Kentwool Underwear Review Thread

I love the guarantee and really has me intrigued but honestly I would never pay anywhere close to $50 for 1 pair of underwear.

I dont disagree with anybody here, but think about this for a second and how we view what we purchase.
We will pay for shorts with a logo on it, X amount of dollars for the design, but the item under shorts that is closer to an important region, we go cheap. Its an interesting dynamic.

I think it says something about vanity in there somewhere, and certainly there is nothing wrong with it. Just a different perspective.

People see my shorts.

Don't see my undies unless they get lucky.

:alien:

I dont think anybody is wrong, but just a different thought.
Look at it like this. You could buy the ABC brand of golf shirt at Walmart or an Under Amour golf shirt somewhere else. Lets assume the price is about double (its actually more since Walmart shirts range from $9-$20). They both function the same because I know where UA's shirts are made and the materials. Why choose the one thats double the price?

I see this as no different. If the answer is someone like's the quality, thats cool too, but the same could be said for this.

Items that are unseen (see socks, underwear, etc) are often viewed as less important. To give you an example, why buy the UA brand of compression shorts, when Walmart sells a different brand for even less?

Im not posting this as a dig against anybody and certainly not telling people to go out and spend what they dont want to, but just that I believe personally that the unseen items (which might be more important) are generally less thought about than those that are seen.

I would compare this more as PXG: OEM brands as there are other good brands that are roughly half the price of the Kentwool gear. In your comparison, I would say that is comparing OEM: House golf brands. I have spent $20-25 on undergarments, but not sure I could justify spending double to triple that. Doesn't mean I won't check them out, just that the price point is shocking to start off at.

I ordered 3 pair of boxers.....chaffing no more....hell yes

I would compare this more as PXG: OEM brands as there are other good brands that are roughly half the price of the Kentwool gear. In your comparison, I would say that is comparing OEM: House golf brands. I have spent $20-25 on undergarments, but not sure I could justify spending double to triple that. Doesn't mean I won't check them out, just that the price point is shocking to start off at.

Except that most of the high end wool performance under garments from name brand companies are between $45-$50 a pair. So it really is in line with the pricing, rather than above most. It just so happens that most golfers have not searched that stuff out yet.

Except that most of the high end wool performance under garments from name brand companies are between $45-$50 a pair. So it really is in line with the pricing, rather than above most. It just so happens that most golfers have not searched that stuff out yet.

Fair point, can't really compare with wool performance as I have never purchased any of those items.

Agree, I have a few under garments from Peter Millar that were in this range.

Interested but price is just brutal on those items. Need a 90% off sale! :)
Agreed, the socks rock and even their price point isn't too bad, but holy cow that's expensive for some undershirts and underwear!

I will see what the review has but will probably just stick to my UA underwear.

I know I initially balked at the price of their socks, but the performance of their product has won me over the last couple of years.

I have a feeling the same thing will happen with their boxers and will definitely give a couple of pairs a try.

Like most here I love my kentwool socks I have a couple of pair and there my favorite. I was all in until I saw the prices. Wow!!! No thanks I'll stay with Duluth buck naked and UA. I'm in at $30-35 not any higher.

I guess at first i thought this was a stupid idea, yet i now own 4 pairs of Kentwool socks. A couple months ago i thought it was insane to pay $20 for a pair of socks. Yet i tried them and liked the quality and performance. I guess considering what i've seen above, $50 is fairly average for something in this category. So while i have not paid this price before, that doesn't mean i should immediately rule it out as ridiculous and i may like what they provide. It definitely is relative. I'd take a 50% off sale....

That price is crazy and I don't see a lot of people buying them at this price.

I am not baller enough to be rocking $50 underwear.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

The contoured pouch sounds more comfortable that compression shorts. Sometimes the twig and berries just need to breath during a 4 hour round when walking.

I won't lie, I'm excited about these.

These look good. Ill pick up a pair and see how they go

I've steadily climbed the price ladder in my off the course underwear game, so I guess it's a natural progression to do so on the golf course as well.

However, I like, don't love the Kentwool socks, so I think I'd still have to really talk myself into spending the money on these.

I've got a few photos of the Kentwool Underwear, which arrived the other day. I've got them in black, and I don't have immediate comfort thoughts as I probably need to get them in the wash first! Hah! That said, they feel soft, albeit not wildly different than some of the performance underwear I've worn in the past.

1210151336-XL.jpg

1210151336a-XL.jpg

1210151337-XL.jpg

1210151337_Burst02-XL.jpg

1210151337_HDR-XL.jpg

1210151337b-XL.jpg

Back