The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even need to? Isn't your deductible more than a window pane? And even if it's a little more, consider your premium going up for the next few years since you filed a claim.

And the headache of getting insurance when. You go to buy again.

Sitting with the neighbors tonight next to the alley and a truck drives by( my back is to it as it approaches) and when it gets by me I see an air compressor in the back. Both neighbors said as it passed that they don't live here. I was not quick enough to get my camera out and hesitated as we thought about it or I would have ran around front and got in my truck and followed them. After we talked about it for a minute I got up and walked around to where the new homes are just being finished up and sure enough, they stole the compressor from one of the new complexes . Just sucks I did not react soon enough. Hopefully one of the neighbors cameras picked up the truck.

Dude that sucks.
Sitting with the neighbors tonight next to the alley and a truck drives by( my back is to it as it approaches) and when it gets by me I see an air compressor in the back. Both neighbors said as it passed that they don't live here. I was not quick enough to get my camera out and hesitated as we thought about it or I would have ran around front and got in my truck and followed them. After we talked about it for a minute I got up and walked around to where the new homes are just being finished up and sure enough, they stole the compressor from one of the new complexes . Just sucks I did not react soon enough. Hopefully one of the neighbors cameras picked up the truck.

Having to terminate someone, especially during this time of year sucks.

Always hated having to do that, still do.

One of the best business tips I was ever given was this... "If you have to fire someone, and they dont know it's coming, then you havent done your job."

Layoffs and cutbacks are different though, always tough to tell someone that they are losing their job and they have done nothing wrong.

Always hated having to do that, still do.

One of the best business tips I was ever given was this... "If you have to fire someone, and they dont know it's coming, then you havent done your job."

Layoffs and cutbacks are different though, always tough to tell someone that they are losing their job and they have done nothing wrong.

I would agree, but some people lack any self-awareness as well so even with constant training and discussion they still lack the ability to know when they are failing.

I would agree, but some people lack any self-awareness as well so even with constant training and discussion they still lack the ability to know when they are failing.

And such is life, my dude. You do what you can when you can.

our company only does it on Fridays.

I learned from a smart man you never fire people on Fridays. They have the entire weekend to worry and wonder what they are going to do. If you fire people early in the week they can start looking for a new job immediately.

That definitely sucks. I have worked for a staffing agency for 8 years and about 2 months after I started one of our clients slowed down and I had to lay off 18 employees the week before Christmas. Definitely not a good feeling...

You can only do what you can do.

I learned from a smart man you never fire people on Fridays. They have the entire weekend to worry and wonder what they are going to do. If you fire people early in the week they can start looking for a new job immediately.
First, it's sounds cliche but it's true. You didn't fire them. They fired themselves and you just executed the paperwork.

I agree with the smart man in general. However if circumstances dictate an immediate termination and it's Friday. I would not wait until Monday. But u understand the thought process behind it and generally think it's a good idea.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

49862257.jpg

You win the internet today.

The State Liquor Authority raided my pre-bowling happy hour spot last night. 175 of 225 patrons were underage, 91 people were arrested for having false identification, and 2 bartenders for serving minors. Now it sounds like the SLA is trying to pull their liquor license.

No more $1.50 domestics before bowling?

#devastated

The State Liquor Authority raided my pre-bowling happy hour spot last night. 175 of 225 patrons were underage, 91 people were arrested for having false identification, and 2 bartenders for serving minors. Now it sounds like the SLA is trying to pull their liquor license.

#devastated

Sounds like a class joint .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#devastated

Dude, time to find a new happy hour spot that includes people your own age! Oh my. :laughing:

Dude, time to find a new happy hour spot that includes people your own age! Oh my. :laughing:
It's a Thursday night in a college city (Troy, NY). I bet the same was true of any number of bars they could've walked into.

Plus, have you seen how fat I am? Underage is the only shot I've got. "Ever see a $50 bill…?!"

It's a Thursday night in a college city (Troy, NY). I bet the same was true of any number of bars they could've walked into.

Plus, have you seen how fat I am? Underage is the only shot I've got. "Ever see a $50 bill…?!"

#SugarDaddyPete

Too much work and not enough people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back