South Florida THPers - Let's tee it up!

Plantation preserve has a nice range. And short game practice area.

So far our SFL crew is:

Canes
HBirdman
SW
rafdo
h0ss66
X.man
bump10
afwcardinal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good info. Hope to tee it up with everyone on this list sometime after January.

So far our SFL crew is:

Canes
HBirdman
SW
rafdo
h0ss66
X.man
bump10
afwcardinal

Hey that's two groups! I took my first swings yesterday and not too much pain, going to try for 9 holes sometime this week to see how much rust I can knock off.

Checkout Seven Bridges and Springtree's wedge facility. It's great. The wedge facility at Plantation is on the backside of the range and only open to members and staff.

I miss being in New Mexico. I'm not going to find 125 yard wedge ranges down here in Florida.

I'll be at our condo in Naples for a couple weeks starting December 22nd. I don't want to wish the next 4 years away but I'm looking forward to retiring and becoming a resident of south Florida and playing a lot of golf.

Checkout Seven Bridges and Springtree's wedge facility. It's great. The wedge facility at Plantation is on the backside of the range and only open to members and staff.

I miss being in New Mexico. I'm not going to find 125 yard wedge ranges down here in Florida.

Haven't played spring tree in a while. I think h0ss66 plays there frequently. Some of the best greens even for an executive course

I have Equipment starting up on the fast rail from WPB to Miami so I will be down there quite a bit for the next few months and I always have the clubs in the truck.

I have Equipment starting up on the fast rail from WPB to Miami so I will be down there quite a bit for the next few months and I always have the clubs in the truck.
that is a big project going on....Orlando in 2 hours from WPB

Yep, if they can get anyone to ride it. I am afraid most people are so attached to their cars it won't get enough use to make it profitable or at least break even.

Anyone know of a public range that isn't mats? Preferably not in north broward lol.

Yep, #15 & 17. For me, the layout only has one goofy hole. #14. Having a bunker right in the middle of a landing area and forcing you to either hit 4 iron - 4 iron in or bomb a driver over the water to a landing area that is 15 yards wide and have a flip wedge in is stupid.

is that a public course? I am going to Fort Lauderdale in February, I might visit for a round

Anyone know of a public range that isn't mats? Preferably not in north broward lol.

What area are you looking for?

What area are you looking for?

Preferably Doral or south. I could make a case for Pembroke pines since that's where the golf stores are, don't want to go much farther north than that though. Everything down south is mats. Inquired at Biltmore but haven't heard back. Lost access to a range now that it's "officially" officially closed.

Preferably Doral or south. I could make a case for Pembroke pines since that's where the golf stores are, don't want to go much farther north than that though. Everything down south is mats. Inquired at Biltmore but haven't heard back. Lost access to a range now that it's "officially" officially closed.

Miami Springs. Just east of Doral. They re did the range to paspalum like 2 years ago

Miami Springs. Just east of Doral. They re did the range to paspalum like 2 years ago. Lighted range. Last bucket at 8pm lights off at 9pm

Miami Springs. Just east of Doral. They re did the range to paspalum like 2 years ago

Is that Mel Reese or is it the old track with the railroad tracks across the back of the property?

Is that Mel Reese or is it the old track with the railroad tracks across the back of the property?

I'm not sure if it had rail road tracks there once. I play there all the time and don't recall tracks. It's just behind the airport to the north. Melreese is next to the airport on the east side.

Which airport? You saying some good things here. I will be working at MIA. I would love to find some place close to go beat range balls.

I'm not sure if it had rail road tracks there once. I play there all the time and don't recall tracks. It's just behind the airport to the north. Melreese is next to the airport on the east side.

I see that Melreese is right there by the airport. Is there a range there?

Ah, no I mixed up. I was thinking Miami Shores. Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow...in the rain.

I see that Melreese is right there by the airport. Is there a range there?

Yes both surround the airport. One to the east (Melreese/mats) and Miami Springs to the north (paspalum range). As courses Mel Reese is much better overall. Miami springs is my local muni track. No thrills or frills, just convenient.

Ah, no I mixed up. I was thinking Miami Shores. Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow...in the rain.

Miami shores is awesome. I love hat track. Although there pricing without premier card is high. They definitely have the railroad tracks. If you go to Springs shoot me a txt, and if I'm free I'll go with you to smack some range balls around

Thanks. I hate hitting off mats, so that's out. But for a quick round before or after work, however it works out, sounds good. Appreciate the heads up.
Yes both surround the airport. One to the east (Melreese/mats) and Miami Springs to the north (paspalum range). As courses Mel Reese is much better overall. Miami springs is my local muni track. No thrills or frills, just convenient.

Miami shores is awesome. I love hat track. Although there pricing without premier card is high. They definitely have the railroad tracks. If you go to Springs shoot me a txt, and if I'm free I'll go with you to smack some range balls around

Will do. First free day so it'll be raining I'm sure.

Got to play a round with SW this weekend and as usual it was a great time.

Looking forward to getting more guys down here to play. Should we post in here or start a new thread?

It was a good time, thanks for being patient. More rust than the tin man after a rain storm.

Back