Palm Bay Florida Dec 24-27

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I'll be in the area visiting my wife's relatives for Christmas and plan on playing at least one round. Anyone have suggestions of courses to play in the area? Also, if anyone wants to meet up and play, I'd be happy to have another THPer to play with..... Hopefully with good eyes to find my ball bc my game is a whirlwind right now. ? So whatcha got?

Spent a bunch of winter/spring training time down that area last few of years sooo - these are pretty decent and within hailing distance:

The Majors - right there in Palm Bay, I believe; (fun course, inexpensive, real convenient)
Duran Golf Club - a teeny bit N of Melbourne in Viera (just off I-95), probably highest cost in this bunch (and, trust me, course can really beat ya up on a windy day!!;
Viera East - also just a bit north of you;
A wee bit farther afield - about an hour west of Melbourne on Hwy 192 - but a really nice track:
Royal St. Cloud Golf Links - in St Cloud, (I really enjoyed round here)

And tho I've never played there you do have the PGA Village about an hour south on I-95 down near Port St Lucie.
Also, PGA National is about 110 miles south of you so probably too much of a hike since you have some decent options closer.

Anyway, hope this helps - enjoy the trip

Spent a bunch of winter/spring training time down that area last few of years sooo - these are pretty decent and within hailing distance:

The Majors - right there in Palm Bay, I believe; (fun course, inexpensive, real convenient)
Duran Golf Club - a teeny bit N of Melbourne in Viera (just off I-95), probably highest cost in this bunch (and, trust me, course can really beat ya up on a windy day!!;
Viera East - also just a bit north of you;
A wee bit farther afield - about an hour west of Melbourne on Hwy 192 - but a really nice track:
Royal St. Cloud Golf Links - in St Cloud, (I really enjoyed round here)

And tho I've never played there you do have the PGA Village about an hour south on I-95 down near Port St Lucie.
Also, PGA National is about 110 miles south of you so probably too much of a hike since you have some decent options closer.

Anyway, hope this helps - enjoy the trip
Much appreciated!

I played The Majors Sunday after visiting my in laws over there and it's in decent shape for the price. Their greens were redone this year and they are still growing in. They had a lot of sand and overseeding on them when I played. I have played The Habitat golf course over that way as well and liked the design and conditions of that track better than The Majors.

Back