Looking at Ball or Club head?

I'm looking at a spot on the ball towards the inside of it.

I've never really thought much of this. I think I tend to look at both. I'm going to have to go hit some balls and see what I do.

back of ball

At setup, I look at impact spot of ball and clubhead. On takeaway, my eyes are set on the ball.

Lately the inside part of the ball, where I want to hit it. Aim small, miss small.

line up club head to ball, then the point of impact on the ball

Not sure.....will have to pay more attention next time out.

I look at clubhead to check alignment then it's all ball (or a spot 2" in front of the ball) from there.

Once i feel as though I'm square, then I look at the front side of the ball

The spot in the trees to which I'm likely going to hit the ball :alien:

At setup I like to find the intended target, find a spot just forward the ball on the target line, then square my club face to that line. So I reckon, right at setup I'm looking at the face.

Clubhead for alignment then ball

Club head to set up and from there I am staring at the inside half of the ball.

I look at a spot on the grass immediately in front of the ball (towards the target). It seems I make much better ball first contact this way. Think of the tee drill, where you hit the ball first and then tick the tee you placed in the ground in front of the ball on your target line.

Usually the back of the ball unless im playing the ball in the back of my stance then ill look at the front

Club head, honestly probably way longer than I should be

Club head then I honestly dont know what I look at should probably work on that

Spoken like a true hacker! Played a vacation round a few weeks ago where we drove 5 hours and because of the weather went straight to the course, unloaded and tee'd off. We were a few holes into the round and I was off, just missing every full swing shot. Suddenly I realized I was very focused on my swing, smooth take away, easy transition, nice follow thru. However, I was so focused on watching the club head go back I wasn't LOOKING AT THE BALL!

I told my playing partner and he just laughed and said, "Yeah that's kinda important..." Luckily I had kept the ball in play and my misses were straight thin shots that weren't in awful position so my score was respectable. After I began LOOKING at the ball, ball striking improved immediately and I was able to enjoy the round.

Ball for me

I look at a small point about 1/2 in front of ball. On driver, I look at a small point under the back of the ball.

Once I'm happy with how the club head is set I'm looking at a dimple on the ball. I've heard of Jordan Speith looking at a spot just in front of the ball but it doesn't work for me.

Taking that perceived alignment has already been done...I look at the front side (roughly 2 o'clock) as I want to give my best attempt at a good swing path. Will actually look in front of the ball a touch sometimes on same line to get my mind to let the ball "get in the way" if you will. Keeping my head still and not follow that path and allow my body to get through and transition is always a work in progress.

Club while I square up, then where on the ball I want to make contact. With irons I used to look at a spot in front of the ball where I wanted the club to enter the ground. Go back to that sometimes when I hit a couple in a row fat.

Back