The Official Tiger Woods Thread

What a great, down to earth interview. I love that he talks about his kids the way he does. THAT is your legacy, Tiger. Be proud.

I found his answer sort of sad, yet very honest. For someone with such a perceived ego to give an answer like that was pretty neat

I also thought the shorts thing was funny. And he kinda in a round about way admitted that whatever he and Foley were working on was no bueno for his short game.

That was a fantastic interview. Really enjoyed reading it.

Him detailing the struggles with Foley is pretty telling. I think i remember Panda saying (paraphrasing) it was not working and not ever gonna work because it was completely different than anything he has ever known.

and this is just flat out inspiring

You’ve used the term “full throttle” to describe your approach, even in 2008 at the U.S. Open when you were in such pain.
From the very first shot, the first hole, you have to be that way. It’s one of the things I was trying to teach Jason Day this year. The first hole is just as important as the last hole, and every shot is exactly the same. So you have the same intent, the same intensity. Nothing changes

Excellent interview!

It's great to see him open up like this.

I have always thought this Tiger was there. I think we all eventually go through life humbling experiences that teach what is really important in life.

Great interview, interesting to read how much being a Dad means to him.

This was an outstanding read. Judging by his own words, I don't know if he'll ever be at peace with himself, but he's certainly learned clarity, and that's learning a lot.

If you are a fan of Tiger at all, this interview is a must-read. It's as open as Tiger has ever been: http://time.com/tiger/?xid=tcoshare

One of the more interesting answers he gave is here. As a golf fan, I hate to read it. But as a father, I love to read it.

That was fantastic Amol, thanks for posting it.

That was a really fantastic read. Somewhat depressing as a golf fan, but as someone who's followed Tiger, I really enjoyed him opening up.

It is nice to see human side of tiger. I like him even more now.

Solid interview and its good to see him open up a little. Good read!

That Time interview was a great read. I'm shocked his ex and he are "best buds" but what do I know.

Wow, that was a great interview!

Hope he's back on the course next year winning tournaments, when he's playing well it's good for the game.

If Tiger is smart, he should avoid playing in 2016 IMO. He needs to make sure his back is fully healed and ready for the grind before trying to compete at such a high level.

I'd love to see him in 16 but would also hate to see one of the greatest ever continue his free fall

I m wondering his mindset going foward at this point. Chasing major records or just playing for fun.

I m wondering his mindset going foward at this point. Chasing major records or just playing for fun.

I don't think he knows how to play for fun. He has a killer instinct on the course and that's really hard to tame. He needs to just tone down how aggressively he goes after it and figure out a way to ease the burden on his broken body.

I hope to see him back and healthy. He might not ever win again but he is good for the game like him or not.

Tiger is really opening up to the press!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er-2016-outlook-comeback-retirement/77948840/

My favorite info opens the article:

Tiger Woods was cruising around Albany Golf Course during the second round of the Hero World Challenge with his two favorite players tagging along in the front seat – daughter Sam, 8, and son, Charlie, 6.

Despite attentively watching some of the world’s top golfers, Rickie Fowler, Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott, play that first week of December, the family’s conversation inevitably turned to soccer. The kids, after all, are nuts for the world’s most popular sport.

So the youngsters were asked a simple question: Would you rather be Lionel Messi on the pitch or Tiger Woods on the golf course?

“Messi,” Sam immediately said with a big smile and a giggle.

“Messi,” the more reserved Charlie said. After a slight pause, the youngest Woods chimed in again.

“He’s playing.”

With that stinger, the elder Woods dropped his head in mock humiliation before cracking a huge smile and laughing out loud.

Back