Peyton Manning - the next Drew Bledsoe?

Peyton Manning - the next Drew Bledsoe?

• He's put on IR & never sees the field again

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • He is declared ready to play & barring injury to Osweiler, never sees the field again

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • He is declared ready to play,starts & is yanked, never sees the field again

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • He is declared ready to play, starts & finishes the season as the Broncos QB

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Peyton who?

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Wakit300

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.0
I'm not a Broncos fan (actually a Steelers fan living in the Denver metro area) and am not saying that Brock Osweiler is the next Tom Brady BUT I am seeing a similarity in the QB situation in Denver and what happened in Foxboro in 2001. What is your opinion on Osweiler & Manning in Denver?

I think he takes a mulligan on this year and tries it again next year!

I don't really fit with any of your options honestly. I think Peyton sits out the rest of the year, but only because he's not 100% healthy and nothing to do with Osweiler. Bledsoe was no where close to where Manning is/was, so I think if Manning is 100%, and he wants to play, he plays.

Personally, I think he hung around to get the win and yardage record. He did. I'm not saying he isn't injured but others, including his bro, have played through it. He's done. Just sucks his last game was the worst of his career but nobody will remember that in the end.

I think he is done in Denver. He may reset next year somewhere else.

I think they give him a start if he's able but if he has any problems it will be his last game.

Personally, I think he hung around to get the win and yardage record. He did. I'm not saying he isn't injured but others, including his bro, have played through it. He's done. Just sucks his last game was the worst of his career but nobody will remember that in the end.

His isn't a normal case of plantar fas, his is tearing away from his heel. Quadruple the pain of normal PF.

I don't really fit with any of your options honestly. I think Peyton sits out the rest of the year, but only because he's not 100% healthy and nothing to do with Osweiler. Bledsoe was no where close to where Manning is/was, so I think if Manning is 100%, and he wants to play, he plays.
He may not have been a hall of fame QB but at the time Bledsoe got hurt in NE he was playing great - Manning, not so much. I think you're right though, I guess I should have also added "he never sees the field again" period :)

I bet he isn't back in Denver next year. Question is, what team takes him for one (two at most) years as his career winds down? And one he'd mind playing for.

I think he's with ESPN or Fox next season wearing a papa johns polo. His time on the field is over.

I bet he isn't back in Denver next year. Question is, what team takes him for one (two at most) years as his career winds down? And one he'd mind playing for.

Cleveland or Detroit.

I have always seen Peyton as the enemy with my being a Pats fan but he is like the heavyweight fighter that doesn't know when to hang up the gloves. It's ugly when he gets in the ring. He has nothing left to prove. He has a ring and most every record out there. He needs to not be selfish and let the possible future of the Broncos have trial by fire. Even if his foot is ok, the rest of Peyton is used up. See you in the Hall Of Fame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Just like Tiger, I don't think we will ever know how bad he is hurt. That being said I don't think we see him again unless osweiler gets hurt.

As a Bronco fan, I hope Peyton does not try to play again until he is 100% healthy.

I doubt that will happen even if he sits out the remainder of the year. Peyton's best days are way behind him and only his recovery and ego will determine his future.

My hope is Ossy continues to play well and this becomes his team, win or lose. He has had the opportunity to learn behind a great quarterback (ex: Aaron Rodgers) while staying healthy and developing his body. I think that is a huge plus for him.

It would be ideal if Peyton stays with the team as a backup until they can draft / trade and develop a quality backup. (Pipe dream). You can't win in this league with one quarterback. The game is too fast, violent and with the new concussion protocol, even when qb's are protected, a qb is still vulnerable.

No. Just no.
Stop it.
Bledsoe and Manning aren't even in the same conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Just no.
Stop it.
Bledsoe and Manning aren't even in the same conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're situations are quite different as well. Bledsoe had years left in the tank and I think led the league in passing yardage while in Buffalo. Manning is all but done.

I said that in the NFL thread and got taken to task for it. I still stand by that sentiment though, he's finished.
He may play another, or more, seasons. But the skills that made him one of the best all timers are gone.

He may play another, or more, seasons. But the skills that made him one of the best all timers are gone.
I disagree, which it's one of the biggest sources of heartache for him and his fans. He is as good as he's ever been before the snap. He literally can't do physically what his brain works out to do. In many situations where he throws picks, the receiver is open, but the ball is just too slow, too weakly thrown, too take advantage.

Peyton didn't suddenly stop understanding how defenses work. He just can't get the ball where it needs to go, imo.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I disagree, which it's one of the biggest sources of heartache for him and his fans. He is as good as he's ever been before the snap. He literally can't do physically what his brain works out to do. In many situations where he throws picks, the receiver is open, but the ball is just too slow, too weakly thrown, too take advantage.

Peyton didn't suddenly stop understanding how defenses work. He just can't get the ball where it needs to go, imo.
I'd say this is true for most football players. The body gives out first. Still has the same result ... retirement.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Ugh. When I said "skills", I should have said throwing arm.

His isn't a normal case of plantar fas, his is tearing away from his heel. Quadruple the pain of normal PF.

True + possibly longer recovery, greater chance of surgery and recurrence. Just ask my Achilles.

yea he never had a great arm though. that's NEVER been what's made him great. so what's your point again?
He had an NFL arm. Not an Elway arm. But Payton has now faded the last three seasons. And each season has been an earlier fade than the previous season.

I don't see Peyton recovered until the end of the regular season. If the Broncos continue to win under Brock, it will be his team come playoff time. Peyton will finish his career holding a clipboard on the sideline.

Back