Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the original too. Wait till you try the 3 or 4. Blazing fast, crazy really. Just a great machine, and I got the basic i3 one.
I am totally in the ponder mode for the 4 now. I saw them at Best Buy on Black Friday and have been researching ever since. Going to wait a bit to see if they drop in price

How is the battery life on the new Surface Pro? I've found the iPad Mini I have to still last a lot longer when watching movies and stuff - I was able to use it the entire way to/from Hawaii for movies, so it stays around for that reason. If the Surface Pro 4 can do that, I'll probably run out the door and buy one today.

The full Os and expanded storage have me leaning that way, though I'm not sure I need something to handle heavy tasks as its really more for consuming content rather than generating it.

Expanded storage sounds trivial until you can buy the cheapest storage option and expand how you would like. Plus when you want to add things like movies or music, you dont have to use somehting like iTunes to do it. Just drop the card in and good to go.

How is the battery life on the new Surface Pro? I've found the iPad Mini I have to still last a lot longer when watching movies and stuff - I was able to use it the entire way to/from Hawaii for movies, so it stays around for that reason. If the Surface Pro 4 can do that, I'll probably run out the door and buy one today.

I am getting almost the exact same time as my iPad mini. Both better than our Android tablet, which wasnt bad either. The Surface will make it to California with two flights of media and still be about 50%, so I would assume HI would make it too.

I am getting almost the exact same time as my iPad mini. Both better than our Android tablet, which wasnt bad either. The Surface will make it to California with two flights of media and still be about 50%, so I would assume HI would make it too.

That's fantastic. A huge improvement over the first one.

That's fantastic. A huge improvement over the first one.

Obviously, settings and use play a role there. The good news is that if for some reason I go dead, I have the Mini tucked away as a backup.

I had the original too. Wait till you try the 3 or 4. Blazing fast, crazy really. Just a great machine, and I got the basic i3 one.
JB what did they change in the keyboard I have a pro 3 and with the 3 keyboard and I think my only complaint is in some positions the keyboard is lacking. Also the way the pen attaches is cheesy imo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JB what did they change in the keyboard I have a pro 3 and with the 3 keyboard and I think my only complaint is in some positions the keyboard is lacking. Also the way the pen attaches is cheesy imo

Keys are spaced more and the trackpad is bigger.

I am a keyboard snob, I am suuuuuper picky about keyboards and I LOVE the surface keyboard we have.

Here is a picture Ron.
c5bea0fb1bf0dbfa93deff32f389f3dc.jpg

a35877fa4f2b8ca5a4f2fffe6bceeb13.jpg

LG V10 has arrived! Thanks Canadan for the info!

While waiting for my wife to shop in Target yesterday I started checking out the Bose Bluetooth speakers and now have it stuck in my head that I need one for the house. Does anyone here have one or other recommendations?

While waiting for my wife to shop in Target yesterday I started checking out the Bose Bluetooth speakers and now have it stuck in my head that I need one for the house. Does anyone here have one or other recommendations?
Do you have a good set of desktop speakers? Or are you looking for portability?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Bose makes a really solid one. A bit on the expensive side but really good sound.

If you want to go cheap I would check out Amazon and look at some reviews

Do you have a good set of desktop speakers? Or are you looking for portability?

More for portability to move between levels of our house or out in the garage and deck.

More for portability to move between levels of our house or out in the garage and deck.

Yeah I would do what texashacker said. Check out Amazon and look at reviews. Better ones out there for cheaper.

Well as much as I wanted the LG battery life and wireless charging were paramount so I opted for the Droid Turbo 2. I love the new Android OS and while it's bloated its nowhere near as bad as a Samsung phone and I've managed to turn it all off or disable all of what I didn't want in an hour or so. The phone is a tad thicker than I would prefer but it's a small price to pay hopefully.

Well as much as I wanted the LG battery life and wireless charging were paramount so I opted for the Droid Turbo 2. I love the new Android OS and while it's bloated its nowhere near as bad as a Samsung phone and I've managed to turn it all off or disable all of what I didn't want in an hour or so. The phone is a tad thicker than I would prefer but it's a small price to pay hopefully.
You could have purchased a new cover for the LG that enables wireless charging. Amazon. About $15. LG is running a promo right now that if you buy the phone they will send you another battery, battery charger and 64gb SD card. Take the turbo back lol! Jk

You could have purchased a new cover for the LG that enables wireless charging. Amazon. About $15. LG is running a promo right now that if you buy the phone they will send you another battery, battery charger and 64gb SD card. Take the turbo back lol! Jk

Yah I don't wanna mess with a Qi adapter when I have the option to have it built in. Kinda defeats the purpose when you have to attach something to the back of the phone. I'm just OCD.

Yah I don't wanna mess with a Qi adapter when I have the option to have it built in. Kinda defeats the purpose when you have to attach something to the back of the phone. I'm just OCD.
Yeah I understand that. I bought the new back to replace the factory one. No adapter. Just a replacement back with the QI charger built into it. I honestly don't know why LG didn't install it from the factory. The connectors are there. O guess they just wanted to make more money lol

Windows sucks so bad. Woke up to a broken loop of "Preparing Automatic Repair" and can't even load into windows.

Can't wait to see how much data I've lost. Piece of garbage operating system.

Windows sucks so bad. Woke up to a broken loop of "Preparing Automatic Repair" and can't even load into windows.

Can't wait to see how much data I've lost. Piece of garbage operating system.
You need something like this bro!

e09e0cb4f1c338e5a19fbc04b2b4757f.jpg

I say that as I am rocking a Surface Pro 3! Haha

I'm on my macbook pro (imagine that, it's not broken) at the moment. Regretting upgrading to Windows 10 and regretting ever letting them auto update.

We'll see what my boys at Xidax can do for me in an hour. This isn't my expertise, I just use the things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back