What the heck is wrong with Smylie Kaufman?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I noticed earlier this week he's played in 20 events and only made 3 cuts. This week, another missed cut with the worst score in the field.

What happened? Too much spring break?

I noticed earlier this week he's played in 20 events and only made 3 cuts. This week, another missed cut with the worst score in the field.

What happened? Too much spring break?

Too much natty ice

Sent from HTX

I have no info, but it makes me wonder if it's another case of getting too technical searching for something (such as Luke Donald trying to change his swing to get more distance) and ruining what he naturally does as a result.

He got married.

He started hanging with Bowditch.

Not sure but having been inside the ropes with him for a round a few years back im not a fan.

Not sure but having been inside the ropes with him for a round a few years back im not a fan.

You have my full attention - what happened?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have my full attention - what happened?!

Without too much detail he was extremely childish to the fans. Came across as a real ass hat. And didnt acknowledge any of the volunteers post round like every other golfer did.

Without too much detail he was extremely childish to the fans. Came across as a real ass hat. And didnt acknowledge any of the volunteers post round like every other golfer did.

Not the way to become a fan favorite. Sounds like a clown.

As a fan and volunteer, not cool.

The Good - He broke 80 today at the Greenbrier

The Bad - He's only 17 shots out of 1st place after day 1

The Ugly - WD

The trials and tribulations of Smylie continue.......................

The Good - He broke 80 today at the Greenbrier

The Bad - He's only 17 shots out of 1st place after day 1

The Ugly - WD

The trials and tribulations of Smylie continue.......................

JB posted that the PGA released a statement that he withdrew due to an elbow injury.

Didn’t he get married....that might be the answer if he did.

e22b96589cb13ff23c77265c79cc4d8e.png

Sent from HTX

Just noticed he withdrew after shooting a 79(+9) worst score in the field on what seems like a pretty gettable course.
I don't wish an injury on anyone but I hope his play lately might be injury related and can be fixed a little easier than his head.

Back