Could You Take The Challenge?

Based on experience, nope. Not unless it was a mixed manufacturer bag and a fitting was included.

You'd have to pry my new irons from #staffproto away from me in the next year. To be honest, out of respect for @WilsonGolf, I will not game any other irons this year. Such an amazing company, I wouldn't feel right pulling them from my bag after what they did for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice try but that won't get you into the 2016 W/S event :alien:

100% free? Absolutely. I switch clubs a few time during a year, but if someone was going to give me something to test or review - I don't think it would be a problem.

I would try but if I thought it was hurting my game I wouldn't be able to. Of course I tend to be a head case. Ha

As long as they were fitted for me and my swing, NO DOUBT I could make it an entire year and even more. Especially if I am playing well with them!

I could very easily. If I had something that worked for me I probably could go a long time without getting new clubs.

I don't think this would be a problem for me. I played the same clubs for about 15 years before joining THP and outside of driver changes, not much has changed in the last three years. Easy!

No I could not, my head would explode. I get a headache just thinking about it.

Yeah. Wouldn't be an issue.

Sure I could, I am still playing my Morgan Cup 3w and 4hybrid

It'd be pretty hard in my current position. But not counting testing equipment I could give it a great run. Been overly lucky in my THP days and have been to multiple events in which I've received a full bag of clubs(only 1 was free). But throughout that process there always seems to be at least 1 club that just doesn't fit the way the others do. Whether it's a hybrid, fw, or putter.
You are so full of it. You couldn't keep the same bag for a year. You love to tinker. Now me I could do it with ease.

Tons of us THPers love our golf equipment, so here is a hypothetical.

If you were offered a free bag of clubs. 100% free and you could pick the clubs yourself, do you think you could you make it an entire year without switching to something else?

Before answering I need more info.
Can you try them first ?
Would you be fit to them ?
Or would you have to guess what might work and play them blind ?

Before answering I need more info.
Can you try them first ?
Would you be fit to them ?
Or would you have to guess what might work and play them blind ?

See the Grandaddy thread as an example

You are so full of it. You couldn't keep the same bag for a year. You love to tinker. Now me I could do it with ease.

You know I could. I'd just have to leave THP for the year so I don't get distracted

I think I could handle that pretty easily, assuming that I was custom fitted into every club. The "youngest" club in my bag is a 4W that I bought this past spring to replace a 3W that was given to me. Every other club is at least 2 years old. I'm still gaming the MP-53's that I won at the 2010 THP Fall Outing.:angel:

Absolutely. Played this whole season with the same irons, wedges, and putter. Just swapped out the woods a few times. I could easily play a whole season with the same set of clubs if they were given to me based on my swing & fault corrections.

You point to the cliff, I'll jump.

If I was given a free set I would play them for years. I would play them until they broke or my skill allowed me to change them.(Shaft flex... Shaft Length..... Grips.....) and I don't see that happening anytime soon. That's like me going from an almost 20 handicap to winning Q school.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

No problem, I don't change clubs that often.. Hearing you guys talk about the Apex 16 has me wanting to try them real bad, those might kick out the S55 I currently game.

Yes I could make it the entire year without switching

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Without a doubt.

Oh absolutely and without question I could. If I got settled into the right clubs, fight shafts etc then I'd be happy as can be with only one set.

No problem.

Back