!!!! You are officially living the dream my friend!

I'll play with you this fall, as I haven't used mine since my real course opened. But all winter I play everyday.
Plan on playing more Ogt tournaments. Make sure you sign up. You get a lot of free courses once you are a member. And the company is top notch!
It’s gonna be amazing.

I'll play with you this fall, as I haven't used mine since my real course opened. But all winter I play everyday.
Plan on playing more Ogt tournaments. Make sure you sign up. You get a lot of free courses once you are a member. And the company is top notch!

Sounds great. I’m really impressed with JNPG and OGT. Perfect combo of practice and play. The OGT guys on Discord have been amazing helping me get this far.

Sounds great. I’m really impressed with JNPG and OGT. Perfect combo of practice and play. The OGT guys on Discord have been amazing helping me get this far.

Congrats Rusty. Look forward to seeing you on the tour! The OGT group are a very helpful and fun group.

It’s gonna be amazing.

Congrats!! I can't wait to see how it comes out.

GC2, projector and laptop came today. Cory from par2pro ordered my sportscreen and impact screen. Shouldn’t be more than a couple of weeks.
Loaded JNPG up on the laptop. Paid the annual sim pass.
I’ll post some pics when it’s all done and running.
Did a few chips with the gc2. It’s pretty cool. Can’t believe I actually own one finally.

Sounds like I need to have some car trouble in Kelowna next time I'm driving through hehe.
GC2, projector and laptop came today. Cory from par2pro ordered my sportscreen and impact screen. Shouldn’t be more than a couple of weeks.
Loaded JNPG up on the laptop. Paid the annual sim pass.
I’ll post some pics when it’s all done and running.
Did a few chips with the gc2. It’s pretty cool. Can’t believe I actually own one finally.

Back