Walking the course

DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
My friend and I decided to walk the course this morning. I have walked before but it has been a long time and I carried my bag on a crappy pull cart and it was terrible. This morning though I absolutely had the best time ever. It was so refreshing to walk the course and really feel and see the ups and downs and bumps and trees and everything. You can hear the birds and smell the grass (instead of gas). It was just an amazing time. It really made me love Golf even more tha. I already did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only way to play IMO. I enjoy the round infinitely more, and tend to play better, when walking rather than zipping around in a cart.

I enjoy walking the course too. I don’t get to do it much and round here, we have some massive elevation changes, so walking can be daunting. But I do enjoy it when I can.

Absolutely the way the game was meant to be played. Not any slower either despite what people think. Glad to see more or walking.

Absolutely the way the game was meant to be played. Not any slower either despite what people think. Glad to see more or walking.

Exactly, it’s meant to be played walking & carrying your bag.

Didn't realize how much I missed walking the course. I love having that time between shots, the walk to the ball, to really appreciate being out there.

I find being on a cart it is a lot of hurry up & wait, and it is tougher to stay in a decent rhythm.

Glad you enjoyed the round. Invest in a good push cart (ClicGear) and you will enjoy the rounds even more, easier than carrying a bag for 18 holes.

I walk about 95% of my rounds and often do two laps which is about 14 miles. Dropped a few pounds in June without trying. :good:

We were actually talking about that while we were walking. Our take was each person heads on a straight line to their ball then each hits and keeps on going. Has to save a lot of time.

I prefer to walk, but with my bad back I’ve gone to a push cart. Besides being healthier, I tend to slow down my play and think more about the next shot.

I usually walk as well, especially Twilight. Sometimes best thing you can do is invest in a fair pushcart, even if it's a hundred bucks but it will pay for itself in a dozen rounds or so

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I started playing regularly last fall at the local city courses and took up walking again. Light stand bag, strolling the fairways. Made me feel like a kid again. Can’t say that I play any better walking, but I sure do enjoy it. Going to invest in a good push cart soon.

Glad you enjoyed the round. Invest in a good push cart (ClicGear) and you will enjoy the rounds even more, easier than carrying a bag for 18 holes.

I don’t have a clicgear cart but I got the CaddyTek 4 wheel push cart. I am pretty happy with it. I didn’t pick it for any particular reason, I just happened to get a really good trade deal on it. It was like brand new used maybe one time and I have around 30-40 dollars in it.

I really prefer to walk and use a pushcart whenever possible. I'm known as the "crazy dude" at my home course because I will be out there walking when it's over 100*. I just prefer the rhythm of playing when I walk.

I'm walking as much as I can to try and help myself lose some weight and while I'll admit I like the breeze you get from the cart speed on hot days, I much more enjoy walking, helps me to stay calm or walk off any frustration before getting to the next shot. I haven't walked a full 18 yet, I've walked a executive 12 and a few 9's. I think with the extra weight I am still carrying I will look into a push cart before I walk an 18.

Walking can be almost therapy on the course. I can remember several times where I'm having a bad day or bad round but I take a look around, see the sun setting or hear the birds chirping and it improves my mood 100%

Golf now hot deals I ride, the rest at my home course I walk and use my push cart. No need to put extra stress on the back. I like walking but riding doesn't take anything away from the game for me.

I love to walk. It's the only way to play. I can't stand carts.

There are so many benefits to walking a course. My game improves, my mood improves, I don’t drink any beer (which probably results in the improved game, haha) and in most cases it’s faster.

As a natural introvert I also enjoy getting a break from the constant chatter with my partner that ensues when we drive a cart together. I do enjoy the social aspects of golf but it can get overbearing trying to keep up a chat for 5 hours. It’s nice to meet up on tees and greens and have breaks in between.

I live in Louisville, KY which is really flat so I enjoy walking. Try to as much as possible. Also golf counts as a workout if you walk imo!!!

I walk the majority of my rounds and love it. I got a Bag Boy push cart for 160 bucks and that saves me money at the course, I used to rent them for 5 bucks a pop. Good to hear that you are enjoying the game even more

I only use a cart if it's above 85°, or playing a hilly 18. Otherwise walking is so much more enjoyable (in so many ways).

Very nice!!!

I don’t have a clicgear cart but I got the CaddyTek 4 wheel push cart. I am pretty happy with it. I didn’t pick it for any particular reason, I just happened to get a really good trade deal on it. It was like brand new used maybe one time and I have around 30-40 dollars in it.

The wife and I are dieting and exercising so it’s a great way for me to exercise too. I don’t think carts take away from the game, but walking really adds to it. Like someone else said, it is how the game was meant to be played.

Glad that you tried it again and enjoyed it. I try to walk as much as I can. In addition to the other things that people have said, it's usually easier for me to find a wayward shot if I can walk straight toward it instead of going back to the cart, driving around the tee box and out to the fairway, and losing my sightline.

Back