Bubba Watson Travelers Championship Winner - WITB

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* set to 7.6 Grafalloy Bi-Matrix Pink X-flex 44.5” tipped.5”
Wood: Ping G 14.5* set to 13.2 Fujikura Tour Spec 8.2X 42” tipped 1.5”
Irons: Ping iBlade 2i, s55 4-P True Temper DG Tour Issue X100 +.25” on 2i, +.5” 4-P
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 52-12 SS, 56-12 SS, 60-06 TS True Temper DG Tour Issue X100 +.5”
Putter: Ping PLD Anser Blast Finish 34.25” length, 4.5* loft, 68.5* lie 340G
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

heck of a round to grab this one. another nice win for the G400 lineup

If Ping would just come back out with the two-color balls, Bubba could have had a full bag of Ping.

~Rock

Always amazes me that pro's have loft's so specific (7.6*-driver, 13.2*-fw).

Not sure why but I'm starting to appreciate how much he moves the ball on any shot he wants.

Yesterday he played a drive that "only" carried like 240, a monster cut. In the fairway.

He shapes a draw on a Par 3 by aiming at the gallery/cart path/woods and then it just lands all the way on the green, it's pretty cool to watch.

This may be a question for a different area, but when you see Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* set to 7.6 Grafalloy Bi-Matrix Pink X-flex 44.5” tipped.5”, does that mean it was tipped a half inch to play at 44.5 or does that mean it's a 44.5 inch shaft tipped .5 so it really plays at 44? And .5 tipped means half inch cut off the bottom, right?

Not sure why but I'm starting to appreciate how much he moves the ball on any shot he wants.

Yesterday he played a drive that "only" carried like 240, a monster cut. In the fairway.

He shapes a draw on a Par 3 by aiming at the gallery/cart path/woods and then it just lands all the way on the green, it's pretty cool to watch.

And makes it look easy!!!

His ability to shape shops and his creativity is literally unmatched.

This may be a question for a different area, but when you see Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* set to 7.6 Grafalloy Bi-Matrix Pink X-flex 44.5” tipped.5”, does that mean it was tipped a half inch to play at 44.5 or does that mean it's a 44.5 inch shaft tipped .5 so it really plays at 44? And .5 tipped means half inch cut off the bottom, right?

half an inch cut off the tip, total playing length 44.5"

also just saw Bubba donated $200K to a childrens charity

Tipped from the bottom before butt trimming to length. You tip the bottom to make the shaft play stiffer.

also just saw Bubba donated $200K to a childrens charity

I just saw that on Twitter. Great gesture by Bubba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still gaming the S55s...I love those irons, one of my all-time favorites.

I think we need bubbatracer on every shot so more people appreciate what he's doing. freaky and fun to see him aiming right at the gallery or cameraman. it's the epitome of trusting your hands to do what you're imagining...can't do that if you're not relaxed and committed.

I think we need bubbatracer on every shot so more people appreciate what he's doing. freaky and fun to see him aiming right at the gallery or cameraman. it's the epitome of trusting your hands to do what you're imagining...can't do that if you're not relaxed and committed.

I agree. I could watch Bubbatracer even if he's not in contention.

I'm a Bubba fan. I would love to see him play in person. His ball striking is fantabulous. But watching on Sunday he was also a short game beast. He was so confident and composed around and on the greens. The ball wanted to go in the hole.

I want a midsize PP58 on my Voss 2.0. Could it be the Bubba effect?

Polarizing guy but if he’s not the most interesting and unique to watch play of his generation I don’t know who is.

I was looking at the WITB on the Ping site and noticed the driver grip is slightly larger than everything else and no mention of being 10 degrees open. It's madness I tell you.

Back