What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

forgot a pic of boulder creek

bouldcreek_oh.jpg

Boulder creek for me

Boulder creek, even though it tends to kick my butt

Edit: dang, just outside 30 minutes from me (along with some other pretty good ones). So I'll have to say Sweetbriar - legacy course.

My answer as well

If I'm in Cleveland that's my pick as well. Love that layout.
I love Boulder...

For me I have A LOT of golf courses within 30 mins of me.

Private would be my new home course Stafford no doubt.

Public would probably have to be Twin Hills. Great layout tight little track.

Here's a few of Stafford.
222f2b2be87a8c04bb083d09377d4e6b.jpg

d94db465cc09b943fe7be14b38d2e9a3.jpg

My favorite local course that I don't get to play much is Inverness. I get to play there 2 times a year. Absolutely love it! Second would be Rob's course, Highland Meadows. Then 3rd is Orchard Hills.

San Pedro in Benson, AZ. Fun course, good greens, pretty tough, but a lot of holes offer great opportunity for bar/birdie when my swing is on.

My favorite is Eagle Point Golf Club, my go to budget course is Dutcher Creek.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Does it have to be playable by me? The Country Club is about that distance...

With you here for private course, definitely a bucket list course for me

George Wright Golf Course, #27 last year on Golfweek's rankings of municipal golf courses.

http://www.cityofbostongolf.com/course/george-wright-golf-course/course-tour

This is a great course!

True Story. My father is from Brookline and growing up he was not allowed there as they didnt allow Jews. Over the years and through his successes he was offered to play many times and he finally got the chance and has now done so numerous times and I get to do it with him in 2016.

I remember when you told me this story at Ocean City, I was shocked at that, I had no idea the history there, but awesome he got to play it. I'm very excited you get to play it next year, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

My pick is Juniper Hill in Northborough, MA

About 35 min for me...

36 holes two different layouts. Really fair rates and I can usually always get a really early morning tee time.

http://www.juniperhillgc.com/mobile/index.html#home

What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

For me I have A LOT of golf courses within 30 mins of me.

Private would be my new home course Stafford no doubt.

Public would probably have to be Twin Hills. Great layout tight little track.

Stafford is a great track! I would love to get around it again.

When I was living in Connecticut it was Black Hall in Old Lyme.
Since moving to Florida Tierra Del Sol, about 20 minute cart ride.

Stafford is a great track! I would love to get around it again.
No doubt my man. We'll male a weekend of it. Lots if golf.

Oh my... Tough to pick one. For a public course, I'm going to go with Thunderhawk Golf Club. For private (the few I have had a chance to play), Strawberry Creek, without a doubt. I have been tempted to join, just because of the one round I was able to get in (thanks to dhartmann).

There are a few good ones close to me but I'd have to go with Fox Hollow GC in Trinity.

There are a few good ones close to me but I'd have to go with Fox Hollow GC in Trinity.

That's my favorite I have played on that side of town.

Private: Baltusrol. I was fortunate enough to play there this year and loved playing another Tillinghast course.
Public: Royce Brook. It's been one of my favorite NJ courses for years.

The Frog Golf Club. Best within 30 minutes of me for sure.

I'll be at the Frog in April before Club Clash. I'm still finalizing details, but come join me!

Private: Baltusrol. I was fortunate enough to play there this year and loved playing another Tillinghast course.
Public: Royce Brook. It's been one of my favorite NJ courses for years.

I'll be at the Frog in April before Club Clash. I'm still finalizing details, but come join me!

Be glad to! Once we get closer, let me know your schedule.

Ballyowen in northern NJ.

My favorite, going by number of rounds played, would be Blue Ridge Shadows.

Rock Harbor is another good one that I need to play more often.

Raspberry Falls might be on the outer limits of the 30 minute drive constraint, but I'll include it just because you can get away with driving 75 on Route 7 :alien:

ETA: If there are any VSP who are also forum members - I always obey the posted speed limits :bashful:

MeadowWood Golf Course - Liberty Lake Washington.
I live 1 block from here.
Driving range is the big lake, #9 is on the right and #10 is on the left.
Across the street from the clubhouse at the top of the photo is another good course called...Liberty Lake Golf Course.
It really is hell living 1/4 mile from 2 great public courses. :golf:

kKN7bkuj3XgTpnozTGyDDvPHEnLXHJHr.jpg

Back