Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

My game was suffering with the 588 MT & TT's and Custom driver in the bag I couldn't get within 10 of my handicap, I couldn't find a green or a fairway most of my iron shots I was missing short and right and my driver turned into a slice machine and my short game was hopeless, so I put the Altitudes back in the bag plus the Smart Sole C and my old faithful Callaway X Hot 13.5HT driver. And first round back shot 3 under my handicap never missed a fairway and I chipped and putted well. Thank God I didn't get rid of these amazaning clubs :)

I pretty much did the same thing Aussie. I brought my Cleveland bag back on-line cause I was just not feeling it with my other set. I have the 5 through SW on alts, but playing with the 4-6 Cleveland Black hybrids. Those clubs are beats. I may play with the 5/6 Alt and 5/6 alts, but either way will be fine.

My game was suffering with the 588 MT & TT's and Custom driver in the bag I couldn't get within 10 of my handicap, I couldn't find a green or a fairway most of my iron shots I was missing short and right and my driver turned into a slice machine and my short game was hopeless, so I put the Altitudes back in the bag plus the Smart Sole C and my old faithful Callaway X Hot 13.5HT driver. And first round back shot 3 under my handicap never missed a fairway and I chipped and putted well. Thank God I didn't get rid of these amazaning clubs :)

We have a very similar bag.
Since switching to the Tudes and the Smart Sole wedges my scoring avg has gone from 89 to 85. No lessons, and less practice. Go figure.

I even had the XHot 13.5 driver like you. It was a good one too. Just prefer the looks of Ping drivers better. Nice bag setup you got there

I want a 4 Altitude something bad!!!!

We have a very similar bag.
Since switching to the Tudes and the Smart Sole wedges my scoring avg has gone from 89 to 85. No lessons, and less practice. Go figure.

I even had the XHot 13.5 driver like you. It was a good one too. Just prefer the looks of Ping drivers better. Nice bag setup you got there

I have the Smart Sole S also but I find I get better results with the Rotex II CB, I also have a 12* 588 Altitude driver as well as the 10.5* 588 Custom driver but I wasn't hitting either of them well, I even switced from the Srixon Q Star ball to the Bridgestone E6 to help me hit straighter with them but it didn't help much either, they were certainly long but not very accurate for me the X Hot 13.5 isn't as long but I very rarely miss a fairway with it.

Looking for feedback from those that have played these with C Taper Lites and what the difference was. I have these in stock graphite and LOVE THEM but I do sometimes loose them in my back swing and that a heavier shaft would help. Would not mind lowering the flight A LITTLE but not too much. I have a set of clubs that I bought with CTL's that I may just pull and use those and sell the heads. Of course if anyone has a set with CTL's the are not using maybe we can talk. Id' love to try one. Thanks!!

So thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread!! I made it half way through the thread before I had a set on order and joined THP.. you guys crack me up!! Thanks again!!

Glad the thread could assist.

Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

So thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread!! I made it half way through the thread before I had a set on order and joined THP.. you guys crack me up!! Thanks again!!

You won't regret it I have tried just about every super game improvement irons both previous and present and haven't found anything as good as the Altitudes I also have a Combo set of Cleveland 588 MT & TT's and I score much better using the Altitudes. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these clubs when you get to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You won't regret it I have tried just about every super game improvement irons both previous and present and haven't found anything as good as the Altitudes I also have a Combo set of Cleveland 588 MT & TT's and I score much better using the Altitudes.

I may be just a little excited after reading all the success stories. I haven't exactly loved my Super S set and couldn't find these in town to test, but I have high hopes (fingers crossed).

Clubs arrive Monday!!wooooot!!!

I may be just a little excited after reading all the success stories. I haven't exactly loved my Super S set and couldn't find these in town to test, but I have high hopes (fingers crossed).

Clubs arrive Monday!!wooooot!!!

A friend of mine had the Super S I had a hit with them I didn't mind the 3&4 Hybrids but didn't like the Irons, my friend tried my Altitudes and loved them he ended up keeping the 3&4 Hybrids and buying 5-PW Altitudes.

Hi guys! I registered just to reply to this thread :)
I'm a new golfer, just started at the end of this season. Have been looking at GI irons, and came across these in a local store. The last set they have, demo clubs 5-PW, and the guy said that the line has been discontinued. I'm very tempted to just buy them, but I would like to have 4-DW in graphite (rh), so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows about a webshop that sell them, ships to/within Europe, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg ^_^

Cheer!
/ Fredrik

Last edited:
I sure dont Fredrik. Good luck with them though, they are fantastic clubs.
And welcome to THP.

Hi guys! I registered just to reply to this thread :)
I'm a new golfer, just started at the end of this season. Have been looking at GI irons, and came across these in a local store. The last set they have, demo clubs 5-PW, and the guy said that the line has been discontinued. I'm very tempted to just buy them, but I would like to have 4-DW in graphite (rh), so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows about a webshop that sell them, ships to/within Europe, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg ^_^

Cheer!
/ Fredrik

Did you check with Rockbottomgolf?
I know they will ship overseas and they had about the best price around (that's if they still have some in stock).

Lets just say I was a club ho with irons. Bought the Altitudes back in May and haven't looked back. So easy to launch and super straight.

Thanks!
Yeah, I did check Rockbottom, and they have a nice price on 6-DW in senior flex. I've found a 5-PW at a good price on ebay though, and have sent off a message to the seller, inquiring if shipping to Sweden might be possible. Keeping my fingers crossed for a yes there. If so then I'll buy that set and look for getting additional clubs on the side.

About halfway through this thread now ^_^

I just pulled the trigger on that set. I hope the seller doesn't mind that I committed to the purchase before I got an answer about the shipping hehehe.
Anyway, I have a friend in the same country who can be the middle man if it's a problem to just send it to me directly...

Hopefully they work out well for you. They definitely changed the way I approached the game.

Moving on to a different set, I am definitely keeping the 4i and 5i in the bag, I just love them so much.

Hopefully they work out well for you. They definitely changed the way I approached the game.

Moving on to a different set, I am definitely keeping the 4i and 5i in the bag, I just love them so much.

I still play the 5 and 6 myself.

I still play the 3 4 5&6 haven't found anything better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After analyzing my play this season, I came to the conclusion that one of my weak spots is from 150-200 yards. Some of it is technique but a lot is I just don't have enough options to hit consistent 160, 170, 180, 190 yard shots. So, after going back through a bunch of threads (including this one - again), I just picked up the 5 and 6.

Haven't received them yet, but I'm psyched to try them out!

I also wondered for those of you still gaming these longer irons, what shaft & flex are you using?

I am using the stock Steel shafts in them.

The 4 iron is my go-to club from the fairway an any approaches that need a dead straight ball flight. It really opened my eyes one day when we were playing a couple par 3 holes, 180-200 yards, and I started using the 4i instead of my hybrids. Dead straight, right on target. Hybrids I would always have to play a fade on them, and then it was 50/50 if I could get close to my target.

4/5 and even 6 for me just became something I looked forward to hitting, instead of dreading them. I struggled early in the year getting the ball up in the air, until putting the Altitudes back into my bag. Within 2 holes my issues went away.

Every time I read about the Altitudes I think they'd be perfect for me, but my mind block against hitting hybrids has always kept my ponder in check.

Back