Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Double Black Diamond Driver Preview Thead

I need to get on a monitor to see whats going on, but I was having a lot of luck hitting the ball higher with the 10.5 loft with some swing tweaks so the forgiveness I needed with the LTD isnt as needed and I believe I saw better carry numbers with my 816/Handcrafted combo.
Hey, remember on Tuesday when you said your bag was set ;)

I had the under.

Hey, remember on Tuesday when you said your bag was set ;)

I had the under.

I owned the club prior to the statement so it doesnt count.

After a few range sessions it seems this club is beating all challengers. M1, ltd, Ltd pro all have come up short in overall consistency.

Hi guys!!! I'll be setting up shop I here to give my thoughts in my #TheGrandaddy set up.

So far, so good and I'm loving the distance and dispersion I'm seeing from my fitting. I never in s million years thought this would be in the bag

3026590b3576e19fd7dbbc97b40f43fc.jpg

8a96eb8856494d0f2c724b9013f9651e.jpg

Hi guys!!! I'll be setting up shop I here to give my thoughts in my #TheGrandaddy set up.

So far, so good and I'm loving the distance and dispersion I'm seeing from my fitting. I never in s million years thought this would be in the bag

3026590b3576e19fd7dbbc97b40f43fc.jpg

8a96eb8856494d0f2c724b9013f9651e.jpg
Mike, seeing this in a few bags at the Grandaddy is making me questions which Callaway driver I should go with. Good problem to have!

Awesome set up Mikeg. I think it's fantastic that is working so well for you. Guess I need to think about looking at something similar myself.

Mike, seeing this in a few bags at the Grandaddy is making me questions which Callaway driver I should go with. Good problem to have!

It's interesting. When I went to go get fit for the Great Big Bertha thinking it was the best choice, my fitter insisted on having me try the DBD and the dispersion, launch, and distance was all noticeably better then the GBB.

Not saying the GBB isnt an amazing stick, but I think the profile Callaway pushed on the DBD turns some people away as being a more demanding stick. It may very well be for some but the 816 DBD should and will fit some players of all abilities better I think.

It's interesting. When I went to go get fit for the Great Big Bertha thinking it was the best choice, my fitter insisted on having me try the DBD and the dispersion, launch, and distance was all noticeably better then the GBB.

Not saying the GBB isnt an amazing stick, but I think the profile Callaway pushed on the DBD turns some people away as being a more demanding stick. It may very well be for some but the 816 DBD should and will fit some players of all abilities better I think.

Exactly my thoughts. The GBB with the Grandura is legit, but being fitted by the best in the business and seeing that numbers don't lie. Set at 8*| heavy weight in the heel | core down.

It is clear that this club is staying in the bag. It has beaten the m1, cobra king ltd, gbb, and the Ltd pro. All great drivers but for me, it's obvious that I am swinging the 816 dbd the best. The launch conditions I am getting with the 9° head and px lz50 handcrafted 7.0 is amazing. Nearly 17/1700. The fact that when I mishit it I get a bit of a knuckler that falls out of the sky fits my game well. I don't want the 280 yd drive that is offline. Something about this club really agrees with me. Played 18 today and hit lots of very good drives.

The driver is a beast Kang.

Might need to see what all the fuss is about with this thing. Intriguing as the GBB was longggg for me on the monitor. And this is longer? Sign me up for some of that.

Might need to see what all the fuss is about with this thing. Intriguing as the GBB was longggg for me on the monitor. And this is longer? Sign me up for some of that.
I cant say if the DBD was/is longer than the GBB over a larger sample, but for me, on the top end, the DBD was longer

The main difference I see is the ballspeed/spin retention across the face. The gbb is so good at retaining spin and ball speed. When I miss with it, I get long drives that are offline. Not the miss I like. The dbd loses much more ballspeed and spin, when I miss with it, I get the knuckler that goes about 240 but tends to stay in play. For ME, that is the better miss. It's all about your miss and what you want out of the club. Both are filthy long nutted. I prefer the dbd head shape over the gbb too.

The main difference I see is the ballspeed/spin retention across the face. The gbb is so good at retaining spin and ball speed. When I miss with it, I get long drives that are offline. Not the miss I like. The dbd loses much more ballspeed and spin, when I miss with it, I get the knuckler that goes about 240 but tends to stay in play. For ME, that is the better miss. It's all about your miss and what you want out of the club. Both are filthy long nutted. I prefer the dbd head shape over the gbb too.
Interesting stuff. Straighter but shorter on misses you say. I can get down with that as long and the nutted drives make me feel halfway manly. Head shape of the GBB didn't bother me, but matte finish I love!

Interesting stuff. Straighter but shorter on misses you say. I can get down with that as long and the nutted drives make me feel halfway manly. Head shape of the GBB didn't bother me, but matte finish I love!
This is the best driver on the market IMO

This is the best driver on the market IMO

That's scares me! I know you were liking the King LTD driver and if this is better than that one it must really perform well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's scares me! I know you were liking the King LTD driver and if this is better than that one it must really perform well for you.

As I said before, no other driver on the market right now can beat this out of my bag. As many as I've tried, that's a big statement

As I said before, no other driver on the market right now can beat this out of my bag. As many as I've tried, that's a big statement
That is a huge statement coming from you

That's why I'd be scared to play against you. I'm glad you found your gamer.

I will say that in pure carry numbers this is the longest driver I've ever hit. I have been extremely impressed at how good the DBD performs

Back